Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you know PR? A very awesome IDC - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you know PR? A very awesome IDC

2»

Comments

• syoukosyouko Member

@yoursunny said:

@aiden1 said:
    how is this an insult or swear word at all?

i don't understand. is this some weird cultural thing?

When my naughty roommate said this to me, I reported him for death threat.
    He got a warning from the apartment rental agency, and promised not to say this again.

This sentence is really serious, so don't say it easily

• @yoursunny said:

@aiden1 said:

He got a warning from the apartment rental agency, and promised not to say this again.

how naughty was he?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited May 2021

@notarobo said:

@yoursunny said:

@aiden1 said:

how naughty was he?

Roommates or Not? "moving out" section:

My first two years at NorthPointe had "world peace". Things went downhill on the third year, when Yuan moved in. His meal timing was "very different". By that, I mean he would cook his meals at midnight. Worse, he would play loud music while cooking, making it impossible for me to sleep. Dirty plates were piling up in the kitchen, and the fridge was full of uncovered plates of food.

I had the leasing office organize a roommate meeting to resolve these issues. Yuan reluctantly agreed to change some of his behaviors, so things became slightly better. However, given Youxi would graduate at the end of that year, it's uncertain who would take his place, I decided to move out and live alone.

• zxrlhazxrlha Member
    edited May 2021

@lowendclient said:

@zxrlha said:
    :D Probably virtualizor calculated wrong bandwidth :D
    Maybe they did some wrong configurations.
    But I don't know whether they provide support in Chinese.

Virtualizor calculated the correct bandwidth but client ran out of it. (VPN/Sync etc..)
    Then his machine got suspended and will NOT auto-unsuspend in the next month.
    (The same as other panels, that's how it designed)

There might be an understanding gap:

Client may think it's provider's obligation to calculate and limit bandwidth byte by byte as they marked in the propaganda, once reached the machine will be hang-up and restore next month.

From Virtualizor/provider side, they have the different understanding. For this PR case, I see the provider suspend his VPS after ran out of (or exceed) traffic, even in the next month it WILL NOT auto unsuspend.

Maybe the provider ask the client pay for overusage even just 1 byte, and this can only communicate by ticket. Or they determine the client abuse their service by exceed traffic they offered each month. Not humanized way however the provider offered you promised traffic.

Client should understand it's not provider's duty to unsuspend your account after you overused their service, the only way to solve problem is to communicate with a proper mood.

Good to know that host will not auto suspend.

For control panels, I still doubt whether it is correct, because for my VPSes(not with PR, of course), virtualizor always get wrong info. For example, virtualizor said one of my VPS use all the RAM all the time and sends warning all the time. Virtualizor also said my another VPS use 0 disk space.
    I also had one VPS suspended by control panel due to out of traffic, but as showed in the control panel, my traffic usage is well below the advertised traffic limit.

• cybmp3cybmp3 Member

standing with you bro.
    加 大 力 度

Thanked by 1syouko
  • So aside from calling up on their moms in peculiar ways and very much deserving your account suspended - did you actually try to contact them in a calm and polite manner?
    Or did you just spill the moms right off the bat?

• syoukosyouko Member

@cybmp3 said:
    standing with you bro.
    加 大 力 度

• syoukosyouko Member
    edited May 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:
    So aside from calling up on their moms in peculiar ways and very much deserving your account suspended - did you actually try to contact them in a calm and polite manner?
    Or did you just spill the moms right off the bat?

I hope you can imagine the feeling when the machine is suspended for 2 month without any notice and the work order is not answered. Instead of focusing on the comfort of the other mother.
    I'm not in America. I don't have a gun

• @syouko said: I'm not in America. I don't have a gun

Murdering people over a $2/mo VPS, that's a new one.

• cybmp3cybmp3 Member

@stevewatson301 said:

@Jio said: You open a ticket saying "stupid cunt" and "your mum is dead" and wonder why your account is closed?

And this is why some providers would just avoid accepting customers from China. But whenever someone does this, they become emotional and come to LET to share their word salad which includes the words "discrimination", "prejudice", "looking down upon", and so on.

It's not about chinese.
    Anyone may exceed the traffic, In ordinary rules , when the server reach the limited of traffic , Which should be suspendedin this month and recovery in next month.But PR told him that his server would be recovery in next bill(it's mean the next year).

• cybmp3cybmp3 Member

@syouko said:

@cybmp3 said:
    standing with you bro.
    加 大 力 度

Maybe you should tell the PR that you want to renew the bill 8-10 months in advance.
    Give them more money >:) >:) >:)

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

@cybmp3 said: Maybe you should tell the PR that you want to renew the bill 8-10 months in advance.
    Give them more money

That probably will work

• syoukosyouko Member
    edited May 2021

@cybmp3 said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@Jio said: You open a ticket saying "stupid cunt" and "your mum is dead" and wonder why your account is closed?

And this is why some providers would just avoid accepting customers from China. But whenever someone does this, they become emotional and come to LET to share their word salad which includes the words "discrimination", "prejudice", "looking down upon", and so on.

It's not about chinese.
    Anyone may exceed the traffic, In ordinary rules , when the server reach the limited of traffic , Which should be suspendedin this month and recovery in next month.But PR told him that his server would be recovery in next bill(it's mean the next year).

The point is that PR did NOT tell me anything.

I know I scolded it.

