Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reseller Hosting service providers not offering an easy path for upgrade
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reseller Hosting service providers not offering an easy path for upgrade

Hi Folks,

I have reseller hosting with a few providers and seems like none of them offer an easy upgrade path for a better package. The only option seems to be to get your own VPS. Let me elaborate, the LET providers offer reseller hosting at a pretty low price but sometimes that means performance hiccups. I wouldn't mind paying 2-4 times more to be on a faster server that is less loaded so that my customers can use more than 100% CPU and RAM. All the providers I have reached out too simply have canned packages and want me to move to a VPS or a DEDI. I don't like that option because that creates a management headache for me (I don't want to me in the server management business) and the costs go up drastically for a just a little gain once you add immunify, cloudlinux, mailchannels, etc.

Does anyone know of a reseller host that can offer a package 2X or 3X CPU with 4-6GB RAM and of course not be on an overloaded server. I don't mind paying the extra, I don't even care for too many accounts or too much diskspace. Just need the woocommerce sites to run faster.

Thanks.

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

If you need that amount of resources then you definitely consider a vm or dedi instead

For the management part.. many companies do offer server management but that's not so cheap.

What's your budget?

Maybe someone able to help you out

• @mansoor said:
    Hi Folks,

I have reseller hosting with a few providers and seems like none of them offer an easy upgrade path for a better package. The only option seems to be to get your own VPS. Let me elaborate, the LET providers offer reseller hosting at a pretty low price but sometimes that means performance hiccups. I wouldn't mind paying 2-4 times more to be on a faster server that is less loaded so that my customers can use more than 100% CPU and RAM. All the providers I have reached out too simply have canned packages and want me to move to a VPS or a DEDI. I don't like that option because that creates a management headache for me (I don't want to me in the server management business) and the costs go up drastically for a just a little gain once you add immunify, cloudlinux, mailchannels, etc.

Does anyone know of a reseller host that can offer a package 2X or 3X CPU with 4-6GB RAM and of course not be on an overloaded server. I don't mind paying the extra, I don't even care for too many accounts or too much diskspace. Just need the woocommerce sites to run faster.

Thanks.

The problem here is, if someone is offering 4-6GB ram per end users and you sold your service to 10 people, that’s an easy 40-60GB sold. Most of your typical host nodes would have 32-64GB Ram unless someone is putting up beefy nodes.

Do you want to pay $100-150/month for selling 10 accounts?

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Hi @mansoor -- for what you're after, it's going to be tuff to find a provider that is open to this. As you have experienced, a push towards VM and or dedicated would be common with the level of resources required.
    It sounds as if management is a concern, at which point a deal could be structured to include this, but also it sounds like pricing is too a concern.

What price point are you after? Perhaps with this, members/providers here can help find you a new home.

• mansoormansoor Member
    edited April 2021

So I have a reseller with a provider here on LET and I pay $7 a month for 125GB. Everything about their service is great except that I need 2x the speed so the client sites work a little faster because we are finding that throughout the day there are times the server is slow. That is it, its not like my clients have a very high usage or anything.

For that little bit extra speed (honestly does not even have to be extra CPU, 1 CPU is fine, just want to be on a server that is not very heavily loaded) I am willing to pay double or even triple but they have no such option. The only options seems to be upgrade to a slice to dedi which makes the cost 10x and thats a huge jump in my cost being that I am small business and hosting sites that I make myself (we are not a public host).

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

Hello Mansoor,

We can accommodate your custom requirements for 4-6GB RAM & 2 x CPU at our Miami Reseller Hosting Location.
    Miami is Ryzen + NVMe powered, so higher performance per CPU core & faster disks.

An important point is what price point are you after?
    please PM if & we will get you the best possible resources for your requirements :)

• @dustinc said:
    Hi @mansoor -- for what you're after, it's going to be tuff to find a provider that is open to this. As you have experienced, a push towards VM and or dedicated would be common with the level of resources required.
    It sounds as if management is a concern, at which point a deal could be structured to include this, but also it sounds like pricing is too a concern.

What price point are you after? Perhaps with this, members/providers here can help find you a new home.

Hi Dustinc,

First off I just signed up for a reseller with your guys yesterday (Anthony is migrating one of my account over). Already got a Linux VM and Windows VM with you for almost four months now and I love the service.

To explain what I am after is something like what you already offer, the reseller package at $84/YEAR. I would be willing to pay 2x or even 3X the price for the same except to be on a server that is not overly loaded with neighbors who have way too many resold accounts and are constantly keeping the usage on the server high. My current providers has 32 CPU and the server load on average is a 27-28 so even a slight high usage from a neighbor throws the load over 32 and the websites start becoming slow.

Thanks.