Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RACKNERD IS RAPIDLY GROWING! AMD Ryzen VPS NOW AVAILABLE IN Seattle! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RACKNERD IS RAPIDLY GROWING! AMD Ryzen VPS NOW AVAILABLE IN Seattle!

124»

Comments

• Guys any chance you can stop quoting each other? I'm getting notifications everytime each of you reply all becuase @dustinc replied to me in part of your discussion I got no way of turning off the notifications have I?

• edited April 2021

@hgooch1984 said:
    Guys any chance you can stop quoting each other? I'm getting notifications everytime each of you reply all becuase @dustinc replied to me in part of your discussion I got no way of turning off the notifications have I?

Sorry, took you off the thread quote :-)
    P.S. sorry for the extra quote too haha

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dustinc said:

Hi @NobodyInteresting -- I'm sorry that I've confused you.

As I mentioned before, we have a mix - whether this batch is rented/owned, really doesn't matter. If I said it was owned, or if I said it was rented, it doesn't matter I believe? I've mentioned we have a mix, and most of it is rented.

Well actually it does matter. Quite a bit tbh.

If they are rented - then you are waiting on ColoCrossing to replenish their supplies. So its more of a "we are waiting on more dedicated servers to be stocked by CC, so we can rent them out".

If you own it - then you are only using CC for their IP space and colocation. This is when you can run into the issue of your hardware being stalled due to customs. Which is completely fine, and it happens, specially in these pandemic days.

The two, however, are very different. Specially when we consider the pricing of your services. You can somewhat afford to have a metric shit ton of customers that pay the prices that they do on colo`ed hardware.

But when you rent the hardware - this is a huge big red flag. Because:
    a) You need to cram a LOT of customers to break even;
    b) You sell at a loss, cause you cool like that, and want to support the community?;
    c) You sell a lot of 1/2/3 year offers, and then an year or two later- you hit the sack and close shop, with everyone that has already paid for their services sucking on their thumb. Specially considering your background with AlphaRacks and the whole fiasco last year - this would be indeed very worrying.

You are making it sound like you own the hardware that is on its way there, but now you sound like its rented by CC. So... Which one is it?

Hi @NobodyInteresting -- appreciate your reply! I can understand your concerns and scenarios.

It is a mix as previously stated.

• Thanks guys 👍👍

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @dustinc said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dustinc said:

As I mentioned before, we have a mix - whether this batch is rented/owned, really doesn't matter. If I said it was owned, or if I said it was rented, it doesn't matter I believe? I've mentioned we have a mix, and most of it is rented.

If they are rented - then you are waiting on ColoCrossing to replenish their supplies. So its more of a "we are waiting on more dedicated servers to be stocked by CC, so we can rent them out".

If you own it - then you are only using CC for their IP space and colocation. This is when you can run into the issue of your hardware being stalled due to customs. Which is completely fine, and it happens, specially in these pandemic days.

The two, however, are very different. Specially when we consider the pricing of your services. You can somewhat afford to have a metric shit ton of customers that pay the prices that they do on colo`ed hardware.

b) You sell at a loss, cause you cool like that, and want to support the community?;
    c) You sell a lot of 1/2/3 year offers, and then an year or two later- you hit the sack and close shop, with everyone that has already paid for their services sucking on their thumb. Specially considering your background with AlphaRacks and the whole fiasco last year - this would be indeed very worrying.

You are making it sound like you own the hardware that is on its way there, but now you sound like its rented by CC. So... Which one is it?

Hi @NobodyInteresting -- appreciate your reply! I can understand your concerns and scenarios.

Yeah, unfortunately that would make very little sense.

So my takeout from this conversation is that you are indeed only renting your servers, and on your way to a) and c) scenarios I already mentioned. You did absolutely nothing to make me think otherwise.

Why I think so, you`d ask? Because if you owned the hardware - you would have straight up said that you do, the many times that I (and others) have asked. Instead - you are doing your very best to avoid this question.

