Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP Warning: include_once() Error in wordpress
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP Warning: include_once() Error in wordpress

alexhzensalexhzens Member

[STDERR] PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'wp-includes/js/tinymce/skins/wordpress/images/deprecated.lang' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/share/pear:/usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/share/php')

How can I solve this issue?

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well the file does not exist or the permissions are incorrect.

• JabJabJabJab Member

deprecated.lang

Uhmmm, very nice name.

Thanked by 1MrH

@JabJab said:

deprecated.lang

Uhmmm, very nice name.

Latin

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@alexhzens said: How can I solve this issue?

Congrats on your first post

Thanked by 1MrH
  • @angstrom said:

@alexhzens said: How can I solve this issue?

Congrats on your first post

Thanks

• @Neoon said:
    Well the file does not exist or the permissions are incorrect.

Thank you so much, man. I just removed that line from wp-config.php and it works now. I am still wandering from where the line came in my config file.

• JabJabJabJab Member

tbh I know almost nothing about wordpress... but that kind of line in wp-config.php + 'deprecated.lang' + you having no idea what this is + 0 results in Google would suggest webshell and hacked WP :D

@JabJab said:
    tbh I know almost nothing about wordpress... but that kind of line in wp-config.php + 'deprecated.lang' + you having no idea what this is + 0 results in Google would suggest webshell and hacked WP :D

Well, I was thinking the same, maybe he got Hackdoored.

• @Neoon said:

@JabJab said:

Well, I was thinking the same, maybe he got Hackdoored.

Probably yes. :(
    Now it just got fixed.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@alexhzens said: Now it just got fixed.

Maybe not. Removing the line might not fix what cause it to get there in the first place.

• @Mr_Tom said:

Maybe not. Removing the line might not fix what cause it to get there in the first place.

I am not seeing that warning in my error log now. I assume it is fixed now.
    What do you think?

• @alexhzens said:

@Mr_Tom said:

I am not seeing that warning in my error log now. I assume it is fixed now.
    What do you think?

You have been hacked, install wordfence and see the traffic activity, you will find out what is happening.

• JabJabJabJab Member

@alexhzens said: I am not seeing that warning in my error log now. I assume it is fixed now.

He is not talking about error.log, but the fact that your WP was compromised - you deleted one webshell. You have no idea how many of those are still there (different files, different methods) or how they did compromised your WP in first place and if you ever patched/fixed that [maybe it's outdate core, maybe plugin, maybe you fuckedup something].

• vovlervovler Member
    edited May 2021

an attempt to open a .lang file from an image folder is worrying

• mywebhostingmywebhosting Member, Host Rep

@alexhzens said:
    [STDERR] PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'wp-includes/js/tinymce/skins/wordpress/images/deprecated.lang' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/share/pear:/usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/share/php')

How can I solve this issue?

The easy way to fix this is by using the DIR magic constant, like:

require_once(DIR."/initcontrols/config.php");