Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Anti-DDOS Detecting WireGuard as DDOS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Anti-DDOS Detecting WireGuard as DDOS?

2»

Comments

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I think OVH with their support is expensive and you would probably get a good provider with costs in-between.

• LowHostingLowHosting Member, Host Rep

@JamesF said:
    I think OVH with their support is expensive and you would probably get a good provider with costs in-between.

I think he will not opt to spend money for faster support, or at least I do not think it suits him, I think it is a solution more suitable for companies than for individuals.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Wild idea, but maybe try to seek out a provider with business support and ask them whether they can inquire about raising the limits with OVH?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2021

@ehhthing said:
    My situation has changed recently: my ISP has started to route more local traffic via TorIX so I can use Oracle Toronto instead which works great.

wtf tell me how you convinced them smh (sad bell user here) /s

is your ISP Telus?

edit: for oracle cloud, I go over level3.

• @doghouch said:

@ehhthing said:
    My situation has changed recently: my ISP has started to route more local traffic via TorIX so I can use Oracle Toronto instead which works great.

is your ISP Telus?

Nah. Yeah Bell is really rough, have no idea why they don't peer at TorIX. My ISP used to purchase a lot of transit from Bell and the fact that all of my traffic went through Chicago drove me insane.

• @ehhthing said:

@doghouch said:

@ehhthing said:

is your ISP Telus?

Nah. Yeah Bell is really rough, have no idea why they don't peer at TorIX. My ISP used to purchase a lot of transit from Bell and the fact that all of my traffic went through Chicago drove me insane.

Must be Teksavvy or one of the smaller ISPs? There aren’t very many ISPs in Toronto (apart from the big two) and smaller ones tend to be chained to their respective infrastructure.

• The best way to fix this is letting your WireGuard run over IPv6. OVH doesn't care about it then.