Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Poll: Which type of filesystem you prefer on Proxmox host node?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Poll: Which type of filesystem you prefer on Proxmox host node?

miumiu Member
edited April 2021 in General

Which type of filesystem you prefer use or recommend on Proxmox host node?

When providers can write in comments their recommendations in this direction i would be very grateful for their sharing

Also who can desc about reasons of its choice and few words why he recommend any option is welcomed

Thanks for all responses in advance

UPDATE: I forgot mention it: i have on the mind Ext or Xfs in md RAID config vs. equivalent level RAID in ZFS pool

Also i am moron because i deleted by post editing existing poll with any results there already, my apologies (i did not know that this CMS will delete poll when i edit thread)

Which type of filesystem you prefer use or recommend on Proxmox host node?
  1. Which type of filesystem you prefer use or recommend on Proxmox host node?4 votes
    1. ext4
      100.00%
    2. ZFS
        0.00%
    3. xfs
        0.00%
    4. BtrFS
        0.00%
    5. any other (pls mention in comment if u can)
        0.00%

Comments

• fragpicfragpic Member
    edited April 2021

I haven't tried the others but have tried out ext4 and zfs.
    For me, zfs made everything too complicated and came with a significant performance impact.
    I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but there wasn't even an option to add another disk an existing vdev. How would one upgrade storage if this is the case?
    I had a much easier time passing through the drives directly to the VMs and setting up LVM on them.

Thanked by 1miu