Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why cPanel not stopping Bypass/Cracked/Illegal License ?? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why cPanel not stopping Bypass/Cracked/Illegal License ??

2»

Comments

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@AndreiGhesi said:
    Why somebody will use a hacked cpanel license in a production environment. You don't know how was modified and what spyware or crypto virus they added.

You manage to get 100 accounts and then the hackers encrypt your server and request $1000 to be unlocked.

I don't think these are hacked cPanel licenses. Methods just get used to fake the IP that licensing servers see for example. So I don't believe there is a any actual hack nor malware going around.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • @zafouhar said:
    I don't think these are hacked cPanel licenses. Methods just get used to fake the IP that licensing servers see for example. So I don't believe there is a any actual hack nor malware going around.

But how can you be sure. The truth is you can’t as the software came from an untrusted source.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

In simple terms, they would lose money off them.
    In longer terms.
    With WHMCS people are making money so its worth chasing them for cracked licenses, while people using cPanel usually aren't making any money off it, and the alternative is either DA or some other panel. They want them to be in love with cPanel and only use cPanel. By letting them use a cracked license the customer gets used to cPanel, and won't want to use any other panel, as It will seem confusing. So when the customer decides to get shared hosting, then he would much rather have cPanel than DA. And when they choose cPanel, cPanel makes money off of them.

Thanked by 1Boogeyman
  • WilliamWilliam Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Then, It's not still understandable why they aren't doing so ! They want people to use these illegal licensing system ?

They try to get the owner and then send them a lawyer letter to pay. Same as Plesk.

Blocking cracks from working would limit this income stream.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

@LeonDynamic said: But how can you be sure. The truth is you can’t as the software came from an untrusted source.

You can't trust original Cpanel either. It's also closed source. Might as well have a full root backdoor inside or be supply chain attacked.

Diff the files of a hacked with a normal and you can be fairly certain thats the only changes, and you can actually read them - most nulled software is not re-encrypted.

Disclosure: I was running a warez group for mostly PHP years ago, most scene rules for this area were written by me.

https://scenerules.org/t.html?id=2010_SCRIPTS.nfo

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • Seems like it a star wars: Light Side (Genuine user of cPanel) vs Bogan (Cracked user of cPanel)

• JorboxJorbox Member

I have tested the cracked cPanel, its buggy a lot of features does not work, there are things like transferring cPanel backups that checks for the license and its not work.

• momkinmomkin Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Hello,

Why would you want them to stop it ?
    Cpanel is very busy increasing prices for bigger hosts, they don't care about banch of people cracking their licensing system.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2021

@William said:

@LeonDynamic said: But how can you be sure. The truth is you can’t as the software came from an untrusted source.

You can't trust original Cpanel either. It's also closed source. Might as well have a full root backdoor inside or be supply chain attacked.

Diff the files of a hacked with a normal and you can be fairly certain thats the only changes, and you can actually read them - most nulled software is not re-encrypted.

Disclosure: I was running a warez group for mostly PHP years ago, most scene rules for this area were written by me.

https://scenerules.org/t.html?id=2010_SCRIPTS.nfo

Can you shed some light on, why in the living fuck do they need to be RARed in a way like "abb acc add" so that the obviously same archive parts are named so, that they cannot be extracted without first extracting the individual files. And then finally theres the same naming scene with 001,002,003 etc, untill you then extract those again to finally get that setup.exe and crack folder.

Why make it so damn annoying to get the final files if theres no even .sfv checker included some times?

Some internal joke to make it more annoying for topsites and p2p? lol

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2021

@momkin said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Hello,

Why would you want them to stop it ?
    Cpanel is very busy increasing prices for bigger hosts, they don't care about banch of people cracking their licensing system.

Because, the illegal license users are offering less price & when they get f*** ed up, the whole industry gets f*** ed up.

• momkinmomkin Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

Because, the illegal license users are offering less price & when they get f*** ed up, the whole industry gets f*** ed up.

And you think Cpanel will listen to you ?
    They never will , all what they care about is receiving money and increasing costs every year they don't have the time to chase kids : :D

Thanked by 1DarkCarnage
  • sibapersibaper Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

so you're jealous of your competitor? Take your time and get some vacation to get better mental health.

Thanked by 1DarkCarnage
  • WilliamWilliam Member

@stefeman said: Can you shed some light on, why in the living fuck do they need to be RARed in a way like "abb acc add" so that the obviously same archive parts are named so, that they cannot be extracted without first extracting the individual files. And then finally theres the same naming scene with 001,002,003 etc, untill you then extract those again to finally get that setup.exe and crack folder.

The first RAR is for FXP between FTP servers (to use multiple connections), the ZIP stage is BBS tradition and for SFV checking.

• @William said:

@stefeman said: Can you shed some light on, why in the living fuck do they need to be RARed in a way like "abb acc add" so that the obviously same archive parts are named so, that they cannot be extracted without first extracting the individual files. And then finally theres the same naming scene with 001,002,003 etc, untill you then extract those again to finally get that setup.exe and crack folder.

The first RAR is for FXP between FTP servers (to use multiple connections), the ZIP stage is BBS tradition and for SFV checking.

