Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible anywhere to get $1.5/TB Storage?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is it possible anywhere to get $1.5/TB Storage?

sgno1sgno1 Member

Hi there,

Is it possible to get $1.5 per TB for Storage anywhere? Even if it's in bulk/paid annually, location doesn't matter!

Comments

• What's this for? Chia?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Obviously.

• Well, the IPv4 address and the compute requirement make it expensive to offer at that rate.

There's apparently something by Amazon called "Glacier deep archive" which offers $1/TB, but as with anything from these big tech companies, you'll pay with your kidneys and first born when you try to retrieve the data.

• bdlbdl Member

Hostsolutions, however network speed is zero Mbit/s atm

• defaultdefault Veteran

Long live Chia!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Not my provider, but I found this gem when browsing the dark web.

CPU: Pentium II 233MHz
    RAM: 8MB (16MB with annual commitment)
    HDD: 5000TB
    Network: dial-up number in +447937 area code, supports IPX connectivity
    Price: $7500/month, must be cash

• @yoursunny said:

No need to go on the dark web, @cociu already offers this.

Thanked by 1WSWD
  • sgno1sgno1 Member

@deank said:
    Obviously.

Nope, not Chia I'm not interested in it

• Hostsolutions perhaps.

Btw @hotlineservers have some storage plans

• xetsysxetsys Member

PulsedMedia offered seedbox slots, 6TB for 7Euros, on three occasions over last few months. But due to Chia BS, it would be stupid to expect a similar promo anytime soon. Hetzner has a SX server with 1Euro per 1TB, but as you might have guessed its also not available due to ongoing crypto BS

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • sgno1sgno1 Member

@xetsys said:
    PulsedMedia offered seedbox slots, 6TB for 7Euros, on three occasions over last few months. But due to Chia BS, it would be stupid to expect a similar promo anytime soon. Hetzner has a SX server with 1Euro per 1TB, but as you might have guessed its also not available due to ongoing crypto BS

That's sad, I needed it for another use case. Pretty sad to see all storage servers getting eaten by Chia :/

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

We do this on some of our promo plans, but they're paid annually or more. $80/2TB/2 years is $1.66 per TB.

$250/10TB/2 years is ~$1 per TB, but unlikely we will do it again considering Chia.

• @yoursunny said:

But is the network fast my man?

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@xetsys said: Hetzner has a SX server with 1Euro per 1TB

Which server is that out of curiosity, can't remember seeing it when I was doing our research for storage market :)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jmgcaguicla said:

@yoursunny said:

But is the network fast my man?

This server is not connected to IPv4/6/9 network.
    It has a MODEM on Jersey Telecom.
    You can dial its landline telephone number to access its console, and transfer files via ZMODEM protocol.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@sgno1

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3231110/#Comment_3231110

Please note that plotting/farming Chia is not allowed with this provider.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

We also have the CS2100 storage servers, still a few barebones remain and we are building them for customers on queue preorder basis at this point.

12x8TB (96TB) for 149€ a month, and that price is still somehow miraculously holding for the moment. Bigger prepayments gets priority on the build queue.
    Next nodes should be built in 2-3 weeks, depending on how well we get drives over the next few weeks. Right now waiting for some new HBAs & CPUs to arrive, we ran out of them too lol

Thanked by 2Sanjue007 xetsys
  • xetsysxetsys Member
    edited May 2021

@hosthatch said:

Which server is that out of curiosity, can't remember seeing it when I was doing our research for storage market :)

SX63 in Finland. Used to be 64 TB for 64 Euros. Since Chia BS, the drives have become scarce which is affecting hetzner's ability to accept new orders. The new storage line from hetzner was almost too good to be true. The SX133 with 160TB storage was on sale for 160 Euros. If one could overlook the setup fee, there was nothing better than this.

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-sx

• aj_potcaj_potc Member
    edited May 2021

@xetsys said:
    @hosthatch said:

SX63 in Finland. Used to be 64 TB for 64 Euros. Since Chia BS, the drives have become scarce which is affecting hetzner's ability to accept new orders. The new storage line from hetzner was almost too good to be true. The SX133 with 160TB storage was on sale for 160 Euros. If one could overlook the setup fee, there was nothing better than this.

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-sx

I think Abdullah @hosthatch is highlighting the fact that raw storage on a Hetzner server is not directly comparable with the storage services he's offering.

In other words, assuming you can find one for sale, you could get 64 TB of storage by renting an SX-63 and running it with software RAID-0. However, that would be highly dangerous, and it's not fair to compare that with @hosthatch's storage VPS offerings, which have hardware RAID and, I believe, SSD-based caching.

Actually, I was genuinely curious, 64 euros for 64 TB is a great deal and I hadn't seen it before :)

It's going to be ~58 TB usable storage with JBOD or RAID0, so $1.35 per TB, without any redundancy.

Or $1.80 per TB with 43.5 TB usable storage when doing (minimum redundancy) RAID5.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@hosthatch said:
    Actually, I was genuinely curious, 64 euros for 64 TB is a great deal and I hadn't seen it before :)

It's going to be ~58 TB usable storage with JBOD or RAID0, so $1.35 per TB, without any redundancy.

Or $1.80 per TB with 43.5 TB usable storage when doing (minimum redundancy) RAID5.

I love it when @hosthatch is impressed. This could mean summer offers.

• @default said:

@hosthatch said:

I love it when @hosthatch is impressed. This could mean summer offers.

The offers comes if/when Chia craters.

• jokjokjokjok Member

I am also looking for cheap storage (no seedbox, no mining, no illegal stuff) because of the situation with HostSolutions. Sadly the promo of HostHatch also expired. I need sth along the lines of 512GB /1 TB/2 TB.

• sgno1sgno1 Member

@jokjok said:
    I am also looking for cheap storage (no seedbox, no mining, no illegal stuff) because of the situation with HostSolutions. Sadly the promo of HostHatch also expired. I need sth along the lines of 512GB /1 TB/2 TB.

Sadly pretty hard to find something because of Chia :(
    Maybe in 2 weeks it might die and things might come up again on the market

• jokjokjokjok Member

@sgno1 said:

@jokjok said:

Sadly pretty hard to find something because of Chia :(
    Maybe in 2 weeks it might die and things might come up again on the market

So unlucky, i cant wait 2 weeks.