Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

40% off recurring all AMD Ryzen NVMe kvm VPS Plans Free DirectAdmin + DDOS protection - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

40% off recurring all AMD Ryzen NVMe kvm VPS Plans Free DirectAdmin + DDOS protection

2»

Comments

• @hotlineservers said:

@its420somewhere said:

@hotlineservers said:

@its420somewhere said:
    Why no PayPal?

Because paypal sucks.

Bills suck but you still pay them, right? What's the real reason you won't accept PayPal?

@its420somewhere said:

@hotlineservers said:

@its420somewhere said:
    Why no PayPal?

Because paypal sucks.

Bills suck but you still pay them, right? What's the real reason you won't accept PayPal?

Well if you had PayPal to hold $2700 of your money for no reason Would you continue using them?

Don't they only hold money on a new account until you pass their checks? They don't hold money for "no reason" ever.. I just have alarm bells ringing when someone refuses to accept PayPal..

• @its420somewhere said:

@hotlineservers said:

@its420somewhere said:

@hotlineservers said:

@its420somewhere said:
    Why no PayPal?

Because paypal sucks.

@its420somewhere said:

@hotlineservers said:

@its420somewhere said:
    Why no PayPal?

Because paypal sucks.

Well if you had PayPal to hold $2700 of your money for no reason Would you continue using them?

Don't they only hold money on a new account until you pass their checks? They don't hold money for "no reason" ever.. I just have alarm bells ringing when someone refuses to accept PayPal..

I suggest you read here

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-jose/profile/payment-processing-services/paypal-inc-1216-210387

• @its420somewhere said:

@hotlineservers said:

@its420somewhere said:

@hotlineservers said:

@its420somewhere said:
    Why no PayPal?

Because paypal sucks.

@its420somewhere said:

@hotlineservers said:

@its420somewhere said:
    Why no PayPal?

Because paypal sucks.

its pretty well known that paypal is pro-consumer (if even?) and anti-business. its completely his choice to accept it or not.

Thanked by 1hotlineservers
  • None of that changes my suspicions.. time will tell..

• yanlingyanling Member
    edited March 2021

I've been following this server for a long time,

because it doesn't support PayPal, so I haven't dared to place an order.

Maybe businesses have business considerations.

(the translation tool didn't describe clearly)

• yanlingyanling Member
    edited March 2021

As a buyer, we received the care of PayPal, who may be very strict with the business.

I just tried to place an order on the website. My bank credit card doesn't support payment.

• My concern is that a lack of accepting PayPal is usually because the PayPal account is not in good standing. I have alarm bells ringing so bad with this provider, it's like we have a scam in the making right under everyone's nose.

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • edited March 2021

@its420somewhere said:
    My concern is that a lack of accepting PayPal is usually because the PayPal account is not in good standing. I have alarm bells ringing so bad with this provider, it's like we have a scam in the making right under everyone's nose.

A lot of business don’t accept PayPal. So they are all scams? Seems you support one provider on here that I’m not going to mention that scammed people once but since they offer PayPal their ok?

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited March 2021

In hosting world it is very rare to not accept Paypal. Especially among lowend providers. But this is not indication of possible scam.

Let's take a closer look at this project:

• One of the providers they use: https://ipinfo.io/AS23470/167.88.48.0/24 (reliablesite.net)
    • Domain registered: 2020-02-07, so project ~1 year old
    • At the bottom of the website there is "About us" with this gem: "We provide hi performance Amd Ryzen kvm vps.". Possible that project creators are not USA based.
    • Actual business information is hard to find, because USA business database is kinda idiotic (no centralization). According to this: https://www.hostsearch.com/review/hotlineservers-review.asp they are in Chicago, IL. But I didn't find their business on the registry

So, can you trust 1 year old project who sell 2-good-2-be-true services? For limited time. Nothing annually or bi-annually. And nothing without triple set of offsite backups. Enjoy while it lasts.