Is the scene intentionally releasing content on topsites or is it some dude just always leaking it from the FTP? What will you do if the leaker is found, and has it ever been found though?

• LeviLevi Member

@stefeman said:

@William said:

Is the scene intentionally releasing content on topsites or is it some dude just always leaking it from the FTP? What will you do if the leaker is found, and has it ever been found though?

The scene doesn't care for the masses. All they care is competition. After initial share, there is always distributors who take care of latter spread of content. Scene it-self doesn't do that nor encourages it.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

@stefeman said: Is the scene intentionally releasing content on topsites or is it some dude just always leaking it from the FTP? What will you do if the leaker is found, and has it ever been found though?

Nobody cares anymore. Content appears minutes after pre on P2P/Usenet.

Many leakers are found and banned but its an anonymous world based on connections, with a need for traders ("Flashers") as the groups are releasing - not trading. We had better things to do than configure autotraders.

If you are interested - Welcome to the Scene has a REALLY good picture how it worked back then (2005-2012 around, when i was also around):

I put my hand in fire that pretty much anything seen there is exactly how it worked.

I did trading, later ran a large predb, then did nulled software and ultimately German cams/telesyncs (with a mini DV camcorder in Vienna, later also English as syncer in other group).

0 scenebans but also 0 connections left nowadays. I just faded out of it over time, work was more important.

Disclaimer: Statute of limitations expired on all of that.

I don't think often about it, in my life i don't see it as a very interesting part, but that might be just my view and i misjudge how exclusive it was at the time.

Thanked by 1stefeman
  • shaqun5shaqun5 Member
    edited June 2021

This is just an old topic but I was able to decrypt those lamers cpanel license hack methods, including cloudlinux, whmcs, litespeed, softaclous + 8 other software. They simply use proxychain with trial licenses of cpanel, the good news is that they are unable to edit the cpanel master license file, so it is very easy for cpanel developers to fix this issue with an update. They simply need to check the cpanel.lisc file and compre the server main ip with the ip in the cpanel.lisc file and there you got the fix, also they need to insert a simple another secret variable or data instead of relying on incoming connection to consider it as a license requested server IP which was proxied by the cpanel trial licensed vps. Because the cpanel.lisc file is a binary that cannot be reversed, this will solve the problem. The same method goes for those other software out there, few of them are different.

I have informed the cpanel about this and they should patch the problem soon, if they dont patch it, I will share the entire hacking method to public on 7 different important forums and then even a grandma at 75 years old can hack the cpanel licenses, then they will fix it when everyone start using cracked license, I will do it because they can still fix it, because there is no way to hack the license completely without proxychain and trial cpanel licenses and this can be prevented in 5 minutes by their development any time. Even they put a 1 account creation limit on trial licensed cpanel servers will fix the problem completely as well. Because those all cracked cpanel licenses are actually not cracked, they are just trial licenses of cpanel from another server.

Because I am paying for original cpanel license, simply everyone else has to pay for it. I am counting days before the entire hack method goes public if cpanel does not fix it soon.

Thanked by 1kaz050457
  • @shaqun5 said:
    Because I am paying for original cpanel license, simply everyone else has to pay for it. I am counting days before the entire hack method goes public if cpanel does not fix it soon.

Lol, they won't patch it, you think cPanel owes you something.

By making your patch public you'll just kill scammers who did use that trick.

Anyways, there are many ways to patch cPanel and you didn't invent that yourself.

You just stole someone's work so STFU and go away with your shitty and childish logic.

• @shaqun5 said:

https://cpanel.net/cpanel-security-bounty-program/

Thanked by 1shaqun5
  • @shaqun5 said:
    This is just an old topic but I was able to decrypt those lamers cpanel license hack methods, including cloudlinux, whmcs, litespeed, softaclous + 8 other software. They simply use proxychain with trial licenses of cpanel, the good news is that they are unable to edit the cpanel master license file, so it is very easy for cpanel developers to fix this issue with an update. They simply need to check the cpanel.lisc file and compre the server main ip with the ip in the cpanel.lisc file and there you got the fix, also they need to insert a simple another secret variable or data instead of relying on incoming connection to consider it as a license requested server IP which was proxied by the cpanel trial licensed vps. Because the cpanel.lisc file is a binary that cannot be reversed, this will solve the problem. The same method goes for those other software out there, few of them are different.

I have informed the cpanel about this and they should patch the problem soon, if they dont patch it, I will share the entire hacking method to public on 7 different important forums and then even a grandma at 75 years old can hack the cpanel licenses, then they will fix it when everyone start using cracked license, I will do it because they can still fix it, because there is no way to hack the license completely without proxychain and trial cpanel licenses and this can be prevented in 5 minutes by their development any time. Even they put a 1 account creation limit on trial licensed cpanel servers will fix the problem completely as well. Because those all cracked cpanel licenses are actually not cracked, they are just trial licenses of cpanel from another server.

you talk nonsense for more than 1 year..

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

Thanks for necroposting.

@kaz050457 said:

@shaqun5 said:

https://cpanel.net/cpanel-security-bounty-program/

Besides, cpanel is well aware about the issue, this whole thread is pointless.

• @didihermawan : Don't necropost -- read the rules

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.