Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a list of LET icons - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

a list of LET icons

13»

Comments

• pierrepierre Member
    edited May 2021

@SWN_Michael said:
    IPv6 is practically free for me to implement, whereas getting additional carriers costs money. I'm totally bootstrapping the business with my own funds + money coming in from clients. Working on nicer hardware and other quite nice improvements, things take time, and I'm trying to do things in a sustainable manner.

I understand you're just starting out, but your pricing is a bit over the top. $6.50/GB (your pricing is very strange, so I'll just use your 1GB VPS as a reference) is a lot of money, compared to other services charging half (BuyVM), and having higher quality coming from their service. Even then, I believe AWS is in the area of that much, and well it's AWS. You also only offer 200-400mbps, which is nothing near what others offer.

You can get a 1GB Ryzen Slice with a Path protected IP for just about $6.50/m from Francisco. You also don't offer such Free Licenses, and the Fran touch on your services.

Thanked by 3webcraft William mike1s
  • @SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:
    "The boyz" club :D . Does any one knows why infamous @WSS gone from this forum?

he's busy chasing fart mothers

Who is pictured on the Avatar of @WSS?
    @thedp - Most helpful domain guy

• @Offshore_Solutions said:

@SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

I believe it was WSS himself or someone from the LET. I can't remember the story sadly. There was some story behind it.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@stefeman said:

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

I believe it was WSS himself or someone from the LET. I can't remember the story sadly. There was some story behind it.

It's a photo of @WSS in his more innocent younger days

• LeeLee Veteran

@SirFoxy said: @Lee - fucking annoying but he exists.

It's my only purpose on LET these days. I will take the mention as a win and that I have achieved another lockdown goal.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited May 2021

Can I get a memehost title? Just cause? Maybe?

@Francisco Jr would be a dream come true. I don’t have an older brother. But I do look up to him like one. Man is a fucking legend and a true inspiration.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited May 2021

Hey, fuck you.

Edit: Thanks, MS.

Thanked by 2TimboJones SirFoxy
  • @eol is definitely missing in that list.
    Hetzner please..

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • seriesnseriesn Member

@raindog308 said:
    Also:

• LEAdmin, the founder
    • Chief, the 2nd owner
    • jbiloh the renaissance owner

There are a ton of others over the years...LEB/LET was founded in 2008.

Tbh. Chief no. He has a special place. Just not in heaven.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

The MOST hated?!

• WilliamWilliam Member

@pierre said: and the Fran touch on your services.

BuyVM is just solid all around and offers the nice juicy extra features on top.

@jbiloh said: The MOST hated?!

ah i like you, smart business guy :)

@William said:

@pierre said: and the Fran touch on your services.

BuyVM is just solid all around and offers the nice juicy extra features on top.

@jbiloh said: The MOST hated?!

ah i like you, smart business guy :)

Thanks! I've been lucky. When you work with really sharp and driven people you get strong results.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@alexvolk said: @jar is that because of Redbull that was sent to you by delimiter when you were LET admin

I always loved how anyone thought that bought favor with me lol. I'ma need more than a pack of something I go through ever 3 days to buy me off. If anyone does want to buy favor with me, I'd like a beach house... :joy:

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 2021

I fondly remember the old days where mods gave me infraction points just for fun.

• mike1smike1s Member

@pierre said:

@SWN_Michael said:
    IPv6 is practically free for me to implement, whereas getting additional carriers costs money. I'm totally bootstrapping the business with my own funds + money coming in from clients. Working on nicer hardware and other quite nice improvements, things take time, and I'm trying to do things in a sustainable manner.

I understand you're just starting out, but your pricing is a bit over the top. $6.50/GB (your pricing is very strange, so I'll just use your 1GB VPS as a reference) is a lot of money, compared to other services charging half (BuyVM), and having higher quality coming from their service. Even then, I believe AWS is in the area of that much, and well it's AWS. You also only offer 200-400mbps, which is nothing near what others offer.

You can get a 1GB Ryzen Slice with a Path protected IP for just about $6.50/m from Francisco. You also don't offer such Free Licenses, and the Fran touch on your services.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into revising prices. I don't want to be the cheapest provider on the market, and there's others who are more expensive than I am. I'm also going to be increasing speeds on the services here soon, now that I have 10G to the internet. I offer a product with very high quality support, which my customers will testify to. I don't have the fastest hardware or premium carriers, but I firmly believe I provide better support than a fair bit of hosts here.

• pierrepierre Member

@SWN_Michael said:
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into revising prices. I don't want to be the cheapest provider on the market, and there's others who are more expensive than I am. I'm also going to be increasing speeds on the services here soon, now that I have 10G to the internet. I offer a product with very high quality support, which my customers will testify to. I don't have the fastest hardware or premium carriers, but I firmly believe I provide better support than a fair bit of hosts here.

Look, I can't argue with you, as I don't have a service from you. But I do know that you still don't offer routed IPv6, Higher-End DDoS Protection, and Ryzen or equivalent hardware.

I understand that support is an important part of a service, but if you have a stable and reliable service, people won't open a high amount of tickets.

Also a heads up, I see you have a Cogent uplink, try contacting them about IPv4 pricing. I got an email from them about it, and their pricing seems reasonable ($75/m for a /24 with no commit or contract). I was going to go with them but I do not have a direct link from them.

• mike1smike1s Member

@pierre said:

Look, I can't argue with you, as I don't have a service from you. But I do know that you still don't offer routed IPv6, Higher-End DDoS Protection, and Ryzen or equivalent hardware.

Working on those items. :smile:

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2021

@pierre said:
    if you have a stable and reliable service, people won't open a high amount of tickets.

I’m gonna go ahead and dispute that with “depends on your market segment.” I’ll include such hits as “the lower the price, the more the tickets.”

People will open tickets to ask questions that are answered at the top of your website flashing in neon colors. Some countries are more prone to ticketing than others, etc.

• pierrepierre Member

@jar said:
    People will open tickets to ask questions that are answered at the top of your website flashing in neon colors. Some countries are more prone to ticketing than others, etc.

Yes, but those tickets will take far less time to answer, than investigating an issue per client. I'm not trying to shit-talk him for charging a high price, but support shouldn't up-charge the service price. Support is a standard that should be offered with any sort of product or service free of charge (I understand he isn't charging for it, but he stated that he charges a higher price for a more "premium" support team).

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Indeed, the lower the price, the higher dose of entitlements users appear to have.

• GanonkGanonk Member

Hello, anyone everybody home?

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Forgot about @default the dude that would kill us all if he had a chance.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@skorupion said:
    Forgot about @default the dude that would kill us all if he had a chance.

What do we have to do to see more old timers around here?

@Nekki where are you hiding?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@FrankZ said:
    Since your list contains both the famous and infamous I'll add a few of both.

@MannDude - Famous icon
    @drmike - Sherlock Holmes reincarnated
    @netomx - The now silent Mod
    @uptime - Gone but not forgotten

Just have a LOT of work now :( I will have less work in a month, and then, rdy to idle more vps!

Thanked by 1FrankZ