Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS protection for mining pool?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS protection for mining pool?

ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2021 in Help

Hey what's up everyone.

I will soon launch a mining pool. I am wondering what I should use to protect my mining pool against ddos attacks. The competing pools are known for ddosing eachother quite heavily, and for many days.

And I mean heavy attacks. These are in the hundreds of gbps.

Currently I am thinking about using x4b remote ddos protection for 20usd a month.

I am also considering OVH vps. It's a shame because I already have two pretty good colocated servers but they have bad DDoS protection.

Comments

• Your budget is twenty dollars, then no one will filter serious attacks for you)

Thanked by 2lentro bulbasaur
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2021

@ourvds said:
    Your budget is twenty dollars, then no one will filter serious attacks for you)

That's why I am also considering OVH vps even though I already have servers. I know cloudflare magic protection is also quite good but I haven't found any provider other than buyvm that's out of stock

https://www.x4b.net/protection/prices

• @ezeth said:

@ourvds said:

That's why I am also considering OVH vps even though I already have servers. I know cloudflare magic protection is also quite good but I haven't found any provider other than buyvm that's out of stock

And I mean heavy attacks. These are in the hundreds of gbps. And your meager budget, things are not compatible

Thanked by 1lentro
    edited April 2021

@ourvds said:

@ezeth said:

@ourvds said:

And I mean heavy attacks. These are in the hundreds of gbps. And your meager budget, things are not compatible

lol. You do know I never said my budget was 20USD initially right?

"Currently I am thinking about using x4b remote ddos protection for 20usd a month."

They have a plan for 20usd + pay per GB of clean traffic

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

What are you mining?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2021

Currently I am thinking about using x4b remote ddos protection for 20usd a month.

Be sure to enable API mode on your L7 port. It's largely tested on applications like yours.

Some mining API admins also go to some extreme lengths with L7 rules, you may want to do things there too. e.g filter by user agent, or by anything else (be tricky) that you can come up with.

@SplitIce said:

Be sure to enable API mode on your L7 port. It's largely tested on applications like yours.

Some mining API admins also go to some extreme lengths with L7 rules, you may want to do things there too. e.g filter by user agent, or by anything else (be tricky) that you can come up with.

I couldn't figure out how to set it up. It grabbed my cloudflare IP and I don't see a way to change it

• Check BuyVM and Path.net DDoS IP, it start from 5$/m

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Hotmarer said:
    Check BuyVM and Path.net DDoS IP, it start from 5$/m

$3.00/month :) But I guess $5.00/month once you bundle a 512MB into it.

Francisco

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited May 2021

@Francisco said:

@Hotmarer said:

Francisco

Not been following this closely. Wasn’t CloudFlare the shit, for DDOS protected IP? What happened to bring Path.net in, and is it better?

@sgheghele said:

@Francisco said:

@Hotmarer said:

Francisco

Not been following this closely. Wasn’t CloudFlare the shit, for DDOS protected IP? What happened to bring Path.net in, and is it better?

wouldn't ovh vps be better for this? They have good ddos I have heard

• BinaryBinary Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

If you care about performance and stability, go with OVH.
    With Path, you'll have to expect some sort of outage every 2nd day.

• I meant for BuyVM

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@sgheghele said:

@Francisco said:

@Hotmarer said:

Francisco

CF has a lot of capacity but we had a lot of teething issues with it. Onboarding new ranges was extremely involved and BGP is only now becoming a reality supposedly.

As of Path, we had a ransom attack in December/start of January and CF couldn't/wouldn't help us since they didn't have BGP ready, nor did they pre-approve all of our IP's (requires manual work, LOA's, etc).

Path helped us and we've been happy with the product, so we've integrated it fully. I even integrated Path's dynamic firewall into Stallion so users can open/close ports, enable application filters, etc.

Francisco

Thanked by 2sgheghele lentro
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@ezeth I would look into BuyVM @Francisco. Path is good for DDoS and is the same that we will be using as well here in Texas.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@ezeth said: I couldn't figure out how to set it up. It grabbed my cloudflare IP and I don't see a way to change it

@ezeth said:

@SplitIce said:

I couldn't figure out how to set it up. It grabbed my cloudflare IP and I don't see a way to change it

Since you tagged me I'm going to assume that was a request for support. In which case please open a support ticket from your account.

Please also include more information as to what your problem is. It's not really clear what you mean by it in "it grabbed" or what IP you mean by "cloudflare IP"

It might be that you are looking for this KB page: https://www.x4b.net/kb/RealIP

Or you might be looking for the HTTP options page to define an Incomming Real IP header

Or it might be something else entirely.