Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unmetered VPS for backups
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unmetered VPS for backups

Hi.
I'm looking for a VPS provider that can offer unmetered bandwidth, disk space > 100 Gb, CPU & Memory are irrelevant. I would preffer Europe, but USA is fine too. Budget is max 5 $ per month.

Comments

• MassNodesMassNodes Member
    edited November 2013

How much bandwidth unmetered are you looking for? 10mbit, 100mbit, 1gbit, etc....

EDIT:
    I assume the reason why you haven't responded is because your confused.
    You need to let people know how big of a line you want unmetered to your VPS. Basically... how big of a pipe for water to run though. Each of these sizes have max speeds for example, 100mbit -> ~12MB/s, 1Gbit -> ~120MB/s. Depending on what you want will reflect the price people can offer you. Full 100Mbit plans can run you ~$100-$300 depending on how premium the network is.

If your just looking for a lot of bandwidth it's probably good to note that 100Mbit or 12MB/s is equal to about 32TB of bandwidth. If you buy bandwidth in such as "TB" or "GB" you might be able to get higher speeds than unmetered for less...

So.. maybe your not looking for unmetered?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I can offer Xen for that, however, only ipv6 and no raid. Port is 100 mbps but unmettered is relative, more than 2-3 tb is a lot for that money.
    In germany can offer ftp, web and ssh access only, but will be 18 Eur a year.

• I have a VPS with 120 gb HDD space and 2000GB Bandwidth on 1Gbps Port.
    2000GB Bandwidth is not enough, I need at least double ..

• What do you backup that need so much traffic?

IIRC Backupsy 250GB is $5/monthly with coupon.

Buyvm storage 250 GB with 2.5TB traffic is $7/monthly.

• @fliphost offers unmetered bandwidth storage

• why not try greenvaluehost. they have plan for unlimited bandwith $5/m with 250GB disk ;)

• There is no such plan at greenvaluehost

• Oh well, ordered the 5.20 $ plan with the offer on WHT. 100 gb space. Thanks for the suggestions guys