If you did indeed do a "mix" of both - then the location would have been open for business by now, cause you know...you are also RENTING the servers that are already there (hence the "mix"), and not just waiting on your hardware.

Considering your past on this forum and on LEB with Alpharacks - being upfront with customers should be your top priority. When a potential or current customer asks you a question - don't beat around the bush and avoid it, and fill your replies with useless fluff ( like "I'm happy", "We are waiting", "We are focused on"). This only adds up more shade to your shadiness.

I asked you a straight up question, and you filled a whole LET page with useless and unrelated answers, out of which about 2 lines have something to do with my question, but again - without a clear answer in sight.

But you do you. I will just move aside, grab a bag of popcorn, and get the microwave ready for around October/November, when this will likely go the AlphaRacks way.

I was going to quote @deank here for closing statement, but I will let him do the honors.

Thanked by 2yoursunny ivysaur

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dustinc said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dustinc said:

Yeah, unfortunately that would make very little sense.

So my takeout from this conversation is that you are indeed only renting your servers, and on your way to a) and c) scenarios I already mentioned. You did absolutely nothing to make me think otherwise.

Why I think so, you`d ask? Because if you owned the hardware - you would have straight up said that you do, the many times that I (and others) have asked. Instead - you are doing your very best to avoid this question.

If you did indeed do a "mix" of both - then the location would have been open for business by now, cause you know...you are also RENTING the servers that are already there (hence the "mix"), and not just waiting on your hardware.

Considering your past on this forum and on LEB with Alpharacks - being upfront with customers should be your top priority. When a potential or current customer asks you a question - don't beat around the bush and avoid it, and fill your replies with useless fluff ( like "I'm happy", "We are waiting", "We are focused on"). This only adds up more shade to your shadiness.

I asked you a straight up question, and you filled a whole LET page with useless and unrelated answers, out of which about 2 lines have something to do with my question, but again - without a clear answer in sight.

But you do you. I will just move aside, grab a bag of popcorn, and get the microwave ready for around October/November, when this will likely go the AlphaRacks way.

I was going to quote @deank here for closing statement, but I will let him do the honors.

Hi @NobodyInteresting - I can respect your point of view. Appreciate you commenting. Sorry I was unable to provide answers to your liking.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@NobodyInteresting said:

Not worth it.

Ryzen is now sold out in New York. Dallas Ryzen inventory has been added and can now be found within the order forms :)

https://blog.racknerd.com/racknerd-iaas-provider-introduces-amd-ryzen-vps-in-dallas/

AMD Ryzen in Chicago is also now sold out.

• PilotseyePilotseye Member
    edited April 2021

Oh, is it over already? I was just about to get the popcorn heated and the drinks cooled.
    Really appreciate your honesty @dustinc like this obviously very unsatisfied person said, you could have answered in a two-liner, but instead you are honest and transparent as always :heart: Keep up the good work :smile:

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Congratulations!! RACKNERD has a Chinese name 拉克纳德 by Google translate.

@appcomq said:
    Congratulations!! RACKNERD has a Chinese name 拉克纳德 by Google translate.

:#

• Maybe you want to try other RackNerd VPS specifications:

cheapvps.my.id/racknerd

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@ghanwar said:
    Maybe you want to try other RackNerd VPS specifications:

cheapvps.my.id/racknerd

Don't spam

No congrats on your first post

Thanked by 2Ganonk ghanwar
  • @dustinc
    Will you have some speacial sale for dc-05 in the next few month? ;)

• WOW! I Love RackNerd!

Looking forward to AMD Ryzen in San Jose!

• No matter what the past has been for dustinc, I hope racknerd stays and pushes thru with the same energy.

Thanked by 2Pilotseye dustinc
  • @godslayer said:
    No matter what the past has been for dustinc, I hope racknerd stays and pushes thru with the same energy.

