Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› LEB feedback
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB feedback

aiden1aiden1 Member
edited April 2021 in General

Is there a way LET can somehow review and/or tear apart LEB posts before they get published?

I am always on the prowl for good VPS, interesting VPS in strange places, IPv6 (🌞) but the LEB blog is always beyond disappointing.

The offers aren't even good.

Currently on the front page:

This is a shady host with fake company registration number and claim to be from NZ but have Indian phone number. The offer is 💩/5. No value add. Terrible value. Triple the cost of NOCIX while saying it's a great discount.

This is objectively a shit deal. The ToS and AUP are both 404. The company registration is fake. Half the site is 404.

The WHMCS still has Thank you for choosing WHMCS

This host does not even have dedicated servers. I don't understand why this was even posted, it's basically an affiliate link.

More than double the cost of oneprovider being resold like affiliate , does not even have their own single server?

They didn't even bother changing the default order form text. This is not really even reselling VPS or a resource pool or splitting a dedicated server.

Comments

• aiden1aiden1 Member
    edited April 2021

As a bonus I just noticed this is probably the same host trying to sneak in multiple posts for their SHIT DEAL that is DOUBLE OR TRIPLE THE COST OF NOCIX.

Same test IP, same way of writing: "5x Ipv4, IPMI: NO, 2.5Ghz – 2 processors"

Exact same shared hosting bullet point word-for-word

https://lowendbox.com/blog/hostperl-atoms-and-core2duos-in-kansas-city-mo-starting-at-22-mo-and-cpanel-too/

https://lowendbox.com/blog/limenetworking-extreme-bandwidth-200tb-dedi-in-kc-plus-kvms-in-dallas-and-cpanel-starting-at-1-mo/

$ host mail.limenetworking.com
    mail.limenetworking.com has address 173.208.195.85
    $ whois 173.208.195.85 | grep CustName
    CustName:       HOSTPERL

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited April 2021

O O @raindog308 have you been slacking again sir?

Interesting that the phone number matches: https://link2overseas.com/contacts/

@aiden1 said: $ host mail.limenetworking.com

mail.limenetworking.com has address 173.208.195.85
    $ whois 173.208.195.85 | grep CustName
    CustName: HOSTPERL

https://blog.limenetworking.com/

• Lets invite @jbiloh to this conversation

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Definitely appreciate the feedback everyone.

I think @raindog308 is likely to take this offer down.

Soemtimes a boogey gets through the process, though I think most folks can recognize the tramendous investment and improvements around here the last year.

And it's gone.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • bkjbkj Member

That didn't age well :P

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • hzrhzr Member

All hostperl offers should be taken down too

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@hzr said: All hostperl offers should be taken down too

Done.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@aiden1 said: The offers aren't even good.

I do trash a variety of offers that are lame...still getting spammed by one guy who insists that $16/mo for a 1GB VPS in Mexico is a great deal.

In the past (and I mean going back years) we've allowed more offers regardless of how good a deal for two reasons. First, we don't necessarily want to be gatekeepers of what is defined as a good deal, because that could descend quickly to a handful of hosts and the blog would get repetitive. The second is, quite candidly, we want content and offers are regular steady content.

Now that we're getting more content on the blog beyond just offers (with some big stuff coming in May), it's probably time to tighten things up a bit and be more selective. I still feel that if some small hosts wants to offer something that is not the greatest price, we should let them post their offer...to be honest, the hardest thing is when someone posts an offer and it's legit but there's absolutely nothing that differentiates them from the hundred offers that came before them.

The Arcos and Mexican resellers and HostPerls should/will be culled.

• Speaking of Mexico, I wonder why cartels don't run VPS companies with bitcoin payment for money laundering (I've always suspected Cloud at Cost of doing some laundering from their weird pricing).

Someone tell Marty Byrde for a new season of Ozarks.

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@TimboJones said:
    Speaking of Mexico, I wonder why cartels don't run VPS companies with bitcoin payment for money laundering (I've always suspected Cloud at Cost of doing some laundering from their weird pricing).

Someone tell Marty Byrde for a new season of Ozarks.

Ozark is an amazing show.

• aiden1aiden1 Member
    edited April 2021

@raindog308 said: In the past (and I mean going back years) we've allowed more offers regardless of how good a deal for two reasons. First, we don't necessarily want to be gatekeepers of what is defined as a good deal, because that could descend quickly to a handful of hosts and the blog would get repetitive. The second is, quite candidly, we want content and offers are regular steady content.

