Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


OpenLiteSpeed vs Nginx for static caching? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

OpenLiteSpeed vs Nginx for static caching?

2»

Comments

  • I prefer Nginx + opcache + TCP (PHP-FPM) + Redis

  • @23ontime said: Sorry but this thread is kinda stupid

    Adding to it after 4 months is what is stupid.

  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Host Rep

    @Proxecure said:
    I prefer Nginx + opcache + TCP (PHP-FPM) + Redis

    the same here, personal choice is Nginx - very easy to manage and very stable based on my experience.

  • I prefer Nginx + Redis

    Thanked by 1brandort
  • jcakleejcaklee Member
    edited June 14

    @23ontime said: By default Litespeed using Unix socks which is horrible and crashes
    you will need know how to change Litespeed to TCP
    you will need to be aware of LS htaccess problems (very sensitive and can be hacked)

    Unix socks perform better than tcp socks
    why this is horrible and crashes

  • DPDP Member, Moderator, The Domain Guy

    @jcaklee - Please don't necropost, thank you.

    Thanked by 1ariq01
  • sandozsandoz Member

    @WebProject said:

    @Proxecure said:
    I prefer Nginx + opcache + TCP (PHP-FPM) + Redis

    the same here, personal choice is Nginx - very easy to manage and very stable based on my experience.

    Easy to manage? If you have knowledge... What about rewrite rules in some specific CMS?

  • @sandoz said: Easy to manage? If you have knowledge... What about rewrite rules in some specific CMS?

    try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;

  • I need my glasses so I don't login to comment on necros.

    OLS benchmarks are not trustworthy. They rigged their benchmarks. For OLS they enable caching but for Nginx they didn't enable FCGI caching. And they don't care about their open-source version either. If there is any bug you are on your own for good enough time. If you know C++ and can patch things yourself, you can go for it. Or if you can pay BilohBucks you can try their enterprise version to receive support and quicker patches.

  • desperanddesperand Member
    edited June 14

    @Boogeyman said: OLS benchmarks are not trustworthy. They rigged their benchmarks. For OLS they enable caching but for Nginx they didn't enable FCGI caching.

    Try to test it by yourself.
    To be honest, i was surpriced several months ago when i tried to test them.
    Before the testing i was skeptical about their benchmarks, but results pretty surprised me. Yes, they're fast. But the sad part - they're bugged as heck.

  • sandozsandoz Member

    @desperand said:

    @sandoz said: Easy to manage? If you have knowledge... What about rewrite rules in some specific CMS?

    try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;

    Try to do it with Data Life Engine CMS then you will see if is easy or not. Nginx is great but requires know-how...

  • rober7rober7 Member

    Use nginx + fastcgi + redis on WP with php8.1and latest MariaDB ... work great, tryed opelitespeed and litespeed enterprise, not even close.
    Now i am testing mod_pagespeed on nginx ar looks quite good :smile:

  • @sandoz said: Try to do it with Data Life Engine CMS then you will see if is easy or not. Nginx is great but requires know-how...

    This is old, awful, sucks CMS, that I know since maybe 2006 or like that. The CMS mostly used on warez websites, almost no extensions, and awful customization.

    I do not underestand why people using the CMS.
    But even for this awful CMS possible to write try_files rules properly.
    But i will not help you with that.

  • sandozsandoz Member

    @desperand said:

    @sandoz said: Try to do it with Data Life Engine CMS then you will see if is easy or not. Nginx is great but requires know-how...

    This is old, awful, sucks CMS, that I know since maybe 2006 or like that. The CMS mostly used on warez websites, almost no extensions, and awful customization.

    I do not underestand why people using the CMS.
    But even for this awful CMS possible to write try_files rules properly.
    But i will not help you with that.

    I can assure you they have quality in their CMS, but the problem is clearly the nginx rules which is not easy like your said in your posts above.

    I didn't ask for your help in rewrite rules. I just stated the obviously nginx is not easy for everything or every job. This CMS is the proof of that. Also they provide nginx rewrite rules if you pay for the license which is a quite let's say "ridiculous" for some side..

    I use Nginx, but for some purposes like this CMS it may waste your time. DLE in a lot of ways it much light than wordpress. That is one of pros of using DLE instantly of Wordpress. The cons is obviously if you work with nginx it can be literally a headache, even rewrite rules being applied sometimes you get Error inside posta, articles and homepage fully working.

    That is to say Nginx is good but not for everyone and requires know-how also like others.

  • @sandoz said: I use Nginx, but for some purposes like this CMS it may waste your time. DLE in a lot of ways it much light than wordpress. That is one of pros of using DLE instantly of Wordpress. The cons is obviously if you work with nginx it can be literally a headache, even rewrite rules being applied sometimes you get Error inside posta, articles and homepage fully working.

    fastcgi_cache + wordpress = lite wordpress too.
    Proper modern themes (dozens of them, start with oceanWP, blocksy, astra) - also extremely lightweight and super-fast.

    WP slow - because of weird plugins coded by non skilled at all people. Any quality in WP market - costs money. Otherwise DIY, or hire someone.

Sign In or Register to comment.