Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super bad service at OneProvider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Super bad service at OneProvider

thanhlunbeothanhlunbeo Member
edited May 2021 in Reviews

I have ordered a 30$ dedicated server at OP on April 28, and it was delivered to me on May 3, but the time left show in server management is only 26 days left.
Super bad support!!!
And by the way, can anyone show me how to connect to the dedicated server when hostname can be changed whatever you like, and IP of the machine don't show anything but 6019?
Screencap: https://ibb.co/NVcvYbD
I don't have any assigned IPs, do I need to buy, because OP only sells 8 IPs at once.

Comments

• you should open a support ticket.

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited May 2021

@tolovall said:
    you should open a support ticket.

and wait ... and pray it is something simple to do, otherwise it will need to pass to the provider and you'll need to wait more ...

you get what you pay for ...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

open a ticket, they have a pool of hardware, if someone returns a server, it gets assigned to the next one who purchased one. Could be that you ended up with broken hardware too.

They don't check if the hardware is broken sadly, not even Hetzner, but at least Hetzner repairs stuff quick, at OneProvider you are basically fucked.

• zorkerzorker Member

You generally have to manually install an OS on these aswell after provisioning. You may not receive an IP until that is done.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Just in case people are not aware, posting a thread on LET does not automatically create a ticket with your provider.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

It's what, 4 days? At $30/month that's $4. You basically PMS'd and wrote an entire paragraph and probably wrote a ticket to them.

As a side note, use a computer. There should be an IP tab in the OneProvider dashboard.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • @tolovall said:
    you should open a support ticket.

@deank said:
    Just in case people are not aware, posting a thread on LET does not automatically create a ticket with your provider.

I have already opened a ticket and it's been 2 days, no answer.

@lentro said:
    It's what, 4 days? At $30/month that's $4. You basically PMS'd and wrote an entire paragraph and probably wrote a ticket to them.

As a side note, use a computer. There should be an IP tab in the OneProvider dashboard.

I have checked on computer, and there is no such thing as you said in the dashboard.

@zorker said:
    You generally have to manually install an OS on these aswell after provisioning. You may not receive an IP until that is done.

They have installed Ubuntu 16.04 already.

Thank you all guys, I think all I can do is just wait for support.

• @thanhlunbeo said: I don't have any assigned IPs, do I need to buy, because OP only sells 8 IPs at once.

I guess you also checked your mail? Sometime providers lack informations on their panel but you find all in the mail about server delivery.

OneProvider is not known to be a good reseller, unfortunately, while providers behind are not bad. It's minimal support and there is often tricky options that are not included.

Maybe you have an access to an IPMI URL?

edited May 2021

@thanhlunbeo

Here's how it looks for me on one of my servers:

EDIT: Can you try clicking on the manage server button? Not just view the overview.

• thanhlunbeothanhlunbeo Member
    edited May 2021

@lentro said:
    @thanhlunbeo

EDIT: Can you try clicking on the manage server button? Not just view the overview.

This is my manage panel
    http://convuytxcondzong.com/op.jpg

@thanhlunbeo said: This is my manage panel

Do you see how there is a keyboard button below the "Server Management - LAX ...." text?

Does clicking on that do anything?

• henixhenix Member
    edited May 2021

They adopted the new IPv9 technology from yoursunny.

Edit:

@thanhlunbeo said:

@lentro said:
    @thanhlunbeo

This is my manage panel

Isn't that the IP?
    https://ibb.co/30KXjrk

Thanked by 2lentro yoursunny
  • @henix said:
    They adopted the new IPv9 technology from yoursunny.

Edit:

@thanhlunbeo said:

@lentro said:
    @thanhlunbeo

This is my manage panel

Isn't that the IP?
    https://ibb.co/30KXjrk

I have just got it 30 mins ago, you can check my previous image on my first post to know why I am posting here

• @lentro said:

@thanhlunbeo said: This is my manage panel

Do you see how there is a keyboard button below the "Server Management - LAX ...." text?

Does clicking on that do anything?

It shows me a panel that I can request IPMI. And I am still waiting for permission.

• Thank you all guys, my problem has just been solved. Although I can't use much from dashboard, at least after all I have a IP and a working server.
    2 days writing support ticket < 2 hours posting on LET
    You're rockkkkkkkk

Nononono let’s not set a precedent. LET community members are hostile arrogant pricks so always try your provider first!

:lol:

Thanked by 1miroc
  • Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member

Who’s Rock?

• darbdarb Member
    edited May 2021

I sent them an email once asking about a server and they didn't bother to respond.

Lesson learned, never deal with the french when it comes to servers.

Thanked by 1MagicApple
  • @deank said:

Write python scraper and look for "the end is nigh", if found create a ticket.

Thanked by 1MagicApple
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@thanhlunbeo said:
    They have installed Ubuntu 16.04 already.

Ubuntu 16.04 has EOL'ed last week.
    Server dies in 3, 2, …