Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest Object Storage like BackBlaze - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest Object Storage like BackBlaze

2»

Comments

• Dude netdynamics24 is costly - https://www.dropbox.com/ Business account for 5TB charge $15 LOL!

• @mhmhmhmhmh said:

@adiirfan3004 said:
    arent you get free bandwidth in backblaze if you put it behind cloudflare cdn?

no, it is only for html. Not for video, audio, etc

This is wrong. All you have to do is use set up a cname on your cloudflare enabled zone and you can download whatever from the B2 bucket for free.

• hacktekhacktek Member
    edited June 2021

@Daniel15 said:

@adiirfan3004 said:

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@adiirfan3004 said:

since when it only allow html? last time i use backblaze and cloudflare, it's still allow video file

You can use Backblaze for video files, but you're not supposed to use Cloudflare for video files unless you use their paid streaming service (although they likely don't care unless you use a lot of bandwidth).

You're confusing regular cloudflare with magic transit for B2. Why would they care what you're pulling from the bucket? Cloudflare probably can't even see what you're pulling from the bucket...

Plus you can always wrap a B2 mount with an rclone crypt and upload encrypted the the bucket so even if CF could see what you have there they're not going to know that it's video since it's all gonna look like garbage.

• @hacktek said: This is wrong. All you have to do is use set up a cname on your cloudflare enabled zone and you can download whatever from the B2 bucket for free.

If I do this, then all the outdoing bandwidth are free? It is because Cloudflare will cache and serve through them?

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited June 2021

@hacktek said:

@Daniel15 said:

@adiirfan3004 said:

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@adiirfan3004 said:

since when it only allow html? last time i use backblaze and cloudflare, it's still allow video file

You can use Backblaze for video files, but you're not supposed to use Cloudflare for video files unless you use their paid streaming service (although they likely don't care unless you use a lot of bandwidth).

You're confusing regular cloudflare with magic transit for B2. Why would they care what you're pulling from the bucket? Cloudflare probably can't even see what you're pulling from the bucket...

Plus you can always wrap a B2 mount with an rclone crypt and upload encrypted the the bucket so even if CF could see what you have there they're not going to know that it's video since it's all gonna look like garbage.

Cloudflare does see everything. Workers or not. In or out. It is simply not allowed to pipe video files through their network if you are traditional customer. B2 does not change that.

Still, they are not kicking your door down if you're not straight pushing a PB out there:

• @0xbkt said: Cloudflare does see everything.

Even encrypted traffic? the rclone crypt trick (among other solutions for that) looks more like no, CF will don't see more than encrypted content.

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited June 2021

@o_be_one said:

@0xbkt said: Cloudflare does see everything.

Even encrypted traffic? the rclone crypt trick (among other solutions for that) looks more like no, CF will don't see more than encrypted content.

By everything, I meant the contents. It is not like the transport itself is encrypted between endpoints without Cloudflare being able to inspect it, i.e. Workers Fetch API. You can indeed make sure it looks garbage by encrypting, but that also trades off the simplicity of consuming plaintext content especially when you are delivering it to other people.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @stevewatson301 said:

@cyagon said: But these servers are not recommended for apps like Nextcloud, but what about minio?

I run minio on Nexusbytes' STOR-0.5T, but take care to not run too many uploads at once (on their lower plans at least).

The minio client makes multipart requests to send parts of the file at once, which are then recombined, which stresses out the disk and minio will return 429/500 errors.

Can you show me how the Minio looks when you login and what it does?

• Nice comparison table here that might help:

http://gaul.org/object-store-comparison/

I'm using B2, Scaleway's C14, and OVH's Cloud Archive and find them all great - and all with a nice price as well.

• HakimHakim Member

@mhmhmhmhmh said: Can you show me how the Minio looks when you login and what it does?

In terms of file management, you can upload, delete & download files. In bucket management, create, delete & policy settings option available.

• @Hakim said:

@mhmhmhmhmh said: Can you show me how the Minio looks when you login and what it does?

In terms of file management, you can upload, delete & download files. In bucket management, create, delete & policy settings option available.

I really appreciate your help, now I get the idea. It is more like BackBlaze. Until now i thought it is a more like media management.

• HakimHakim Member

@mhmhmhmhmh said:

@Hakim said:

I really appreciate your help, now I get the idea. It is more like BackBlaze. Until now i thought it is a more like media management.

The GUI has limited basic functionality. The primary feature here is s3 protocol and minio is very easy to setup.

• How do you feel Cloudflare BAN your web domain for life? Yes.. happen to me I not only disrupted then CF bandwidth with KeyCDN.com I also used their No Page Works system and they can see everything proved!
    As you know KEYCDN charges only for BW and I was using CF bw so like 1-5Tb of bw cost me know 25-30$ per month. Until they figure it out .. everything was encrypted but they can see the length of the use like 1h=1IP=1File and shit like that.

• @webontop said:
    How do you feel Cloudflare BAN your web domain for life? Yes.. happen to me I not only disrupted then CF bandwidth with KeyCDN.com I also used their No Page Works system and they can see everything proved!

What was the volume that triggered your ban?