Thanked by 1Sanjue007
  • sonicsonic Veteran

@LTniger said:
    In hosting world it is very rare to not accept Paypal. Especially among lowend providers. But this is not indication of possible scam.

• One of the providers they use: https://ipinfo.io/AS23470/167.88.48.0/24 (reliablesite.net)
    • At the bottom of the website there is "About us" with this gem: "We provide hi performance Amd Ryzen kvm vps.". Possible that project creators are not USA based.
    • Actual business information is hard to find, because USA business database is kinda idiotic (no centralization). According to this: https://www.hostsearch.com/review/hotlineservers-review.asp they are in Chicago, IL. But I didn't find their business on the registry

So, can you trust 1 year old project who sell 2-good-2-be-true services? For limited time. Nothing annually or bi-annually. And nothing without triple set of offsite backups. Enjoy while it lasts.

That's true!

• @hotlineservers said:

@its420somewhere said:
    My concern is that a lack of accepting PayPal is usually because the PayPal account is not in good standing. I have alarm bells ringing so bad with this provider, it's like we have a scam in the making right under everyone's nose.

A lot of business don’t accept PayPal. So they are all scams? Seems you support one provider on here that I’m not going to mention that scammed people once but since they offer PayPal their ok?

I'm saying that a hosting provider on lowendtalk will almost always accept PayPal even if they hate it. It's suspicious that you don't accept PayPal after you disappeared the first time.

Now you're back without PayPal and are pushing lowball promos consistently and being sheepish about the real reason you don't accept PayPal.

I can't be the only one who finds this alarming.. is your plan to skip out again but this time people can't open PayPal disputes?

• edited March 2021

We gave our clients to nexusbytes due to health issues so we didn’t skip out on anyone. Those who wanted refunds got it. Otherwise there would be complaints on here don’t you think? We won’t use PayPal due to them holding money for no reason simple as that. Seems that if you can’t accept that then that is your problem. We provide a good service at a reasonable price. And have many happy customers. When PayPal started holding payments we had a lot users that paid for a year. We don’t have that money now since PayPal is holding it but we are still providing those users the service that they bought.

Thanked by 1jcarlo9
  • @LTniger said:

https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.hotlineservers_llc.6759bf5c41e67df29715e27e5893c864.html

FWIW.. looks like https://talk.lowendspirit.com/profile/hotlineservers is gone?

• edited March 2021

@snt said:

@LTniger said:

https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.hotlineservers_llc.6759bf5c41e67df29715e27e5893c864.html

FWIW.. looks like https://talk.lowendspirit.com/profile/hotlineservers is gone?

We asked to be removed from the other forum. Look on the Illinois sos website we are a registered llc in the state.

• @hotlineservers said:
    We gave our clients to nexusbytes due to health issues so we didn’t skip out on anyone. Those who wanted refunds got it. Otherwise there would be complaints on here don’t you think? We won’t use PayPal due to them holding money for no reason simple as that. Seems that if you can’t accept that then that is your problem. We provide a good service at a reasonable price. And have many happy customers. When PayPal started holding payments we had a lot users that paid for a year. We don’t have that money now since PayPal is holding it but we are still providing those users the service that they bought.

PayPal don't just hold funds for no reason without explanation. They do that when there's suspected fraud, laundering or an account in poor standing.

I suggest you look into why your funds are held and address that, it's your money, right?

• @its420somewhere said:

@hotlineservers said:

PayPal don't just hold funds for no reason without explanation. They do that when there's suspected fraud, laundering or an account in poor standing.

I suggest you look into why your funds are held and address that, it's your money, right?

You'd be surprised how often it happens, specially when you have LA as a location, and certain people charge back due to an IP being blocked by a certain firewall, cause they can't be assed to contact the seller instead.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited March 2021

Got an email from Hotlineservers that VPSs in NY and FL on Ryzen 39x0 will be migrated to 59x0 CPU this weekend. Thanks for the free upgrade 🎉

• good service, but without paypal it has been a problem for me, probably stop using it because of this.

• Where is paypal payment method?