Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Managed WP hosting / VPS for China?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Managed WP hosting / VPS for China?

I am looking for the best option available to host a WP website and have a good speed in China. I am considering alicloud VPS, but I am open for suggestions.

Also any other things that can help boost the website speed? CDN close to China?

Cheers,

hex

Comments

• Managed hosting is pretty much out of the question for this kind of stuff unless you're willing to pay an arm and a leg. Alibaba Cloud VPS (I think they have a starter series that provides ample bandwidth at 30mbps?) is a good choice.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited May 2021

NexusBytes Tokyo has good speeds to all three major ISPs in China.
    👉 order here, select Tokyo not Singapore, enable IPv6 subnet (paid link) 👈
    non-aff
    The ping results are typically less than 200ms.

SpartanHost Seattle has good speeds too, despite higher distance.
    👉 try your luck here, it's often out of stock (paid link) 👈
    non-aff
    My website https://yoursunny.com is currently on the 1GB Ryzen plan.

Avoid Europe - they are almost always slow.
    If you can looking at Singapore or Hong Kong: check traceroute to see whether it's direct or go through Japan.

Thanked by 2seriesn nyamenk
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

If you're fine with submitting your ICP license, you should use Alicloud/Tencent Cloud/AWS China/Azure China/etc. There are no reliable low-end providers with good network connectivity within China that I know of (though please let me know if you know one!).

If you don't want to get an ICP license, Microsoft Azure Hong Kong has good connectivity into China, typically 30-50ms from what I've seen via the CN2 line. It isn't low end but by the looks of it, budget isn't your primary concern.

CDN-wise, CloudFlare is $5k/month last time I asked for their China-enabled service, and Akamai won't be much better, so you should just get a VPS with good pings throughout China and you'll be fine.

• @lentro said:
    If you're fine with submitting your ICP license, you should use Alicloud/Tencent Cloud/AWS China/Azure China/etc. There are no reliable low-end providers with good network connectivity within China that I know of (though please let me know if you know one!).

If you don't want to get an ICP license, Microsoft Azure Hong Kong has good connectivity into China, typically 30-50ms from what I've seen via the CN2 line. It isn't low end but by the looks of it, budget isn't your primary concern.

CDN-wise, CloudFlare is $5k/month last time I asked for their China-enabled service, and Akamai won't be much better, so you should just get a VPS with good pings throughout China and you'll be fine.

I would highly suggest hosting outside of China, ICP licenses are really hard to obtain and frankly it's not worth it unless you have a really really good reason to get one. Alibaba cloud has a HK location that doesn't require an ICP license. Google also has a Taiwan DC, and Amazon Global Accelerator has decent performance in China.

• hex368hex368 Member

Thank you everyone for the suggestion. I'll give a try to the major providers, their basic plan should be enough to serve few Wordpress pages

• Try aliyun HK or tencent HK. No other choice will suit you.