Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quadranet: Getting 500KB/s to 8MB/s speed on 1000 Mbps port
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quadranet: Getting 500KB/s to 8MB/s speed on 1000 Mbps port

tkd_masumtkd_masum Member
edited April 2021 in General

I bought a server a few days ago from Quadranet. I am getting 500KB/s to 8MB/s speed on a 1000 Mbps port. Tested with multiple locations. Also tested from their other DC. They are also checking and getting the same speed.

Is the speed is acceptable?

Comments

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Where is your server located? If you can please take a YABS.

• donkodonko Member

hell no, is slow af

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Looks legit but let’s round it out. Run a bench.sh and get a few more tests. If nothing on a bench.sh test spikes anything higher then you may be looking at a local issue (OS, hardware, local network in the rack). If several boost 600-800 megabit then I’d say you just have poor connectivity to the end points you’re testing.

• @NDTN said:

YABS Test is okay.

Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • LeviLevi Member

Your support request successfully registered. We will answer it as soon as possible. Thank you and have a wonderfull day!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2021

@tkd_masum said:

@NDTN said:

YABS Test is okay.

This looks acceptable, and the low numbers would suggest first that the bottleneck is possibly on the other end, given how much they drop (I’m talking about Florida).

I’d focus on the routes to places you’re getting poor performance to and run that by support if you can confirm those end points are sane, capable, and functioning appropriately.

• @jar said:

@tkd_masum said:

@NDTN said:

YABS Test is okay.

This looks acceptable, and the low numbers would suggest first that the bottleneck is possibly on the other end, given how much they drop (I’m talking about Florida).

I’d focus on the routes to places you’re getting poor performance to and run that by support if you can confirm those end points are sane, capable, and functioning appropriately.

Okay, Thank you.

• tkd_masumtkd_masum Member
    edited April 2021

The speed with Buffalo Location.

They are not giving any solution, they suggest me to buy a new server.

• @tkd_masum said: They are not giving any solution, they suggest me to buy a new server.

• @tkd_masum said:

@tkd_masum said: They are not giving any solution, they suggest me to buy a new server.

Did you...just quote yourself and post the same information as the quoted one? 🤣

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@John_M Would you mind have a look over here ??

Thanked by 1tkd_masum
  • @tkd_masum said: I am getting 500KB/s to 8MB/s speed on a 1000 Mbps port. Tested with multiple locations.

Please share the outcome of the following command:

curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -fg

Thanked by 1lentro
  • @seriesn said:

@tkd_masum said: I am getting 500KB/s to 8MB/s speed on a 1000 Mbps port. Tested with multiple locations.

Already posted.

• @tkd_masum said:

@seriesn said:

@tkd_masum said: I am getting 500KB/s to 8MB/s speed on a 1000 Mbps port. Tested with multiple locations.

Already posted.

Wanted to see if anything changed in between the hours to isolate if this is an issue during peak or off-peak hours.

• @seriesn said:

@tkd_masum said:

@seriesn said:

Already posted.

Wanted to see if anything changed in between the hours to isolate if this is an issue during peak or off-peak hours.

Check the speed outside LA

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep
    Thanked by 1tkd_masum
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

10mb/s (1MB/s) is very very low in terms of real life speed right now in the world. They should try to find out the exact cause.

Thanked by 1tkd_masum
  • @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    10mb/s (1MB/s) is very very low in terms of real life speed right now in the world. They should try to find out the exact cause.

Incremental Backup in Buffalo Location

Job Status: Completed Total Succeed: 147 Total Failed: 0 Total Partially completed: 0 Total Skipped: 0 Total Runtime: 11 Hours and 21 Minutes