Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think DDoS Protection is important? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you think DDoS Protection is important?

13»

Comments

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited May 2021

The thing is Corero is probably able to filter it if it get configured with custom rules tailored to the specific attack you're under.

If you're using the free included best effort ddos protection from provider doubt they would put much effect into fixing the leak.

but if you're paying them for extra ddos protection/mitigation capacity the provider is more likely to try to resolve the issue of ddos attack leaking.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2021

With my experience the story doesn’t match on the default rules either and trust me I know this box. Sure, it’s not a one size fits all, but nothing is.

My problem here is that we have a user here, whose sole purpose is aggressively advertising Path.net at the expense of $anything else mentioned, which is likely shilling.

Thanked by 1TerensM
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Path probably took a bigger ddos hit for this person. Unlike the provider they had that maybe used corero had a set limit of you exceed X amount you will then get null routed.
    That's what I am thinking.

Thanked by 1Clouvider