Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment processors?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Payment processors?

skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Do you know of any payment processors with those requirements:

• When refunding the whole amount is returned, and I don't get charged anything.
  • Has good integration with Blesta
  • Allows for automatically paid subscriptions
  • Doesn't have an outrageous fee.

Comments

• mike1smike1s Member

Stripe and PayPal have been working for me rather nicely.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Yeah Stripe works well for us too. Cheaper than PayPal, blesta integration and supports auto renewing.

• I think PayPal is good to go except that their fees are higher.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

+1 for Stripe

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

2CHECKOUT.

Doesn't matter what people says, it works just fine.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@SWN_Michael said:
    Stripe and PayPal have been working for me rather nicely.

Except they don’t refund their processing fee when issuing a refund.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • WilliamWilliam Member

@1gservers said: Except they don’t refund their processing fee when issuing a refund.

Paypal EU does. It is law here.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@William said:

@1gservers said: Except they don’t refund their processing fee when issuing a refund.

Ah, didn’t realize that. It should be here too.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@William said:

Maybe that only applies to some EU countries because it doesn't to Ireland for example: https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees#statement-13

If you refund a Commercial Transaction payment, there are no fees to make the refund, but the fees you originally paid to receive the payment are not returned to you.

• asasdasasd Member

When refunding the whole amount is returned, and I don't get charged anything.

Refunding is an additional transaction, so you'll likely need a custom quote, prove your track record and have a "x day money back guarantee" or something similar on your website to justify.

Stripe, PayPal and 2checkout

Legally speaking Stripe, PayPal and 2checkout are not "payment processors", they are middle-man merchants, in other words they are "payment gateways". It means they don't process the payments for you, they take the payments. Then forward it.

Thanked by 2webcraft bulbasaur
  • WilliamWilliam Member

@SpartanHost said: Maybe that only applies to some EU countries because it doesn't to Ireland for example: https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees#statement-13

Possibly.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Stripe is the best choice out of three, 2checkouts don’t have any fraud detection system as first second is ok to process the order next is marked as fraudulent, PayPal charge for every step where the Stripe offer the option for free or very cheap, example: online terminal, refunds, fraud filters and chargeback protection cost peanuts.

• RootNerdsRootNerds Member, Host Rep

2Checkout also stopped accepting MasterCard Payments, we are also looking for a stable alternative now.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@RootNerds said:
    2Checkout also stopped accepting MasterCard Payments, we are also looking for a stable alternative now.

Seems stripe is the way to go, as said by the community

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

In fact, binding to a single processing company is risky. For many reason: your processing company can refuse some payments or your bank can refuse payments from them and in all the case you will be victim. Therefore you need at least 2 processing company to be sure that if one is failed then you can uninterruptedly work with other. Also, as far as i know Stripe is limited for some country while 2checkout work with about 90% of existing in the world country. I could also recall WorldPay but don't know anything about them now.
    If you doing as legal business then most convenience and reliable way for you would be setting acquiring account with your company bank.

• xethostxethost Member, Patron Provider

+1 for stripe

• LeviLevi Member

@Shakib said:
    2CHECKOUT.

They don't accept hosting business as it is deemed high risk.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2021

@RootNerds said:

Wow. We are with CCBill and Mollie now. Both accept CCs for us. However Mollie CC payments take 5 days until they can be paid out so we will disable Mollie for CC once CCBill fixed the whmcs module for us. They are very nice and helpful.

Did you also have to pay 1000USD/Year extra at 2co?

They have mailed us saying hosting businesses are high risk, we need to pay 1000USD/year for Visa and Mastercard new policy or our contract will be cancelled.

email https://pastebin.com/LXv6Xpni

Neither one of the many other Processors had such fee.
    I tried discuss with 2co for months

We moved on since then in April.

I even asked customers who rent or colocate dedicated servers with us for their own Hosting company and use 2co. They did not get such. It seems 2co just do as they want or idk

We also never got many chargebacks/disputes. Last chargeback was in 2019.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@HostSlick said: I even asked customers who rent or colocate dedicated servers with us for their own Hosting company and use 2co. They did not get such. It seems 2co just do as they want or idk

Maybe it's after x amount of cash in sales per year and they just start milking you

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

@LTniger said:

@Shakib said:
    2CHECKOUT.

I use 2Checkout. I do mind their high fees and deposit policy, but it's still worth it for me as i don't wanna beg Stripe to take us back.

Stripe accepted our account, kicked us out on next month back in 2018. They said they don't support hosting industries and we/it's a high risk business type.

• LeviLevi Member

@Shakib said:

@LTniger said:

@Shakib said:
    2CHECKOUT.

I use 2Checkout. I do mind their high fees and deposit policy, but it's still worth it for me as i don't wanna beg Stripe to take us back.

Stripe accepted our account, kicked us out on next month back in 2018. They said they don't support hosting industries and we/it's a high risk business type.

2CO and mollie will do the same. Be aware.

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • RootNerdsRootNerds Member, Host Rep

@HostSlick said:

@RootNerds said:

Wow. We are with CCBill and Mollie now. Both accept CCs for us. However Mollie CC payments take 5 days until they can be paid out so we will disable Mollie for CC once CCBill fixed the whmcs module for us. They are very nice and helpful.

Did you also have to pay 1000USD/Year extra at 2co?

They have mailed us saying hosting businesses are high risk, we need to pay 1000USD/year for Visa and Mastercard new policy or our contract will be cancelled.

email https://pastebin.com/LXv6Xpni

Neither one of the many other Processors had such fee.
    I tried discuss with 2co for months

We moved on since then in April.

I even asked customers who rent or colocate dedicated servers with us for their own Hosting company and use 2co. They did not get such. It seems 2co just do as they want or idk

We also never got many chargebacks/disputes. Last chargeback was in 2019.

Havent received any such requests from 2co yet thankfully.

• MarcoooMarcooo Member, Host Rep

Extremly bad experience with paypal i use Mollie works fine for me.

• momkinmomkin Member

@HostSlick said:

It does seems to be true :
    https://www.trustpay.eu/blog/coming-this-october-visa-high-brand-risk-merchant-registration/

• mikecmikec Member

@RootNerds said:

I found this news very surprising. Usually, Visa will follow suit.

• qba82qba82 Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2021

@HostSlick @LTniger @Marcooo
    Could You tell me if You use below integration with blesta and it is working?

https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10906-release-mollie-payment-gateway/

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2021

@qba82 said:

https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10906-release-mollie-payment-gateway/

Sorry, not using Blesta.
    Using WHMCS and https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/966-mollie-payments-gateway.

Its the module behind GiroPay, SEPA Transfer, Sofort Direct Debit, Credit Card and Paysafecard payment methods we offer

• MarcoooMarcooo Member, Host Rep

@qba82 said:

The API is very well documented. We created our own for whmcs

Thanked by 1skorupion