Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone here still stuck on OpenVZ 6 and want new software? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone here still stuck on OpenVZ 6 and want new software?

2»

Comments

• wpyogawpyoga Member
    edited May 2021

@davi said:
    @wpyoga Thanks for your open support request. Could you please share your script as I still have one openvz 6 storage VPS from time4vps where I have debian 9 and will try if I can upgrade to debian 10.

Hi, thanks for the interest. But it's not an open support request ...

Anyway, I've uploaded the information here: https://filebin.net/w0b4sz6554cwefwo

PLEASE read through all of it, and understand that it's not tidy and may not even be complete -- I haven't had the time to tidy it up -- it's a set of documents that I made as I go

Basically what I did was:
    1. Patch, compile, and install glibc-2.27 on Xenial
    1. Upgrade Xenial to Bionic
    1. Patch, compile, and install glibc-2.27 on Bionic
    1. Patch, compile, and install glibc-2.31 on Bionic
    1. Upgrade Bionic to Focal
    1. Patch, compile, and install glibc-2.31 on Focal

I'm using Ubuntu, but I imagine the whole process will be similar for Debian.

Note that for every glibc version, the second patch action has a different set of patches, mainly because when you upgrade the distro, you also upgrade the toolchain (GCC and friends).

Also, be warned that I have come across a problem using new software on this old kernel (BIND9 not able to use TCP_FASTOPEN). @Daniel15 was right :smile:

Update: use filebin since file.io only allows a single download

Thanked by 2davi misaka00251
  • wpyogawpyoga Member
    edited January 2022

Someone asked me for the scripts, so I refactored them, and pasted the archive here: https://pastebin.com/rkSpg7HZ

Note to self: update the scripts for Jammy (22.04)
    It's getting ridiculous (16.04 -> 18.04 -> 20.04 -> 22.04) and old, and insecure... but it's all done just for fun :tongue: and just because we can :smirk:

Thanked by 2misaka00251 bruh21