Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aid to OVH customers affected by DC fire accident - providers welcome
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aid to OVH customers affected by DC fire accident - providers welcome

verovero Member, Host Rep

Just thought it would be quite an idea if LET providers could post their help offerings to OVH customers, that lost their services. Whether providers will use it as opportunity to advertise - doesn't really matter. Just post what kind of help and the period you would will to provide your services (free or discounted) those people with.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I know of a place that'll always help if they're able to, and if anyone's looking for a new home - NexusBytes is the place.

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

We are here to help

as i explained in the thread everyone welcome to use our 7 days full refund period. this will give users some time till OVH replace their vms

and if anyone looking to move to us permanently and our offers here https://servarica.com//clients/cart.php?gid=57 does not fit they can ask me in pm for custom offer

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Happy to help, wherever possible: [email protected]

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

We are here to help and we have already had talks with a few. We have servers in all our DC ready to be set up. Just him me up and will see how I can get you back online

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

We've extended our flash sale which gives a free 100TB data transfer upgrade on any of our LET specials!

Our LET Specials:
    https://1gservers.com/auto-deploy-servers-letspecial.html

TO CLAIM YOUR FREE UPGRADE:
    Please open a ticket in our portal after placing your order, and we will modify the bandwidth limit for you at that time.

DON'T SEE WHAT YOU NEED?
    Please reach out to sales [at] 1gservers.com and we're happy to see what we can do

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

We are happy to help from our datacenter in Norway. We have servers ready for deployment. Drop us an email on noc (at) terrahost.no.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

We are here to help, PM or email us directly and we will work with one to one basis so you get best custom solution with full setup (not just installation of OS).

• @thedp said:
    I know of a place that'll always help if they're able to, and if anyone's looking for a new home - NexusBytes is the place.

We are here to help and we are always ready to help.

As long as people aren’t looking to abuse it, drop me a note folks. Bring your backup, we will take care of all the restoration. Service credit. Whatever it takes. As usual, full white gloves service.

• @seriesn said:

@thedp said:

We are here to help and we are always ready to help.

As long as people aren’t looking to abuse it, drop me a note folks. Bring your backup, we will take care of all the restoration. Service credit. Whatever it takes. As usual, full white gloves service.

I'm willing to do the same. Please PM or email me. My email is [email protected]

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2021

Hi,

as mentioned by someone else at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3211402/#Comment_3211402 we provide affected customers with free servers. Just drop us your requirements (cores, RAM, storage, HDD/SSD/NVMe) at [email protected].

At the moment we have no plans to implement promo codes etc. for our general products. It's only intended as a short-time solution esspecially for people / companies that may have an additional financial problem right now and can't just order anywhere else. Furthermore we set up those "emergency orders" really fast, mostly a few minutes after ticket creation. While I believe OVH will replace every burnt server, I also think it will take 1-2 weeks and I don't think they will replace those servers that come back when power supply and network are restored.

Best Regards,
    Tim

• AvoroAvoro Member, Host Rep

We are also happy to help whereever our help is needed :)

• xaocxaoc Member

Vultures.. -_-

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2021

Our primary location is in London, we're happy to help on a case by case basis, with discounted / free services for an agreed period (dedicated servers, VM, colocation, managed services, etc). Contact us at hello [at] cable.st or WhatsApp +44 2034226900.

• John_MJohn_M Member, Patron Provider

We have some pre-fixed dedicated servers there in Amsterdam. It will be quick draw if anyone want it. Always want to contribute whatever we can. Email me : [email protected] or Skype: John-QuadraNet.

• @PHP_Friends said:
    Hi,

as mentioned by someone else at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3211402/#Comment_3211402 we provide affected customers with free servers. Just drop us your requirements (cores, RAM, storage, HDD/SSD/NVMe) at [email protected].

At the moment we have no plans to implement promo codes etc. for our general products. It's only intended as a short-time solution esspecially for people / companies that may have an additional financial problem right now and can't just order anywhere else. Furthermore we set up those "emergency orders" really fast, mostly a few minutes after ticket creation. While I believe OVH will replace every burnt server, I also think it will take 1-2 weeks and I don't think they will replace those servers that come back when power supply and network are restored.

