Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommended provider for business apps in US?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommended provider for business apps in US?

zserozsero Member

Hi,

After many different kind of providers and virtualization solution, I've migrated everything to a Hetzner dedi server 3 years ago and I have to say my reliability and performance went up so much that it's uncomparable. Basically I had no downtime because of Hetzner in 3 years. All downtime was because of my mistakes (disk getting full, etc.)

Now, I'm looking for a similar service in a VPS in US West and US East. What would you recommend? Performance wise it's nothing special, 4 GB RAM, 2 core CPU with good single threaded performance is all I need, with NVMe SSD. I'm more interested in the reliability of the provider and its network connection.

Comments

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@seriesn's NexusBytes.com

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2021

I think it might worth looking into doing redundency and/or high availability yourself.

• zserozsero Member

I don't need super high reliability, I just want a provider who will be around in 5 years and who has a reliable network connection.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • mike1smike1s Member
    edited May 2021

@zsero said:
    I don't need super high reliability, I just want a provider who will be around in 5 years and who has a reliable network connection.

I plan on being here for the long haul, and do everything I can to have a stable network. :) I don't run state of the art gear, but I'm transparent, enjoy this industry, and am totally self funded (no debt) and own all hardware. We have a large non-profit and a web design firm hosting critical infrastructure with us currently, so we get the importance of uptime.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited May 2021

@lentro said:
    @seriesn's NexusBytes.com

Thanks for the ping brother <3

@zsero said:

If you are looking to leave the LE scenario, there are Linode, Digital Ocean, Aws and other big boys.

In the LE market, there’s great legends such as BuyVM.

We (Neuxs Bytes)been around for ~5 years.). Don’t know much about the next 5, as no one has seen the future. But as of this very moment, we have no plan of going anywhere.

Come join the family <3

Also we got Smokey fast cpus to Ryzen up your experience ;)

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

QuickPacket, BuyVM, Vultr, and Hivelocity supply my US needs.

Thanked by 3ericls Francisco miu
  • pierrepierre Member
    edited May 2021

@Ian_Dot_Tech has been around for a while, and I doubt he'll be leaving anytime soon. Got 1 VPS from LevelOne and 2 from Fallout, insanely reliable, and a great team behind the service.

His servers are located in Dallas, but that is a pretty good hub for all of the United States.

Thanked by 1Ian_Dot_Tech
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@zsero What kind of budget do you have?
    We are located here in Texas that would get you covered for both sides of the US.

• xetsysxetsys Member

Stick with tier 1 providers and you will be fine. I will suggest you to look into OVH and Leaseweb. If on tight budget, BuyVM has better deals.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • I'd like to recommend large players, like Vultr. They're super reliable and stable and their network so far is excellent for me for more than 5 years. You can also choose different locations in the US and they bill for hours.

Thanked by 1miu
  • zserozsero Member
    edited May 2021

Thanks for the replies.

So far VULTR High Frequency 4 GB looks like a good choice to me, however I realise for $24 per month I can probably find better deals. I liked their VPSBenchmarks grades, especially in Performance Stability they are the best.
    https://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/hosters/vultr#plan_highfrequency-4gb

I had bad experience with OVH support, they couldn't diagnose a slow network issue for 4 weeks on a dedi and they weren't helpful at all in their customer support, I ended up giving up that server, loosing set-up costs + 2 month for an unusable server.

BuyVM seems to be out of stock in NY. I only found reviews about their shared CPU plans on vpsbenchmarks.com so I have no idea about their dedi offer. Probably a good deal but I'm not sure I want to sign up for a 1 CPU deal, even if it is a dedi CPU. 2 CPUs starts at $30 per month.

LevelOne VPS range is out of stock.

LeaseWeb I didn't find any benchmarks and they are equally expensive as VULTR.

NexusBytes.com looks good, I read nothing but good reviews here. I'll write PM @seriesn.

Do you know anything about the redundancy behind VULTR servers? Are they SAN backed? Do they do automatic failover if a node is down?

Anything I missed?

• seriesnseriesn Member

@zsero said: NexusBytes.com looks good, I read nothing but good reviews here. I'll write PM @seriesn.

YEPPY! Responded. Thanks for the interest boss :)

Do you know anything about the redundancy behind VULTR servers? Are they SAN backed? Do they do automatic failover if a node is down?

The following two can help :)