Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need email hosting recommendations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need email hosting recommendations

RamiRami Member

Need email hosting recommendations, it's for a friend who only needs like 10-15 GB of storage with the option to upgrade in the future if needed
budget: as low as possible with annual payment

Comments

• OujiOuji Member
    edited May 2021
  • VJTVJT Member

You can try Zoho for free.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

MXRoute via @jar is good to go. Good guy. Good service. Just good, ol' fashioned, goodery.

Thanked by 2Rami jar
  • Doesn't anyone bother using the search function on this forum?

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • RamiRami Member
    edited May 2021

@sandanista said:
    Doesn't anyone bother using the search function on this forum?

This is a "community" people helping each other with their experience
    When I or anyone here asking about a host we are asking about hosts with good service and asking for reviews that's why I said "recommendations" I know about a lot of email hosting companies but I have no experience with them

• MXRoute is quite awesome for multiple domains. If it's just for one domain i would go with ProtonMail (expensive) or Mailbox.org (quite cheap, unfortunately they changed the pricing not long ago). Both last providers are privacy friendly.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2021

Hi @Rami
    Our email hosting plans powered by mxroute fit your use case.,
    https://my.webhorizon.in/order/main/packages/email/?group_id=11

Includes free setup & migration assistance, just create a ticket after ordering.

Edit: Our recent Eid promo offers 50% extra disk space. :)

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @Rami said:
    Need email hosting recommendations, it's for a friend who only needs like 10-15 GB of storage with the option to upgrade in the future if needed
    budget: as low as possible with annual payment

If emails are not mission critical, you can use YandexMail for free with your domain name, plenty of features, nothing comes close in free category.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

mxroute and @seriesn ([aff link my.nexusbytes.com] [no aff]) he is a reseller that will give you more for less.

Thanked by 2seriesn jar
  • ahnlakahnlak Member

We really just need a bot that automatically answers "mxroute" to these questions :smile:

• sandanistasandanista Member
    edited May 2021

@Rami said:

@sandanista said:
    Doesn't anyone bother using the search function on this forum?

This is a "community" people helping each other with their experience
    When I or anyone here asking about a host we are asking about hosts with good service and asking for reviews that's why I said "recommendations" I know about a lot of email hosting companies but I have no experience with them

But if you did a search you would find countless threads where people recommend MXRoute (who are, btw, awesome). lol.

Thanked by 1jar
  • caracalcaracal Member

What’s the consensus for a LE mail provider that isn’t MXroute?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@caracal said:
    What’s the consensus for a LE mail provider that isn’t MXroute?

Mailcheap

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

This is LET. Ask an offer for a VPS, then play with an email project (like MailCow, Mail-in-a-box, Modoboa) to enjoy hosting it yourself.

• DucVoDucVo Member

MXroute

• @ahnlak said: We really just need a bot that automatically answers "mxroute" to these questions

Isn't @jar already a bot?

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @sdglhm said: Isn't @jar already a bot?

Not according to @deank ;)

• jpengjpeng Barred

mxroute that works.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

Drinking a beer got me thinking...

Maybe we rely too much on MXRoute. I have nothing against it, because indeed his services are great and work. But I think all this may very well be a conspiracy where in fact @jar plans to take over the planet under his majestic monopoly, by using our electronic communication as his means. As such, we may need more email providers on LET, to fight against all this plausible conspiracy which slowly started unfolding in my head.

It's also possible that I had too much alcohol, but the point still stands. We have so many VPS providers on LET (some even blocking port 25), and only 1 email provider.

Thanked by 1jar
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2021

Yandex, Mail.ru, Mailbox.org, Zoho, Migadu - plenty of options.

Yandex has no quota on emails on the free plan as far as I know, however they limit disk space if you use their cloud. Same applies for Mail.ru I think.

You can combine that with MailJet for sending (if you are doing transactional, or even for your own use) and you have your setup. :smile:

• scookescooke Member

I have 5 MXRoute plans, so clearly I love this option. However, if one of the criteria of your friend is seriously "the option to upgrade" the storage, then in fact MXRoute may not be the best option. They don't offer that, as far as I know, unless by "upgrade" you mean buying a plan with more storage. But MXRoute also has only 10, 15, 25 and 50 GB plans (and the odd 100GB plan which is a reseller plan), again, as far as I know, so the jump up in plans would be substantial - there's no "extra 5 gbs please" options. Now, I don't hold that against MXRoute, I think it's one way they keep the prices low.

I personally like the idea of just buying a VPS and installing MailCow, Mail-in-a-box, Modoboa (as @default suggested). You will most certainly have more space. And I think those all-in-ones also help keep the server secure with their updates and what not. I just recently tried out CapRover and installed poste.io, and it was pretty smooth. It installed fine, my email was delivered and received fine, and my IP remained clean.

Now, you may think going the self-host route will mean more work, but it won't be. The biggest challenge will be, in fact, ensuring your deliverability. And you need to do alot of the legwork with MXroute, as much as you would with the self-host routes, setting up all the various records (SPF, DKIM, etc.)

Thanked by 3default xetsys einverne
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Isn't Yandex known for selling user info?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@deank said:

I didn't hear such thing. Where did you get this information from?

Read it on LET some time ago. Some employees were selling user info.

They got "caught" and said the damage was minimal but who knows what the hell is going on in reality. I wouldn't trust them.

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited May 2021

MXRoute.com is excellent ..also I like mailfence.com for there privacy standards

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@default said:
    Drinking a beer got me thinking...

Maybe we rely too much on MXRoute. I have nothing against it, because indeed his services are great and work. But I think all this may very well be a conspiracy where in fact @jar plans to take over the planet under his majestic monopoly, by using our electronic communication as his means. As such, we may need more email providers on LET, to fight against all this plausible conspiracy which slowly started unfolding in my head.

It's also possible that I had too much alcohol, but the point still stands. We have so many VPS providers on LET (some even blocking port 25), and only 1 email provider.

It worked for Fran. With so many customers running under his slices, it’s only a matter of time before he’s appointed to the UN.

United Nerds?

• RamiRami Member

Thanks guys for your suggestions, I'm passing it to my friend and will let him decide which is the best for him

• RamiRami Member
    edited May 2021

@deank said:

Who isn't? ;)

• RamiRami Member

@jar any offers coming soon