Best Regards,
    Tim

"Someone else" :(

Nice gesture, though!

Thanked by 2dataforest desperand
  • 10301030 Member

My affiliate link will help us both - click here

Thanked by 2dosai dedicados
  • verovero Member, Host Rep

@1030 said:
    My affiliate link will help us both - click here

Same - get 20€ Hetzner credits to spend on cloud servers with this link (valid for new sign-ups only).

Other than that - there is only specific kind of services we could provide with and I recommend going with well known long term LET providers first. But if one month of free DirectAdmin (Apache/LSWS) or ApisCP (Apache) web hosting, also discounted managed servers worldwide based on officially supported versions of CentOS/RHEL/CloudLinux would somehow help to solve your situation, DM me (for affected OVH users only).

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

Would be happy to help out. Give us a shout if you need any managed VPS or dedicated servers in Dallas.

Thanked by 1desperand
  • tomazutomazu Member, Host Rep

We are happy to help whenever possible, just send me a PM or send an e-mail to [email protected].

Thanked by 1desperand
  • cazrzcazrz Member
    edited March 2021

32 dc - 4 dc = 28dc
    And out of those 28 dc they cannot offer immediately a temporary place and other smaller providers are even able to do it on the same day.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

We have already offered help to a LET member. So, we are willing to offer free of charge:
    1. dedicated server for 4-5 days.
    2. backup storage plan for 1 week.

Our backup storage plans:
    https://netdynamics24.com/backup-services.html

Our unmanaged dedicated servers:
    https://netdynamics24.com/client/order.php?step=0&productGroup=10

You can contact us: sales at netdynamics24 dot com

• DataGizmosDataGizmos Member
    edited March 2021

@cazrz said:

32 dc - 4 dc = 18dc
    And out of those 18 dc they cannot offer immediately a temporary place and other smaller providers are even able to do it on the same day.

32-4 = 28 Math is hard

Thanked by 2cazrz Saragoldfarb
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@bela said: OVH refugee March special

Where's your provider tag? This thread isn't an excuse for people without a provider tag to advertise.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

If you are impacted by the OVH data center destruction, we'll provide your first month free for any of our four locations. Requires proof of being an active customer in the impacted OVH facilities at the time of the issue.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Well go first 6 months half price on any dedi / custom dedi.
    We got in stock some EPyC servers, SSD and HDD, and some Ryzen servers for higher end, and plenty of older gen storage servers.

That half off means you can get some freakishly high BW storage servers for insanely low prices ^_^
    Ie. we got 2 free of EPyC 8c/16t, 64GB DDR4, 500GB NVME, 6x16TB, 10Gbps regular 399€, but now ~200€ a month for OVH refugees.
    Delivery 2 business days.

• @cazrz said:
    32 dc - 4 dc = 28dc
    And out of those 28 dc they cannot offer immediately a temporary place and other smaller providers are even able to do it on the same day.

Theres no way they’ll have 30k odd servers lying around ready to go to offer to affected customers and thats a guess based on SBG total capacity... recovering from the loss of a datacenter in such a way is not an overnight fix for any company

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • cazrzcazrz Member

@WSCallum said:

@cazrz said:
    32 dc - 4 dc = 28dc

Theres no way they’ll have 30k odd servers lying around ready to go to offer to affected customers and thats a guess based on SBG total capacity... recovering from the loss of a datacenter in such a way is not an overnight fix for any company

Yes, its is not overnight. But at least get it rolling even by small amounts of help to customers. Help one(1) customer is a good start. 3-4 weeks start for only 10k? well im not sure with that if the customer is still wiling to put his data back online after 4 weeks. Maybe then its not important and he does not have backups.

• cazrzcazrz Member

I mean why not just send customers some credits and for them to spin up some servers in their other dcs.

• We are not a big brand but we can try to do what we can to help.
    Feel free to reach out: [email protected]

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

They’re coming out of the woodwork.