Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The New Ipad! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The New Ipad!

2»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited March 2012

The iPad is the best device yet for reading LET while sitting on the john.

• jhjh Member

@raindog308 said: The iPad is the best device yet for surfing the web while sitting on the john.

Ok, that I can see.

@FTNChris said: The iPad's portability is a + and when your driving down the road or in an area without wifi the 4G would work wonders with you. No having to worry about cords or battery life while tethering.

My iPhone is a WiFi hotspot and my car has a mains socket ;)

• @TheHackBox said: Also I hear the "4G" is good on it.

AT&T's 4G LTE coverage map (Not the HSPA+ stuff) is pretty limited right now. So unless you are located in a big city (Think San Francisco, etc.), you probably won't have 4G for a couple of years.

• I don't have any 4G from any company where I am. I should be happy I can even get 3G to be quite honest.

• @jtodd said: My iPhone is a WiFi hotspot and my car has a mains socket ;)

The iPad's portability kinda trumps that. Its alot quicker then taking a laptop out for doing a simple task like answering a ticket or an email.

• @TheHackBox said: I don't have any 4G from any company where I am. I should be happy I can even get 3G to be quite honest.

AT&T rolled out LTE in my area (California Bay Area), but I chose to grab a iPhone 4S instead of a Galaxy S, so I can't use it. But I heard its pretty fast.

• @lele0108 said: AT&T's 4G LTE coverage map (Not the HSPA+ stuff) is pretty limited right now. So unless you are located in a big city (Think San Francisco, etc.), you probably won't have 4G for a couple of years.

I live out in the middle of no where in the woods, about 2 hours from anything which could be considered a "city" and I Currently have Full Power 4G.

• @FTNChris said: I live out in the middle of no where in the woods, about 2 hours from anything which could be considered a "city" and I Currently have Full Power 4G.

I find that funny as AT&T is barely EDGE by me.

• @FTNChris said: I live out in the middle of no where in the woods, about 2 hours from anything which could be considered a "city" and I Currently have Full Power 4G.

I'm pretty sure you on the HSPA+ stuff. It's not real 4G, it's just enhanced 3G. AT&T's LTE (Real 4G) map is very limited:

http://www.att.com/network/

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @lele0108 said: I'm pretty sure you on the HSPA+ stuff. It's not real 4G, it's just enhanced 3G. AT&T's LTE (Real 4G) map is very limited:

http://www.att.com/network/

It says 4G and its zips right though everything faster then I expected so that is all that matters to me. ha

• The new iPad is HSPA+ only right? The government allowed them to call that 4G.

• @dclardy said: The new iPad is HSPA+ only right? The government allowed them to call that 4G.

Think its LTE

• I had an iPhone 3G and didn't upgrade until the iPhone 4S. The upgrade was worth it.

Upgrading from an iPad 2 to an iPad 3 is just stupid, though. Thank you for reading.

• @TheHackBox said: I find that funny as AT&T is barely EDGE by me.

I live just outside the city limits of a large city and AT&T cellphones have no signal at all. Verizon works great.

• @lele0108 said: I'm pretty sure you on the HSPA+ stuff. It's not real 4G, it's just enhanced 3G. AT&T's LTE (Real 4G) map is very limited:

LTE isn't even 4G. Even the people who make it 3GPP don't say its 4G. 4G requires 100Mbps, only LTE-Advanced (and HSPA++++++) are candidates.

• @Naruto said:

Upgrading from an iPad 2 to an iPad 3 is just stupid, though. Thank you for reading.

Yes sir. I will not be upgrading. Plus apps supporting the new resolution will be out by ... when iPad 4 is out lol.

• NarutoNaruto Member
    edited March 2012

@Daniel said: 4G requires 100Mbps

When they have that I hope they let us use it in our homes.

What if 100Mbps in the air gives us cancer?

• @Naruto said: What if 100Mbps in the air gives us cancer?

The amount that a phone mast produces is much less then the natural radiation.

• kalamkalam Member

Just setup a 64GB WiFi version for a family member. It's pretty nice, but I'd personally prefer something like the XOOM.

• It's a really expensive device for what it is. There are better priced Android alternatives out there. That's not to say that it's bad, I just prefer Android over iOS.

• I feel like tablets are too niche. I have one, and it's nice and all, but I find myself just wanting to go on my desktop or laptop (and in some cases my phone).

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited March 2012

I gave my tablet away. Too big to conveniently carry, and onscreen keyboards are a severe pain for vi.

I stick to my HD2 at 175 lcd density or netbook when I'm in the field. ;m

• @Aldryic said: I gave my tablet away.

Ballin'. I just have an iPhone and a netbook; I never really had a use for an iPad or any tablet.

• Planning to get one on Friday, when they come out over here. I've been waiting for one though. Personally I love the form factor, perfect for throwing in your bag.

• @Aldryic said: I gave my tablet away. Too big to conveniently carry, and onscreen keyboards are a severe pain for vi.

Nano is quite tablet friendly .

• Can't resist. Must say no ... oh well going to pick one up soon.

• @Daniel said: Nano is quite tablet friendly .

Only if you jerry-rig the meta keys. Even then, nano is not near as powerful for editing existing files. I prefer only using it for writing something from scratch.