Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What location should Spearware Networks start offering services out of next? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What location should Spearware Networks start offering services out of next?

2»

Comments

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    I had sent an email to starlink asking to peer and/or setting up a POP at my DC. No response.

for real?

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • @notarobo said:
    West coast. apart from LA.

San Jose
    Seattle
    Las Vegas
    maybe Phoenix

or

SpearLink in collaboration with Starlink

10gbps from the satellite.

Las Vegas is one I'm seriously considering. Having both east and west coast locations is a useful selling point.

Thanked by 1notarobo
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@notarobo said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    I had sent an email to starlink asking to peer and/or setting up a POP at my DC. No response.

for real?

Yep. :disappointed:

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:

@notarobo said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

for real?

in latest news

Tesla buys over data centers

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Please open a data center in Antarctica. The southern continent needs more providers.

• Chinese buyers want to LA, SJC and Seattle.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • TomzTomz Member

If you want to have long term business , go for New York
    Regards

@appcomq said:
    Chinese buyers want to LA, SJC and Seattle.

Chinese MJJs want "下车" (chargebacks) and "带邮箱出" (sell whole account created with fake info along with email account).
    These days they are grabbing servers that connect to China via AS4837 and AS9929.

Thanked by 1its420somewhere
  • @yoursunny said:

@appcomq said:

Chinese MJJs want "下车" (chargebacks) and "带邮箱出" (sell whole account created with fake info along with email account).
    These days they are grabbing servers that connect to China via AS4837 and AS9929.

hostloc is just a bunch of dicks!

for a large number of foreign trade websites, I care about the cost, without the speed to china.

Because I only charge 50 RMB/mo (7.5usd) on Taobao.
    I do not resell vps, just provide zencart and opencart website for lowend user.

So if it’s less than $5, I have a profit.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • @yoursunny said:
    Please open a data center in Antarctica. The southern continent needs more providers.

too cold.

edited March 2021

@appcomq said:

@yoursunny said:

@appcomq said:

This ^^
    @codydoby will argue with you.

for a large number of foreign trade websites, I care about the cost, without the speed to china.

Because I only charge 50 RMB/mo (7.5usd) on Taobao.
    I do not resell vps, just provide zencart and opencart website for lowend user.

So if it’s less than $5, I have a profit.

This is a legit use case, as long as your clients are not selling counterfeits.
    Two years ago, I paid $40 for an "Android smartwatch" described to be running Android 8.0 on the watch itself, and received an U8 watch worth $8. Website has no contact and I had to open PayPal dispute.

If you want to sell to North American consumers, the servers can be anywhere in USA and do not need to be in the west coast.
    East coast could be better, if you want to cover European consumers too.

You can also buy DirectAdmin "reseller hosting" account instead of VPS.

@SWN_Michael said:

@yoursunny said:

too cold.

You can save on cooling.
    Also, the data center cannot possibly burn down because fire cannot ignite in the cold.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2021

@DataIdeas-Josh said: I had sent an email to starlink asking to peer and/or setting up a POP at my DC. No response.

They use Google for network, so peer with Google and you'll peer with Starlink.

https://bgp.he.net/AS36492#_prefixes (see all of the prefixes for SpaceX Services, Inc.)

• @appcomq said:

Avoid those locations to avoid PayPal chargebacks and abuse from Chinese MJJ

Thanked by 2mike1s bulbasaur
  • @yoursunny said:

@appcomq said:

@yoursunny said:

@appcomq said:

This ^^
    @codydoby will argue with you.

Please help me do that. I think you are good at anything.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited March 2021

@notarobo said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@notarobo said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

for real?

in latest news

Tesla buys over data centers

Nm, dumb.

• @yoursunny said:
    Also, the data center cannot possibly burn down because fire cannot ignite in the cold.

That sounds like something that should be true but isn't.

• @TimboJones said:

@yoursunny said:

That sounds like something that should be true but isn't.

Cold air induction

• LA and SJ

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • coldcold Member

Jamaika, Haiti