Have you considered posting some of the underlying places they resell? Nocix doesn't need your traffic, but $10 dedicated servers with 100M unmetered without the bullshit always makes for a nice offer.

PS: There is a typo on https://lowendbox.com/blog/lowendtalk-offers-weekly-roundup-april-17-2021/ - it is VPSnetcom, not VPS dot net

@aiden1 said:

@raindog308 said: In the past (and I mean going back years) we've allowed more offers regardless of how good a deal for two reasons. First, we don't necessarily want to be gatekeepers of what is defined as a good deal, because that could descend quickly to a handful of hosts and the blog would get repetitive. The second is, quite candidly, we want content and offers are regular steady content.

Have you considered posting some of the underlying places they resell? Nocix doesn't need your traffic, but $10 dedicated servers with 100M unmetered without the bullshit always makes for a nice offer.

PS: There is a typo on https://lowendbox.com/blog/lowendtalk-offers-weekly-roundup-april-17-2021/ - it is VPSnetcom, not VPS dot net

We are exploring this type of idea.

We've also begun doing weekly roundups on LowEndBox from offers posted on LowEndTalk:

https://lowendbox.com/tag/lowendtalk/

• Hi Aiden1 and All Respected Members,

Myself Raman Kumar admin of HOSTPERL and LIMENETWORKING. Yes you guys are true i am reselling the servers of kansas DC. Am i doing any wrong or illegal thing? Yes, Definitely my price was high but i am not compelled here anyone to purchase servers or vps from me.

I am just posting my offers here. I am reselling the unmanaged servers of KANSAS DC like others. And i have my own servers of US and Netherland location and i installed virtualizor on it and provide vps to customers. Whats an issue if you guys think my price was high or i am not providing the same configuration you can leave my website and purchase from another providers.

Yes i am providing shared hosting in $1/mo then whats an issue. I have my own server own cpanel/whm licenses its totally depend on me i can provide shared hosting in $1 or $100 (This statement for Aiden1).

"This is objectively a shit deal. The ToS and AUP are both 404. The company registration is fake. Half the site is 404."

Check below mention urls:-

https://limenetworking.com/terms-of-service
    https://limenetworking.com/acceptable-use-policy

Company registeration is Fake? How can you say that? Are you able to prove that Aiden1?

I registered my both companies in india and newzealand if anyone have doubt i can provide my registeration document to Lowendtalk and to the individual.

Half the site is 404. sure i am not denying this thing may be you faced 404 for errors on few urls we are working on it.

Whats an issue if i post offers in same format?

I humbly ask an answer from RAINDOG(Admin) am i did any wrong thing or illegal activity?

Regards
    Raman Kumar
    HOSTPERL

• JioJio Member
    edited June 2021

so this is an admission that you're trying to shove multiple sub brands into LEB frontpage without disclosing that you own all of them..

i am curious as to the outcome of this too

• @ramankumarrana said:
    Hi Aiden1 and All Respected Members,

So what you're saying is, you don't respect Aiden1.

Myself Raman Kumar admin of HOSTPERL and LIMENETWORKING. Yes you guys are true i am reselling the servers of kansas DC. Am i doing any wrong or illegal thing? Yes

You better learn how to use rhetorical questions properly.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • Hi TimboJones,

check below mention url:-

https://www.nzbn.govt.nz/mynzbn/search/hostperl/

I respect all members.

• Hi TimboJones,

I respect all members and i never talk rudely and harshly with anyone. Its just my humble request to you and aiden1 dont criticize anyone if you dont know how to check and verfiy any person or company.

Will share my company registartion of india as well if you wanna see.

I am sorry if my words hurt someone. And i apologise from all admins as well. Will never come and post reply on this post. Because i dont want clashes with anyone.

Regards
    Raman Kumar
    HOSTPERL

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

It’s as if you can post/send messages from a mail client.

• @ramankumarrana said: Will never come and post reply on this post. Because i dont want clashes with anyone.

You fucked up - that's it. Try harder next time.

• JioJio Member

the question is still .. why registered in NZ as a sole trader, and india too? and host in neither location?

why try to get multiple posts to LEB frontpage?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@ramankumarrana - I have a profile picture for you.

Just so it matches your other account :D