Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From May 3rd to 12th your .eu is only at €12 for 10 years!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

From May 3rd to 12th your .eu is only at €12 for 10 years!

Comments

• PandoGulfPandoGulf Veteran
    edited May 2021

Thanks for sharing, that would be around 14 $ today.
    I think there a limitation on registration from outside the EU ?

As per their TOS

Address in one of European Union states or in European Economic Area required.

• alpharacks.eu
    is available for registration at the price of € 12.00 (10 yr).

Does anyone want this nice domain?

• debaserdebaser Member

Too bad this offer’s only valid on new domains. I just have my first name .eu and that’s all the .eh I need.

• pierrepierre Member

Do I need to have a domain with them, or can I just sign up and buy a .eu domain I want?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@pierre said:
    Do I need to have a domain with them, or can I just sign up and buy a .eu domain I want?

Doesn’t say so.

Guess you can just sign up and reg.

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

Trying to register a domain, payment taken then get an email saying "This operation has not been performed due to the following error message:
    E14-M1407 Data management policy violation - Data management policy violation"

Anyone know what this might be?

• @entrailz said:
    Anyone know what this might be?

Maybe some conflict with your settings . That's a general error with domains I had it years ago with a transfer.

• Can people outside of Europe get a .eu domain? A few TLDs do have a similar restriction, so was curious.

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited May 2021

Does netim charge an arm and a leg for the trustee service? can't see the final price without creating an account

Edit: nvm clicked the wrong link, the trustee service si 25 EUR/yr

• eu is a rotting and corrupt system. i hate the eu, but i love europe.

• dragonfskydragonfsky Member
    edited May 2021

It seems that only people in EU can get it

• ps20090ps20090 Member

There is Trustee service like will allow you to be able to get that domain if you are outside EU

https://www.netim.com/domain-name/trustee-service.html

But it costs like $30, so RIP

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Anyone aware whether they also renew the domain for the entire period with EURid? Then it'd make sense to register through them and immediately after transfer the domain elsewhere non French :-)

• JabJabJabJab Member

Same thing on domeny.tv, PL website, however only 3rd May - 7th May.
    (there is English version too)
    https://www.domeny.tv/en/domains/eu

Maybe someone has account there already :D

• vedranvedran Veteran

@RickBakkr said:
    Anyone aware whether they also renew the domain for the entire period with EURid? Then it'd make sense to register through them and immediately after transfer the domain elsewhere non French :-)

I just registered a few and EURid is showing the expire date in 2031 so yes, it's for the entire period right away

• ariq01ariq01 Member
    edited May 2021

Did somebody already claim this offer? did they ask verification thing like upload identity card to verify you are an european?

@ariq01 said:
    Did somebody already claim this offer? did they ask verification thing like upload identity card to verify you are an european?

I doubt they would.

But maybe someone else can confirm.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I like how the EU domains are not available to UK, but the EU companies still do charge VAT for UK residence.

• edited May 2021

@WebProject said:
    I like how the EU domains are not available to UK

Due to us no longer being part of the EU.

but the EU companies still do charge VAT for UK residence.

Due to the trade agreement made upon leaving the EU by our shite government. The companies are just following the law and collecting VAT when it says they should.

The cuntry (oops, typo, 'onest...) did it to itself. But hey at least the rich are doing fine off it, particularly tory donors and mates.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited May 2021

@WebProject said:
    I like how the EU domains are not available to UK, but the EU companies still do charge VAT for UK residence.

Ehm.

.eu = European Union. Pretty straight forward don't you think?

No matter on your opinion on the whole Brexit thing this dragged out a lot longer than it should of have hence all the half arsed laws and regulations.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@ariq01 said:

They didn't ask me for any kind of verification

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@serv_ee said: .eu = European Union. Pretty straight forward don't you think?

So VAT should be not applicable as UK is nothing to do EU!

@MeAtExampleDotCom said: Due to the trade agreement made upon leaving the EU by our shite government. The companies are just following the law and collecting VAT when it says they should.

I do get that, if we restricted to buy selected services - exactly as US customer so no VAT should be charged as UK or US nothing to do with EU! Unfortunately I do have opposite opinion about EU parliament and government and I do think we done right decision to come out from EU.

• xaocxaoc Member

@ariq01 said:

I'm outside EU, claimed their last similar offer and was forced to send ID(EU member country citizenship) and utility papers.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • Personally I feel the .eu extension is ugly

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

@flawsome said: Personally I feel the .eu extension is ugly

Are you even EU citizen/resident? Because i always hear this only from people that can't buy them.

.EU makes sense as a unity project.
    .SU also still exists, and .YU would also if Serbia had any interest in it - There is no reason why we can't have .EU

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

@William said:

@flawsome said: Personally I feel the .eu extension is ugly

Are you even EU citizen/resident? Because i always hear this only from people that can't buy them.

.EU makes sense as a unity project.

Not really tho.

I'll take .ee every day over .eu

@flawsome said:
    Personally I feel the .eu extension is ugly

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion(s) :)

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

Also note that .EU has another existence reason - In many countries domains are unobtainable, for example our .HR costs 100EUR per year

And if we can't have EU why does Catalonia have .CAT? And what about .AERO or .INT? Or.... .GOV, that solely the US controls?

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@WebProject said: So VAT should be not applicable as UK is nothing to do EU!

Except it's the UK government who asks non-UK companies to collect UK VAT for THEIR citizens, and - if following the agreement - is also paid to HMRC? It is not us who either wants this or benefits from this?

• WilliamWilliam Member

@RickBakkr said: Except it's the UK government who asks non-UK companies to collect UK VAT for THEIR citizens, and - if following the agreement - is also paid to HMRC? It is not us who either wants this or benefits from this?

Fuck the UK. Was my position always.

Thanked by 1skorupion