Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN.sh - $7/YEAR - 100GB VPN Package - 17 VPN Locations - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN.sh - $7/YEAR - 100GB VPN Package - 17 VPN Locations

2»

Comments

• @liamwithers Have you fixed Estonia and Germany (Frankfurt)?

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

netadmin said: @liamwithers Have you fixed Estonia and Germany (Frankfurt)?

We're currently in the process of reconfiguring Estonia and Frankfurt to suit a slightly different backend setup, and expect this will be complete before the end of the weekend. Apologies for the delay on this.

• liamwithers said: Thanks for popping the link in, glad to see your willing to see what you think to the service :). Be sure to let me know how you get on, and how it compares to your current experience with Tor :).

OpenVPN client is very to setup indeed. Actually, your VPN service is additional proxy layer complementing instead of replacing TOR. So far so good. Thanks for the nice offer.

@recycleddomain said:
    OpenVPN client is very to setup indeed. Actually, your VPN service is additional proxy layer complementing instead of replacing TOR. So far so good. Thanks for the nice offer.

Glad to hear that it's working nicely for you, and fair play on using it with Tor, rather than replacing Tor :).

• Are you planning to add a Russian location within the next few month? It would be awesome to activate some game keys :P

@Multi said:
    Are you planning to add a Russian location within the next few month? It would be awesome to activate some game keys :P

Quite possibly :), the plan is to have an additional 10 or so locations by March/April time. Currently it's likely that we'll have: France, HK, Australia, Spain, China, plus a few more additions based upon customer requests, which is likely to include Russia. A second UK location is in the works and should be ready soon.

• @liamwithers

Sounds really awesome. Already bought one package.

But i still cant find the answers for some questions:

1. Can i connect with more than just 1 device? For example with my netbook and with my smartphone at the same time?
    2. Why dont you use hostnames for your VPNs? I mean i dont like to change my IP every month if you want to change it.
    3. Why is it not possible to find the IP/Adress to locations on your website? Im somehow scared to lose the Mail :D
    4. Will you add all your locations in March/April, or one by one within the next month?

@multi Good stuff :). Here's some responses to your questions:

1. Yup, you can connect up to three devices at a time :)
    2. This is something that's been on our to-do list for a while, but we just haven't gotten round to it yet - it'll be implemented shortly
    3. You can find this info by visiting the knowledgebase from within our billing panel
    4. The majority will be added in a chunk, however it's likely that our second UK location will be added very shortly, and we'll maybe have another 2 or 3 available before the end of the year.

Hope this helps :), please get in touch if you have any further questions!

Thanked by 2Multi lukesUbuntu
  • @liamwithers said:
    multi Good stuff :). Here's some responses to your questions:

1. Yup, you can connect up to three devices at a time :)

Dammit im sold now, i just hope the speeds all good... im in New Zealand , anyways purchasing will post feedback

• @lukesUbuntu : If you are using it now can you post SPEED test ?

@lukesUbuntu said:

Haha! Speeds should be fairly decent for you, even more so when we add additional Asian locations, and hopefully one in Australia.

@darknessends said:
    lukesUbuntu : If you are using it now can you post SPEED test ?

You can find a couple of speedtest results in a review that was published a while ago - We'll have some specific location-based speedtests available for you to try within (hopefully) the next few hours. I'll keep you posted.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • dannixdannix Member
    edited November 2013

@liamwithers, this offer looks quite interesting. What I'm missing on your page is some kind of faq. When I was looking at it, I couldn't find answers to the following questions (some of them you've already answered in this topic)

1. How many concurrent connections are allowed? (You've mentioned 3, does this means 3 in total regardless of vpn type? or can I have 3 openvpn and 3 pptp, ....)

2. What are the options if the customer reaches bandwidth limit? Can he buy an extra bandwidth? Or the second package?

3. For openvpn, is there a possibility to use keys and not user/pass?

4. Did you considered providing client's config files for all locations.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@liamwithers said:

Scotland would be nice ;)

• user123user123 Member
    edited November 2013

@liamwithers I have a few packages with you :). Any plans to make iDevice-friendly configurations available? I remember we had a long discussion a few months back about it happening soon, but don't see any new iDevice-specific files in the download section. I would love to be able to just load the configs to my iDevices and be able to connect to your servers without any hassle.

ETA: I also have the £5.28GBP/year 20GB/month plan with about half my year left (iirc, I've used <500MB so far lol). Is it possible to "upgrade" to the £4.32GBP 100GB/month plan?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

What happens if the bandwidth limit is reached, would the account automatically be suspended? I don't want to go over and have to pay additional fees

@dannix - Thanks for the interest. Here's some responses to your questions:

1. This is 3 in total, regardless of the VPN type.
    2. A second package can be purchased if you go over - in situations such as this where you've came from an offer, it's unlikely that we'll charge you full price on a second package - simply due to the nature of coming from an offer
    3. This is being looked into - I'll provide an update here if changes are made
    4. Configuration files are provided for each location upon order

@AlexanderM - I'll have this looked into for our next batch of locations :)

@user123 - iOS devices can be used with us on PPTP and L2TP - we're currently in the process of getting the certificates available for use with OpenVPN, as it doesn't play nicely with the "standard" desktop configurations. In terms of your package, please open a ticket and we'll get you transferred onto this package, and refund the difference in cost.

@risharde - If the bandwidth limit is reached, generally speaking we'll suspend services until the next billing cycle. If you'd prefer to add an additional package, that's no issue, and we're fairly relaxed in terms of people only just going over their limit.

Thanks for the interest so far guys!

• @liamwithers thanks for taking care of me :). Hopefully, the OpenVPN stuff can get sorted. PPTP is generally ok, but I do prefer OpenVPN.

• badpatrickbadpatrick Member
    edited November 2013

Recently signed up for this service. Been using it on Windows via OpenVPN. Very satisfied and it's a steal for 7 bucks. Just don't forget to log out of the VPN service before you play World of Warcraft because they don't seem to like Singapore IP's logging into American accounts. :)

@badpatrick said:
    Recently signed up for this service. Been using it on Windows via OpenVPN. Very satisfied and it's a steal for 7 bucks. Just don't forget to log out of the VPN service before you play World of Warcraft because they don't seem to like Singapore IP's logging into American accounts. :)

Thanks for the comments @badpatrick! Glad to hear that you're enjoying the service :). Shame about WoW not liking you logging in from elsewhere haha!

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited November 2013

@liamwithers are you doing some website upgrade? the site could not be open, page shows as Apache default welcome page.

@yywudi said:
    liamwithers are you doing some website upgrade? the site could not be open, page shows as Apache default welcome page.

We're currently experiencing an awful lot of traffic due to a post elsewhere. We're working on it though, and shall hopefully have everything back up soon.

• Any new yearly offers? I tried the link, but it was 40gbp

There'll be a new offer in a couple of weeks to promote our new locations @dms1899 - drop me a PM for a custom deal before then though :)

• i think tor is enough i accept that there is difference between tor vs vpn but i always choose best vpn with better security