Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


42.0% Off on all our product lines (Promo code 420) Happy 420 to you all. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

42.0% Off on all our product lines (Promo code 420) Happy 420 to you all.

2»

Comments

  • @dnelw said:
    @Hosterlabs Just purchased a VPS and is doing well so far! I was wondering what AUP is like? If I have 4 cores, can I use a single core at 100%?
    Thanks!

    Normally i would say just don’t blast it to hard and try to be nice to your neighbors.

    I’d quote the terms of service stating no higher use than 75% during 6 concurrent hours in a day and I think some 20 hours
    In a week.

    This all will be revised.

  • HakimHakim Member

    Is it possible to install Linux too on Windows VPS later if I want? @Hosterlabs

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    @Hosterlabs said:
    Why do you Always find the loopholes . Why?

    Coders are trained to recognize edge cases and boundary conditions, so that we can design robust algorithms that work in every case.
    Failure to identify a corner case results in software bugs.

    Last time, I ordered -1 beer from the bar.
    The bartender poured 65535 beers, and gave me £5 in cash.

    I will have to add a lot of fine print on the cupons in the future. You recived a nice discount there.

    😂

    Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @Hosterlabs my windows server isn't showing online. Tried loads of things but stuck in offline mode.

    Have ticketed it and just wondered how long I should it?

  • HosterlabsHosterlabs Member
    edited April 2021

    @hgooch1984 said:
    @Hosterlabs my windows server isn't showing online. Tried loads of things but stuck in offline mode.

    Have ticketed it and just wondered how long I should it?

    We have a lot of orders/ billing requests right now . Please give us 24 hours to activate/check any service issues.

    Any ticket will be answered within 24 hours and every activation issue will be solved as soon as we can. Sorry for the delays.

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @Hosterlabs said:

    @hgooch1984 said:
    @Hosterlabs my windows server isn't showing online. Tried loads of things but stuck in offline mode.

    Have ticketed it and just wondered how long I should it?

    We have a lot of orders/ billing requests right now . Please give us 24 hours to activate/check any service issues.

    Any ticket will be answered within 24 hours and every activation issue will be solved as soon as we can. Sorry for the delays.

    That's fine

    Thanks for the reply

    I look forward to the reply 👍👍

  • @Hosterlabs any update please? its been 18 hours since i ticketed. and i cannot even log into the client area now. Both of the machines i bought arent working.

  • @hgooch1984 said:
    @Hosterlabs any update please? its been 18 hours since i ticketed. and i cannot even log into the client area now. Both of the machines i bought arent working.

    Same problem

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    @hgooch1984 said:
    @Hosterlabs any update please? its been 18 hours since i ticketed. and i cannot even log into the client area now. Both of the machines i bought arent working.

    Be patient and do some push-ups.
    Your server will be delivered after you finish 420 push-ups.

    I'm waiting for my $456 machine.
    If it's delivered within 420 hours, they'll definitely earn my Top Provider vote of 2021.

    Thanked by 1panthera666
  • @yoursunny said:

    @hgooch1984 said:
    @Hosterlabs any update please? its been 18 hours since i ticketed. and i cannot even log into the client area now. Both of the machines i bought arent working.

    Be patient and do some push-ups.
    Your server will be delivered after you finish 420 push-ups.

    I'm waiting for my $456 machine.
    If it's delivered within 420 hours, they'll definitely earn my Top Provider vote of 2021.

    Easy for you to say this stuff. I dunno why you are talking about push ups that's got nothing to do with my server. And making comments to someone like myself whose wheelchair bound just makes me feel worse so thanks for that

    Of course your gonna be patient when you find the loophole so trying to get stuff for little or no cost.

    No offence but before making comments about push ups etc maybe check or consider people who are disabled and/or wheelchair bound.

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    @hgooch1984 said:
    No offence but before making comments about push ups etc maybe check or consider people who are disabled and/or wheelchair bound.

    I apologize for not knowing your background.
    In this case, you can do finger raises instead.

    Either way, they don't have automatic delivery, so you should expect to wait 3 days for manual activation.
    Doing push-ups finger raises helps relieve the stress and anxiety.