The reaction was quick, and I was banned directly :#

• Good to know that host will not auto suspend.

For control panels, I still doubt whether it is correct, because for my VPSes(not with PR, of course), virtualizor always get wrong info. For example, virtualizor said one of my VPS use all the RAM all the time and sends warning all the time. Virtualizor also said my another VPS use 0 disk space.
    I also had one VPS suspended by control panel due to out of traffic, but as showed in the control panel, my traffic usage is well below the advertised traffic limit.

Sorry but I mean it will not auto unsuspend.
    Which means you ran out of traffic and got suspended, the panel will not unsuspend it automatically next month.
    Maybe it uses the same suspend API with other method (Manually suspend / Abuse etc...), the panel can not judge whether it should be unsuspend or not in the next month.

• yuVVleiyuVVlei Member

pacificrack.com
    Swindler

Thanked by 1syouko
  • cybmp3cybmp3 Member

@syouko said:

@cybmp3 said:

@stevewatson301 said:

It's not about chinese.

The point is that PR did NOT tell me anything.

I know I scolded it.

The reaction was quick, and I was banned directly :#

PacificRacks redefines traffic. :D :D

• SollizSolliz Member
    edited May 2021

@skorupion said:
    One thing that I want to mention, is that you shouldn't really mention hostloc on here as they are the most likely cause of a DDoS attack performed a few months back.

As the largest IDC communication forum in Chinese circle, why does Hostloc attack Let forum? Stop blaming the Chinese for everything. Wait until you have proof. Don't you westerners pay attention to the law? You said Hostloc made a mistake, please provide proof. The US invaded Iraq because Saddam stole laundry detergent from American homes? Ridiculous.

Thanked by 2syouko Xiaoming
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

@Solliz said: Don't you westerners pay attention to the law? You said Hostloc made a mistake, please provide proof.

You need to learn the law. In the West we can state anything without any proof, especially if the target is not a commercial entity. Our courts have to prove we are guilty - Not like in yours the defendants that he is NOT guilty.

I can go bash HostLoc or LET (vice versa) all day, there is zero illegal in that.

• SollizSolliz Member

@William said:

@Solliz said: Don't you westerners pay attention to the law? You said Hostloc made a mistake, please provide proof.

You need to learn the law. In the West we can state anything without any proof, especially if the target is not a commercial entity. Our courts have to prove we are guilty - Not like in yours the defendants that he is NOT guilty.

I can go bash HostLoc or LET (vice versa) all day, there is zero illegal in that.

Yep, so now you Laugh at one's own joke. And I'm still at peace. Everyone should obey the law and morals instead of attacking others casually. The one who can be respected is never because he is right, but because he is not. Just like you're afraid to go out at 2:30 at night, I can go out on the street and have fun. Have this free time, more to manage their own country, democratic self-control did not see your development is very strong. A man who doesn't even know history, discussing legal and human rights issues with me. If you're angry because of what I said, I'm sorry. I did it on purpose.

Hehe that's funny.

Thanked by 2YIem syouko
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

@Solliz said: A man who doesn't even know history, discussing legal and human rights issues with me. If you're angry because of what I said, I'm sorry. I did it on purpose.

I am jewish from Austria with 2 passports, lived in nearly 10 countries, have 10year Chinese AND Russian business Visa, years in Hong Kong, and you want to tell me i dont know history? 🤣

@Solliz said: Just like you're afraid to go out at 2:30 at night, I can go out on the street and have fun.

I go out at 2:30AM all the time. I in fact came home at 5am today. I feel perfectly safe in this country, around anyone. I also felt perfectly safe in China at night, but the gov spying is obvious.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@Solliz said: Just like you're afraid to go out at 2:30 at night, I can go out on the street and have fun.

I go out at 2:30AM all the time. I in fact came home at 5am today. I feel perfectly safe in this country, and thats is not because i usually carry a gun.

• SollizSolliz Member

@William said:

@Solliz said: A man who doesn't even know history, discussing legal and human rights issues with me. If you're angry because of what I said, I'm sorry. I did it on purpose.

I am jewish from Austria with 2 passports, lived in nearly 10 countries, have 10year Chinese AND Russian business Visa, years in Hong Kong, and you want to tell me i dont know history? 🤣

I go out at 2:30AM all the time. I in fact came home at 5am today. I feel perfectly safe in this country, around anyone. I also felt perfectly safe in China at night, but the gov spying is obvious.

aha~great~

• syoukosyouko Member

@Solliz said:

@William said:

aha~great~

挺好的,能识别间谍活动。牛 嘎(往椅子右边倒)~

• aiden1aiden1 Member

@syouko said: 挺好的,能识别间谍活动。牛 嘎(往椅子右边倒)~

what does this mean in english

• SollizSolliz Member
    edited May 2021

@syouko said:

@Solliz said:

@William said:

aha~great~

挺好的,能识别间谍活动。牛 嘎(往椅子右边倒)~

哈哈,这帮孙子什么锅都往中国人头上甩。我NM你挨打了都得甩给中国人,我真服了。蛋大的地儿还搞民主,真扯淡。以前年轻以为老外过的挺好,现在看看还TM不如我呢。啥也不是。

PS :PR和饭桶(Psychz)都是垃圾(garbage)。

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@William said:
    In the West we can state anything without any proof, especially if the target is not a commercial entity.

@William is not a commercial entity.
    He sent a malformed packet to my home router and involucrated my program.