Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone on Grafana Cloud free? How is your experience yet?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone on Grafana Cloud free? How is your experience yet?

Hello LET,

since a while i'm looking for a free Grafana instance for personnal use. Better if it includes metrics db and more. Sure i can host myself as i meet all requirements and haven't a lot of needs.

I've checked on Grafana Cloud, haven't checked since their free offer got updated. It looks like an interesting offer and would be happy to read about your feedbacks.

Thank you for sharing :).

Comments

• I have been using it since October. Everything is fine, only 14 days of retention is very little (for Prometeus and Loki),

They suspend the Grafana instance if you don't log in frequently. You don't have the option to create public dashboards and set up an advanced permissions for datasource.

If it is a small project, I recommend using it as much as possible, but if it is something bigger then install Grafana on some cheap VPS, it does not take up a lot of RAM and CPU.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @Hotmarer said: it does not take up a lot of RAM and CPU.

Yeah Grafana is quite lightweight, but the metrics db could quickly go heavy depending of the amount of data. Same of logs. But at least, if the Grafana free offer is good for you, you should be good also with hosting on cheap VPS, i guess.

Thanks a lot for your sharing, it's interesting to know more about limitations.