Second that.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @angstrom said:

@ghanwar said:
    Maybe you want to try other RackNerd VPS specifications:

cheapvps.my.id/racknerd

Don't spam

No congrats on your first post

Oke. Terima kasih

• @dustinc said: as well as expanding our Ryzen KVM product line globally

my buyshared, myw, and nexus byte, all went to ryzen for shared/reseller plans from old e3/e5. Hope racknerd also jumps the AMD ship soon thereby boosting performance. Those 8 cpus are already hitting 100% now-a-days due to customers jumping on the ship. We need a 'Queen Mary 2' an upgrade from 'Titanic'.

@bbplayer said:
    @dustinc
    Will you have some speacial sale for dc-05 in the next few month? ;)

Hi @bbplayer -- while we currently do not have any planned promotions for DC-05 - we can always customize a solution that fits your resource requirements, and perhaps budget :) Just reach out [email protected]

@zakuwaki said:
    WOW! I Love RackNerd!

Looking forward to AMD Ryzen in San Jose!

Thank You for supporting RackNerd. We appreciate it.

AMD Ryzen in San Jose - we'll certainly do it :)

@JasonM said:

@dustinc said: as well as expanding our Ryzen KVM product line globally

my buyshared, myw, and nexus byte, all went to ryzen for shared/reseller plans from old e3/e5. Hope racknerd also jumps the AMD ship soon thereby boosting performance. Those 8 cpus are already hitting 100% now-a-days due to customers jumping on the ship. We need a 'Queen Mary 2' an upgrade from 'Titanic'.

Hello @JasonM — thank you for the feedback. I'll do some more research and speak with my team, but last time we checked, AMD Ryzen was not yet fully compatible with CloudLinux and cPanel (it's possible this could of changed by now). Currently, we utilize the Intel Xeon E3 platform for our shared & reseller hosting nodes. This is done to leverage the high clockspeeds and single threaded performance the Xeon E3 series has to offer. This also means we have more physical servers and put fewer accounts per server compared to for example a Dual E5 shared hosting setup, this provides better segregation, more diversity, and faster load times. In addition, we optimize our servers with LiteSpeed Web Server w/ LSCache to greatly improve load times, in addition to leveraging CloudLinux for maximum performance. With our shared hosting services, as with any shared environment, no doubt that server load averages will naturally fluctuate, and I'd say several contributing factors to that would be cron jobs, traffic utilization varying, as well as the fact we include free/daily off-site backups powered by JetBackup, which backup each and every cPanel account on the server daily. We do take certain measures to help spread out the load and segregate the backups as best as possible. Load can also fluctuate based on customer utilization on a shared hosting environment, and server loads may be temporarily higher at times when cron jobs are running for example. Nonetheless, we do take proactive monitoring measures and there should not be a point where actual real world performance is negatively impacted by any of this. Should this not be the case or if you have any additional feedback, please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected]

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • hxufhxuf Member

Does AMD Ryzen have a timetable in San Jose? Very urgently needed.

@hxuf said:
    Does AMD Ryzen have a timetable in San Jose? Very urgently needed.

Hi @hxuf -- we should be able to go live in San Jose within a few weeks for our Ryzen KVM VPS :) We are doing our best to expand/keep up at our current locations as we're selling out quickly. On our KVM VPS Intel platform, we've just sold out today in San Jose, as an example. We're extremely grateful for our clients, and the communities who support us.

I should add, we've also today just added inventory in Ashburn (which has been very popular for us and has been sold out for some time). So if there's anyone in the market for a KVM VPS in Ashburn - buy now :)

• RyZen WOW

and more WOW if it's in asia regional ;)

@sofyan said:
    RyZen WOW

and more WOW if it's in asia regional ;)

We'll bring more WOW, we promise B)

Amazingly done! Our Ryzen KVM VPS deals in Seattle are now sold out. We're working on a new batch and hope to have them online in the upcoming weeks.

Thanked by 1sancyrb
  • spilespile Member

Congratulations to the Seattle machine that is perfectly sold out, and we look forward to more data centers with ryzen cores

@spile said:
    Congratulations to the Seattle machine that is perfectly sold out, and we look forward to more data centers with ryzen cores

@spile - we're having a blast over here. We'll continue to expand our Ryzen product line, we're committed.

You guys have been amazing. Thank You