Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email sh****ng itself
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email sh****ng itself

skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
Apr 19 09:01:27 vmi451560 postfix/smtpd[1423752]: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 72: overriding earlier entry: recipient_delimiter=+-
Apr 19 09:01:27 vmi451560 postfix/proxymap[1423753]: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 72: overriding earlier entry: recipient_delimiter=+-
Apr 19 09:01:27 vmi451560 postfix/smtpd[1423752]: connect from spruce-goose-cd.twitter.com[199.59.150.125]
Apr 19 09:01:28 vmi451560 postfix/trivial-rewrite[1423756]: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 72: overriding earlier entry: recipient_delimiter=+-
Apr 19 09:01:28 vmi451560 postfix/cleanup[1423757]: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 72: overriding earlier entry: recipient_delimiter=+-
Apr 19 09:01:28 vmi451560 postfix/smtpd[1423752]: 42F21A40119: client=spruce-goose-cd.twitter.com[199.59.150.125]
Apr 19 09:01:28 vmi451560 postfix/cleanup[1423757]: 42F21A40119: message-id=<[email protected]>
Apr 19 09:01:28 vmi451560 opendkim[711234]: 42F21A40119: s=dkim-201406 d=twitter.com a=rsa-sha256 SSL 
Apr 19 09:01:28 vmi451560 postfix/qmgr[243014]: 42F21A40119: from=<[email protected]>, size=17245, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Apr 19 09:01:28 vmi451560 postfix/pipe[1423758]: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 72: overriding earlier entry: recipient_delimiter=+-
Apr 19 09:01:28 vmi451560 postfix/pipe[1423758]: 42F21A40119: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=dovecot, delay=0.74, delays=0.69/0.01/0/0.04, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via dovecot service)
Apr 19 09:01:28 vmi451560 postfix/qmgr[243014]: 42F21A40119: removed

This is the log @jar I know you will be able to help as always. It has been down since 12.04

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Admin, please delete, my thunderbird decided to not download my emails, used another email client, and worked. Sorry for bothering anyone

• Haha glad the issue was easy to detect bud :-)

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • What was the problem with Thunderbird? You get it resolved?

@level6 said:
    What was the problem with Thunderbird? You get it resolved?

Yep needed to delete my email account and add it back in, weird because it had a connection to the server and it just couldn't pull any emails(no errors either).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It’s crazy how often that ends up being the right answer

@jar said:

Yep, btw do you know any good email clients. (free)

@skorupion said:

@jar said:

To be honest ever since it got a responsive template as default, I use roundcube pretty much exclusively. Since I float between Android, iOS, windows, Mac, Linux, and chrome os so routinely it just makes for a solid UX that never changes across them.

Thanked by 2skorupion coreflux

@jar said:

@skorupion said:

@jar said:

To be honest ever since it got a responsive template as default, I use roundcube pretty much exclusively. Since I float between Android, iOS, windows, Mac, Linux, and chrome os so routinely it just makes for a solid UX that never changes across them.

Hey btw, is purely mail a reseller of your email service? Or could you recommend to me any resellers with a 2 GB inbox?

@skorupion said: Hey btw, is purely mail a reseller of your email service? Or could you recommend to me any resellers with a 2 GB inbox?

They're not. Dude seems to be into what he's doing though so may be worth checking out. Otherwise maybe @seriesn

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @jar said:

@skorupion said: Hey btw, is purely mail a reseller of your email service? Or could you recommend to me any resellers with a 2 GB inbox?

They're not. Dude seems to be into what he's doing though so may be worth checking out. Otherwise maybe @seriesn

Proudly reselling MxRouteBytesSomething https://nexusbytes.com/email-hosting

Thanked by 1coreflux
    edited April 2021

@jar said:

Yep thinking between those two. Going towards purely mail, as I'd like to have something 12 bucks or less (need catchall, and unlimited emails) idk I will see which one i will choose

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @skorupion said:

@jar said:

Yep thinking between those two. Going towards purely mail, as I'd like to have something 12 bucks or less (need catchall, and unlimited emails) idk I will see which one i will choose

Since you are a relatively active community member, I can enable unlimited and catchall. It doesn’t have any cost for me, limits are just there to deter unwanted behaviors.

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

@jar said:

Since you are a relatively active community member, I can enable unlimited and catchall. It doesn’t have any cost for me, limits are just there to deter unwanted behaviors.

Yes. So I'm getting the perks in email 5G in email 2G except the storage is 2 GB instead of 5 GB, if so then lemme buy it

• @skorupion said:

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

@jar said:

Yes. So I'm getting the perks in email 5G in email 2G except the storage is 2 GB instead of 5 GB, if so then lemme buy it

Ditto baby.

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

@jar said:

Ditto baby.

Do i purchase the 2 GB package and give you my order number or what?