    Of course your gonna be patient when you find the loophole so trying to get stuff for little or no cost.

    I didn't find any loophole.
    I simply went for the highest spec permitted by the coupon code.

  • @yoursunny said:

    @hgooch1984 said:
    No offence but before making comments about push ups etc maybe check or consider people who are disabled and/or wheelchair bound.

    I apologize for not knowing your background.
    In this case, you can do finger raises instead.

    Either way, they don't have automatic delivery, so you should expect to wait 3 days for manual activation.
    Doing push-ups finger raises helps relieve the stress and anxiety.


    Of course your gonna be patient when you find the loophole so trying to get stuff for little or no cost.

    I didn't find any loophole.
    I simply went for the highest spec permitted by the coupon code.

    My server was "delivered" last night but wouldn't come from offline to online status.

    This afternoon it then disappeared off my list.

    It's a windows KVM and I ordered 2 but neither of them are coming across.

    It's frustrating because I cannot get into their site or get a reply here.

    I have a project I need to start working on but cannot until it's all sorted.

  • _MS__MS_ Member
    edited April 2021

    @yoursunny said: I simply went for the highest spec permitted by the coupon code.

    I could get the $756.00/Year plan (customized resources) for $6.90 but decided not to complete the order. Yes, the coupon applied successfully. I think I saved at least one party from financial loss :)

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    MS said:

    @yoursunny said: I simply went for the highest spec permitted by the coupon code.

    I could get the $756.00/Year plan (customized resources) for $6.90 but decided not to complete the order. Yes, the coupon applied successfully. I think I saved at least one party from financial loss :)

    Those "customized resources" are almost always overpriced.
    My order is listed as $456/year but the actual value (comparable to EntryBytes Entry-8G or Entry-10G plan) is about $120-150/year.

    I'm not a scalper.
    I use these servers to experiment with network protocols and then write tutorials.

  • _MS__MS_ Member

    @yoursunny said:
    Those "customized resources" are almost always overpriced.
    My order is listed as $456/year but the actual value (comparable to EntryBytes Entry-8G or Entry-10G plan) is about $120-150/year.

    Agree. We'll see different pricing at different providers for similar resources. Resources aren't the only thing deciding the price.

    I'm not a scalper.
    I use these servers to experiment with network protocols and then write tutorials.

    No, no. Not accusing you of anything. I was just pointing out that the code was applicable to not only (all?) fixed plans but also customized one with maximum possible resource limits.

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    MS said:

    @yoursunny said:
    I'm not a scalper.
    I use these servers to experiment with network protocols and then write tutorials.

    No, no. Not accusing you of anything.

    😜

    I was just pointing out that the code was applicable to not only (all?) fixed plans but also customized one with maximum possible resource limits.

    Yes, I figured out quickly and that's why it shows $456/year.
    The offer rule excludes Enterprise and ProPlus plans, excludes extra IPv4, but does not exclude extra CPU/RAM/disk.
    I suppose starting with a lower plan and then upgrading to the same spec would result in an even higher list price, such as the $756.

  • just would be nice if they popped in to update customers especially as cannot get into their client area at the moment.

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @hgooch1984 said:
    just would be nice if they popped in to update customers especially as cannot get into their client area at the moment.

    Update: Website got overloaded with lot's of backups.

    It takes some time to provision orders as we received more than what we expected. We need to move IP's from some servers and do some tricks so we can provision them all.

    I understand some servers are not working and they were removed from the corresponding accounts temporarily because they were not provisioned properly.

    If you see the terms of the offers, any order if we do not have stock, we might not be able to deliver it and rather refund it.

    **Depends on stock availability

    Keep in mind we are able to refuse any order that "abused" or used loopholes on the orders, because the intention was no additional CPU/RAM. Also on our terms of service we state:

    "We make no effort to review any Social Network Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality, or non-infringement, and we are not responsible for any Social Network Content."

    Needless to say, although we are protected by our own terms of service, we chose with good faith to provision all the services purchased through any loopholes. As most as we possibly can because our stock is limited.

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • hgooch1984hgooch1984 Member
    edited April 2021

    @Hosterlabs said:

    @hgooch1984 said:
    just would be nice if they popped in to update customers especially as cannot get into their client area at the moment.

