Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lowend dedi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lowend dedi

I am looking for a dedi with approximately the following specs,

1x quad core processor (would like reasonable performance but nothing amazing is required).
1x 500gb ssd ideally another 500gb hdd but not a requirement.
gigabit port 10tb bandwidth.
16gb memory.
2x ipv4.
Ideally located in Europe but North America would be fine.

Budget 15-25 euro monthly. Ideally located in Europe but North America would be fine.

Comments

• Check if Hetzner server auctions seem good to you, it is like reverse auction, if no one buys in time, the price drops. I think you get like 14 days before which you can like return it before that and you won't be charged (It is EU thing, testing period is a mandatory right to cancel period in the EU for products and services you could not test before buying them).

https://www.hetzner.com/sb

They have Gigabit port, unlimited bandwidth. I run Plex on it and had to disable some stuff like DLNA and GDM in the Plex settings cause it will trigger like abuse letter from Hetzner, I forgot the full reason, but it was something related to Simple Service Discovery Protocol (SSDP).

Only problem is the SSD options are usually are much higher priced, I think like 32+ Euro

• @JoeF said:
    I am looking for a dedi with approximately the following specs,

1x quad core processor (would like reasonable performance but nothing amazing is required).
    1x 500gb ssd ideally another 500gb hdd but not a requirement.
    gigabit port 10tb bandwidth.
    16gb memory.
    2x ipv4.
    Ideally located in Europe but North America would be fine.

Budget 15-25 euro monthly. Ideally located in Europe but North America would be fine.

check scaleway within your budget.

• If you don't mind 10+ year old hardware, see if Kimsufi have any that suit your needs.