Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grub-Rescue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Grub-Rescue

AmfyAmfy Member
edited March 2012 in General

Hello,

As I thought here (http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/1655/hdd-goes-failing) that my hdd is broken, the datacenter has changed it.
The problem is, it was sda. And I haven't installed grub to sdb. (But files are there, I had an software-raid)

Now, I have a KVMoIP on the server, and it is in grub-rescue. But I have no experience with grub-rescue. Could someone help me, please?

Yes, I tryed already to grub-install /dev/sdb on the RescueCD-Mode, but I got grub-probe: error: Cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/ram0. Check your device.map.

Comments

• AmfyAmfy Member

Okay, was able to solve it.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2012

Good for you! The responce time of this forum is really bad!

:)

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • JacobJacob Member

Amfy share your fix for the community so this can help people in future, even though no one helped.

Thanked by 2nabo yomero
  • AmfyAmfy Member

@prometeus: Oh, yes... you're so right!

@Jacob: I was very disappointed that nobody has helped me. I thought we were a community. And I already helped here some people, I am not a complete nobody with zero posts.
    But okay...

First I must finish my math-homework :P then I will (maybe) write, how I have fixed it.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited March 2012

@Amfy

Do you think we know everything? ¬¬
    If I didn't helped you is because I don't know the answer ¬¬ not because I didn't want to help.

Do whatever you want

• nabonabo Member
    edited March 2012

@Amfy said: I was very disappointed that nobody has helped me.

You're writing at a time where only a few people are online. Additionally, we have sunday. (Some people might have to care about their families). Furthermore, nobody get's paid to look after the forum. So I guess you might want to give others more than one hour of time to give you a handy solution. Besides the fact that people might not even know how to help you. :-)

Thanked by 1Infinity