Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Affordable 5 GBit/ps Port Speed with Unmetered/Unlimited Bandwidth in EU?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Affordable 5 GBit/ps Port Speed with Unmetered/Unlimited Bandwidth in EU?

Does anyone know any affordable dedicated/shared server with a 5 GBit/ps Port Speed with Unmetered/Unlimited Bandwidth? Even if it's a shared port of 10 GBit or lets you use the 5 GBit Port to the max potential it's fine.

In terms of budget/price, I just want a sum of different offers currently around to get an overview.

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Specify what do you need it for, cuz I smell port scanning.

• sgno1sgno1 Member

@skorupion said:

No idea what port scanning is, just need a fast port for an upcoming project that will be handling large amounts of traffic - specifically a website. I did some testing earlier and we hit our 1 GB/ps Cap which was causing throttling, and we were hitting at around 2.1 GBps. So I was hoping to pass through the network and load balance across my 3 servers (700mbit/ps x 3).

• Unmetered 5Gbps is roughly around 1,650TB of traffic per month. This would cost a LOT.
    Are you sure this is the amount of traffic that will go through? Or do you want like 1Gbps line (330TB/m) with the ability to spike to 10Gbps when needed?

• sgno1sgno1 Member

@NobodyInteresting said:
    Unmetered 5Gbps is roughly around 1,650TB of traffic per month. This would cost a LOT.
    Are you sure this is the amount of traffic that will go through? Or do you want like 1Gbps line (330TB/m) with the ability to spike to 10Gbps when needed?

Yes, that's perfect.
    The last idea sounds much more realistic, the ability to spike up to 10 GBps for short periods. I'm not consistently using 2.1 GB/ps, it drops quite quickly to below < 1 GB/ps, it's mostly on busier days that sometimes it spikes for a few minutes.

• edited April 2021

Reliable Site has a dedicated i5 server atm in NY.
    Server + 10Gbps port + 150TB BW = $60/m
    Their connectivity is pretty nice too

• sgno1sgno1 Member

@NobodyInteresting said:

NY is pretty far, however the price is pretty good though. Looking for something closer to my load balanced servers at the moment :( But I could consider it for sure

• @sgno1 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

NY is pretty far, however the price is pretty good though. Looking for something closer to my load balanced servers at the moment :( But I could consider it for sure

Ah, darn, sorry - didn't see the "EU" requirement

Ping @Clouvider - perhaps he can work something out in UK/NL

Thanked by 2sgno1 Clouvider
  • sgno1sgno1 Member

Already looked into Clouvider, seeing if there is anything else around before I make up my mind. Thanks for the suggestion though!

• @sgno1 said:

Already looked into Clouvider, seeing if there is anything else around before I make up my mind. Thanks for the suggestion though!

You can also see if @Zare has something available, they usually do good deals on higher bandwidth usage

Thanked by 1Zare
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Give us a shout if we can help! :-)

Thanked by 1sgno1
  • @sgno1 said: Already looked into Clouvider, seeing if there is anything else around before I make up my mind. Thanks for the suggestion though!

If you need a dedicated 10 Gb/s port with unlimited bandwidth, you don't have much options, the prices will probably be similar.

• sgno1sgno1 Member

I wouldn't mind a shared 10 Gb/s Port, or even a shared 5 GB/s port, I will definitely not be hitting 5 GB/s at all. At the most, it will be 2.5 GB/s for a few minutes before it goes down.

• LeviLevi Member

Dedicated and unmetered pipe would cost 1000€ per gbit.

Thanked by 1sgno1

@sgno1 said:

@skorupion said:

No idea what port scanning is, just need a fast port for an upcoming project that will be handling large amounts of traffic - specifically a website. I did some testing earlier and we hit our 1 GB/ps Cap which was causing throttling, and we were hitting at around 2.1 GBps. So I was hoping to pass through the network and load balance across my 3 servers (700mbit/ps x 3).

Oki so what you will need is a unlimited (not unmetered) 3 Gbps port for start with the possibility to expand to more.
    I asked skynode.eu and they said for:
    Ryzen 7 3700x
    64 GB RAM
    2 x 1 TB NVMe
    3 Gbps
    the cost will be 350+170+30 pln per month (about 150 USD per month)
    and for every additional Gbps the cost will be per 1 Gbit 15 USD per month

• sgno1sgno1 Member

@skorupion said:

@sgno1 said:

@skorupion said:

Oki so what you will need is a unlimited (not unmetered) 3 Gbps port for start with the possibility to expand to more.
    I asked skynode.eu and they said for:
    Ryzen 7 3700x
    64 GB RAM
    2 x 1 TB NVMe
    3 Gbps
    the cost will be 350+170+30 pln per month (about 150 USD per month)
    and for every additional Gbps the cost will be per 1 Gbit 15 USD per month

Don't see anything listed on their site, is this a custom quote? Since 1 Gbps is their standard, so +15$ for 2 more = $30?

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

We can do you a deal - email me: [email protected] and ill sort you something.

• @sgno1 said:
    Does anyone know any affordable dedicated/shared server with a 5 GBit/ps Port Speed with Unmetered/Unlimited Bandwidth? Even if it's a shared port of 10 GBit or lets you use the 5 GBit Port to the max potential it's fine.

In terms of budget/price, I just want a sum of different offers currently around to get an overview.

What type of specs are you after in terms of CPU, memory, disk etc?

edited April 2021

@sgno1 said: Don't see anything listed on their site, is this a custom quote? Since 1 Gbps is their standard, so +15$ for 2 more = $30?

I just asked them for a quick quote the prices are a little bit higher than what you will really pay but maybe by a 3 % margin so you can easily get this. And yes 2 more Gbps will equal 30 bucks

• sgno1sgno1 Member
    edited April 2021

@seriesn said:

@sgno1 said:

I don't need CPU Power or any other factor. It could even be a terrible server with a really good port. I just need it for the port speed honestly, with unlimited bandwidth. I'll let my other servers handle the processing power.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@sgno1 said:

@seriesn said:

@sgno1 said:

I don't need CPU Power or any other factor. It could even be a terrible server with a really good port. I just need it for the port speed honestly, with unlimited bandwidth. I'll let my other servers handle the processing power.

Why do you want to deliberately introduce a single point of failure into your app?
    You can have DNS round-robin or CDN (e.g. Cloudflare Workers) to distribute workload to the three servers.

• sgno1sgno1 Member
    edited April 2021

@yoursunny said:

@sgno1 said:

@seriesn said:

@sgno1 said:

Why do you want to deliberately introduce a single point of failure into your app?
    You can have DNS round-robin or CDN (e.g. Cloudflare Workers) to distribute workload to the three servers.

Already using a similar technique to round-robin, but the issue is that my friend wants to be able to add proxy server onto his 3 servers. Getting them individually is too costly, so he wanted a bigger proxy I guess with a larger port. He's using a reverse proxy for better security & also uses it as the brain to handle the round-robin alternative technique. So the server doesn't need to be that powerful at all, just need it for the port speeds and unlimited bw.

• sgno1sgno1 Member

Also could consider a US Server if no EU Servers are available.