    Update: Website got overloaded with lot's of backups.

    It takes some time to provision orders as we received more than what we expected. We need to move IP's from some servers and do some tricks so we can provision them all.

    I understand some servers are not working and they were removed from the corresponding accounts temporarily because they were not provisioned properly.

    If you see the terms of the offers, any order if we do not have stock, we might not be able to deliver it and rather refund it.

    **Depends on stock availability

    Keep in mind we are able to refuse any order that "abused" or used loopholes on the orders, because the intention was no additional CPU/RAM. Also on our terms of service we state:

    "We make no effort to review any Social Network Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality, or non-infringement, and we are not responsible for any Social Network Content."

    Needless to say, although we are protected by our own terms of service, we chose with good faith to provision all the services purchased through any loopholes. As most as we possibly can because our stock is limited.

    No worries. Both of my windows have been removed. I didn't abuse the use of loopholes. I just used the 420 code on a standard Windows VPS didn't add anything extra to either of my orders.

    Sorry for jumping the gun but have been waiting patiently as long as I can as last night you said 24 hours and to see my both of my machines suddenly disappear I just needed to know what was going on.

    Can I ask what the ETA is on getting the windows servers back in action please so I know when to expect thanks @Hosterlabs

  • @hgooch1984 said:
    Can I ask what the ETA is on getting the windows servers back in action please so I know when to expect thanks @Hosterlabs

    Yours should be up and running I think.

    By the way I really want to thank everyone that takes the time to read our KB articles and help us out diagnosing the issues. Some VPS's just get provisioned wrong by mistake and the replies you provide are really helpful and cut support times by a lot. That is why we enjoy posting offers here :)

    And the offers were not necessarily financially viable, they were just for you all to have a good time and enjoy some "giveaways". We like to give back to the communities that support us.

    Best Regards!

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • hgooch1984hgooch1984 Member
    edited April 2021

    @Hosterlabs said:

    @hgooch1984 said:
    Can I ask what the ETA is on getting the windows servers back in action please so I know when to expect thanks @Hosterlabs

    Yours should be up and running I think.

    By the way I really want to thank everyone that takes the time to read our KB articles and help us out diagnosing the issues. Some VPS's just get provisioned wrong by mistake and the replies you provide are really helpful and cut support times by a lot. That is why we enjoy posting offers here :)

    And the offers were not necessarily financially viable, they were just for you all to have a good time and enjoy some "giveaways". We like to give back to the communities that support us.

    Best Regards!

    No neither of mine are working. I have logged in now to check but but show as no virtual server found @Hosterlabs

    Also doesn't show in control panel section either

    Edit just had email with new details for one of the servers.

    Just waiting on the second thanks @Hosterlabs

  • Please send me a PM with your e-mail to check that.

  • @Hosterlabs said:
    Please send me a PM with your e-mail to check that.

    Have messaged you 👍👍

  • @Hosterlabs I have replied back via the ticket.

    Any chance you could pick it up when you have a chance

    Ticket is iucf41

    Thanks

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    @Hosterlabs said:
    Why do you Always find the loopholes . Why?

    I thought we were friends...


    @hgooch1984 said:

    @yoursunny said:
    Really? Are you sure?

    That's a deal there. Seems all the codes have been used.

    Sadly, out of stock.


    @yoursunny said:

    @jmgcaguicla said:
    Used one of the easter egg coupons, the IPv6 Power is pretty good value

    I said I don't need this, but it kept coming up in my dreams, and I finally caved (or is it mis-clicked).

    The specs couldn't get better:

    • 3 cores, AUP allows 75% usage, so it's 2 unlimited cores
    • 4GB RAM
    • $17.40/year

    Moreover, there's unlimited network transfer on IPv6.
    For IPv4, I'll tunnel to @Cam Canada location, which has <1ms RTT.

    YABS here: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/63186/#Comment_63186
    Somehow it has 5.8GB RAM instead of 4GB.

    Network interface MTU is only 1400.
    With IPIP6 tunnel, it's only 1342.
    Also, Gullo Canada doesn't have IPIP6 kernel modules, so I have to use another server farther away.

Sign In or Register to comment.