Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best alternative for Hetzner SX Line storage servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the best alternative for Hetzner SX Line storage servers?

ahrtahrt Member

Looking for cheap storage servers. Would love to know which provider is the best bang for buck.

Comments

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

How many TB do you need and what is the usage purpose? Backups or hosting?

• xetsysxetsys Member

Gsuite+NVMe cache

• Rclone and a good storage provider like gsuite, dropbox or similar. Been running this for a very long time, and works great.

• codelockcodelock Member
    edited May 2021

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .
    Edit : unlimited gsuite

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2021

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

Long live google workspaces enterprise standard. Literally the same thing for 5€ more and even less limits.

• codelockcodelock Member
    edited May 2021

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

Long live google workspaces enterprise standard. Literally the same thing for 5€ more and even less limits.

Is it unlimited? I mean how can I buy ? I am interested can you share more details?

edited May 2021

@codelock said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

Is it unlimited? I mean how can I buy ? I am interested can you share more details?

Its not unlimited as the disk shows 1.1 Petabytes in Linux when mounted with FUSE/Rclone/MergerFS, but its still insane for the price lol.

• VJTVJT Member

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

How?
    My current organisation has that plan but I am not sure about pricing. On google apps page, the business plus plan is like $18/ month, so I am just curious.
    I can ditch my Office 365 plan then :D

• @VJT said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

How?
    My current organisation has that plan but I am not sure about pricing. On google apps page, the business plus plan is like $18/ month, so I am just curious.

Because dollar is worthless.

• kalipuskalipus Member

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

Its not unlimited as the disk shows 1.1 Petabytes in Linux when mounted with FUSE/Rclone/MergerFS, but its still insane for the price lol.

which does not mean that google LET you take all this space, but you can try, i am curious how fast your account will get shut down....

edited May 2021

@kalipus said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

which does not mean that google LET you take all this space, but you can try, i am curious how fast your account will get shut down....

There are multiple verified people on /r/datahoarders with over 700TB on google drive with such plan. Chungus from LET alone has 250TB+ used for plex.

With under 30TB right now, I guess Im quite safe for a long time lol. They will apply soft limits on you after 700TB but you can get around them by increasing the number of sub-accounts which increases the price.

• kalipuskalipus Member
    edited May 2021

@stefeman said:

@kalipus said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

There are multiple verified people on /r/datahoarders with over 700TB on google drive with such plan. Chungus from LET alone has 250TB+ used for plex.

With under 30TB right now, I guess Im quite safe for a long time lol. They will apply soft limits on you after 700TB but you can get around them by increasing the number of sub-accounts which increases the price.

is is crypted data?
    was also thinking about it, just had some .edu with only 200gb crypto data, which got wiped after some months, looked promising from beginning, us colleges and also was on my personal name, but google don't cared and just deleted.

if someone want try, get vpn and use turkey or mexico, currently on sale:

5,8€ - https://workspace.google.com/intl/tr/pricing.html
    8,65€ - https://workspace.google.com/intl/es-419_mx/pricing.html

• xetsysxetsys Member

@stefeman said:

@kalipus said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

Any reference on the 700TB limit? There is a daily upload limit of 750GB. Apart from that, its unlimited.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2021

It’s not a good idea to rely on storage not specifically purchased and allocated in plain language, unless you can lose it with no consequence.

Dollar to TB ratio I’m not sure the SX line has any direct competition.

• VJTVJT Member

@stefeman said:

@VJT said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

How?

This is the same plan which is around $20/month. The problem is, officially it includes 1 TB/user if < 5 users and 5TB/user if you have more than 5 users. This limit is not enforced heavily, so you can always go beyond the limit even with single user. (Reference - https://workspace.google.com/terms/user_features.html
    Look for "Google Workspace Enterprise Standard" )

The older G Suite Business included unlimited storage even with single user, which are no longer available.

• VJTVJT Member

@kalipus said:

@stefeman said:

@kalipus said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

is is crypted data?
    was also thinking about it, just had some .edu with only 200gb crypto data, which got wiped after some months, looked promising from beginning, us colleges and also was on my personal name, but google don't cared and just deleted.

I don't think that is good idea to save few bucks.
    From - https://support.google.com/a/answer/6175301?hl=en

Google monitors usage of Google Workspace services, and your Google Workspace services will be suspended if your business or users aren’t using the services from the country where discounted pricing is available.

edited May 2021

@kalipus said:

@stefeman said:

@kalipus said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

is is crypted data?

Yes, its crypted data in all those situations I mentioned above.

• @xetsys said:

@stefeman said:

@kalipus said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

Any reference on the 700TB limit? There is a daily upload limit of 750GB. Apart from that, its unlimited.

Linus tech tips video for example. And various other posts and discussions.

• @VJT said:

@stefeman said:

@VJT said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

How?

This is the same plan which is around $20/month. The problem is, officially it includes 1 TB/user if < 5 users and 5TB/user if you have more than 5 users. This limit is not enforced heavily, so you can always go beyond the limit even with single user. (Reference - https://workspace.google.com/terms/user_features.html
    Look for "Google Workspace Enterprise Standard" )

The older G Suite Business included unlimited storage even with single user, which are no longer available.

No. its directly the same as old gsuite business. You have unlimited with 5 users but not enforced so you can technically get it with one user.

• xetsysxetsys Member

@stefeman said:

@xetsys said:

@stefeman said:

@kalipus said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@stefeman said:

@codelock said:

@xetsys said:
    Gsuite+NVMe cache

Gsuite is dead now .

Linus tech tips video for example. And various other posts and discussions.

Please share a reference. May be you are confusing 750GB with 700TB

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

So what's the pricing for Google Workspaces Enterprise?

https://workspace.google.com/intl/en_us/pricing.html?ga_lang=en

"As much storage as you need" is what I'm looking for.

• VJTVJT Member

@raindog308 said:
    So what's the pricing for Google Workspaces Enterprise?

https://workspace.google.com/intl/en_us/pricing.html?ga_lang=en

"As much storage as you need" is what I'm looking for.

It is $20. Found this sheet shared on Reddit, which lists out all SKU's offered -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UNOdtbKLqD7r9-ddGwaJk0SgnVPPHDA_OV6pBlISgxY/htmlview