• @skorupion said:

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

@jar said:

Ditto baby.

Go for it.

edited April 2021

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

@jar said:

Ditto baby.

Go for it.

17111 needed to go thru paypal, need to call my bank to reactivete shopping online

5865868257 that's my order number

• @skorupion said:

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

@seriesn said:

@skorupion said:

@jar said:

Ditto baby.

Go for it.

17111 needed to go thru paypal, need to call my bank to reactivete shopping online

5865868257 that's my order number

#DONE
    JarBytes rocks!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Real nerds retrieve email by typing POP3 commands.
    I used to know how to do that, but Gmail spoiled me.

I still know how to type SMTP commands though, and I did that last month.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3213627/#Comment_3213627

Technically I could keep nc -l 25 open, and type SMTP responses when others send email to me.
    Then I don't need POP3 anymore.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021

@yoursunny said: Real nerds retrieve email by typing POP3 commands. I used to know how to do that

Nope. Real nerds are talking IMAP through their telnet client. ;)
    Which by the way isn't that difficult either if you have the RFC (or a cheatsheet) handy.

@yoursunny said: I still know how to type SMTP commands though, and I did that last month.

Just once a month? ;) To be honest when doing a lot of troubleshooting reading and writing common protocols like HTTP, SMTP or POP3/IMAP4 to see what's going on and narrow down the root cause for an issue happens more often than one might think.
    And I am very happy we are still using such simple, easy to understand and most importantly open protocols. Though in contrast the modern world of certain companies aims to be as closed as possible..

@yoursunny said: Technically I could keep nc -l 25 open, and type SMTP responses when others send email to me.

I guess you haven't considered the flood of spam you have will be facing. ;)
    And since you have two hands, you should implement at least a dual-threaded implementation of netcat first. :D

Thanked by 2yoursunny _MS_
  • I found the MXlogin app, using it as an MXroute Android client.

I just happened to search for "MXroute" in the Google Play store. I'm impressed! I just wanted something simple that works.

I'll still use K-9 or Fairmail along side it, just in case one of them stops working😛.

I'm liking MXroute. Very easy to configure and working great so far.

Thanked by 2jar yoursunny
    edited April 2021

@jar said:

@skorupion said:

@jar said:

Hey can I use the mxlogin app with a reseller, it gives me an error Not found. even tho I give in the right password and email (nvm needed to restart the app)
    Btw do you want help with the polish translation, its a disaster
    like there is a translation like the following: folders(in polish foldery) said as lornetka składana (foldable binoculars)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

@skorupion said: Btw do you want help with the polish translation, its a disaster

You can fix it and send the corrected file by attaching it to the "Feedback" option within the MXlogin app.

You can get the Polish translation file here:

https://mail.mxlogin.com/sdist/static/locale/pl.json?v=1618853275291

And for reference, you can use the English file:

https://mail.mxlogin.com/sdist/static/locale/en.json?v=1618853275291

@skorupion said:

@jar said:

@skorupion said:

@jar said:

Hey can I use the mxlogin app with a reseller, it gives me an error Not found. even tho I give in the right password and email (nvm needed to restart the app)
    Btw do you want help with the polish translation, its a disaster
    like there is a translation like the following: folders(in polish foldery) said as lornetka składana (foldable binoculars)

I need to push an update to the app, but I thought it was working with Safari and Lucy and least.

• KonbuKonbu Member

I have tested the MXlogin app.
    in my case.
    If the client pull-down menu is not displayed under the language on the first login screen, it seems that "Not found" is displayed even if I enter my email address and password.
    If you go to "Need account? Click here to register" and select MXlogin in the client pull-down menu and remember your device, you will be able to log in at the first login screen next time. ヽ▼o・ェ・o▼ノ

Thanked by 2jar ChrisMiller
  • @Konbu said:
    I have tested the MXlogin app.
    in my case.
    If the client pull-down menu is not displayed under the language on the first login screen, it seems that "Not found" is displayed even if I enter my email address and password.
    If you go to "Need account? Click here to register" and select MXlogin in the client pull-down menu and remember your device, you will be able to log in at the first login screen next time. ヽ▼o・ェ・o▼ノ

Thanks! That fixed the issue I was having with it. Works even after logging out.

• CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

That's not what's happening.

What IS happening is the following:

• there is an APK with the old version (0.4.5) on the Play Store
    • you install it
    • you launch it
    • backend is running the latest version (0.6.5)
    • they mismatch when you try to log in => error Not found
    • meanwhile, the app starts updating itself to the latest version in the background (hot update)
    • next time you start the app, it's running the latest version
    • now the client and backend are compatible
    • everything works

Jarland is a busy man, so let's hope he finds time to build and upload the latest version to the Play Store.

Thanked by 2jar level6