Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared & Reseller Hosting, DirectAdmin, MailChannels, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared & Reseller Hosting, DirectAdmin, MailChannels, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed

Comments

• djndjn Member
    edited May 2021

@Amplificator where did you see ssh was available by request I can't see it in the offer or the thread or site terms.
    But I did see

(d) We do not provide a money-back guarantee, therefore, we do not provide refunds, under no circumstances.

• @djn said:
    @Amplificator where did you see ssh was available by request I can't see it in the offer or the thread or site terms.

It's been mentioned in prior threads, like this one: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3014129/#Comment_3014129

• lpnlpn Member

@Amplificator said:

@djn said:

It's been mentioned in prior threads, like this one: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3014129/#Comment_3014129

Please keep us posted how this works out.

• I am glad too see @MikePT has replied. I am also an owner of his lifetime plans. Nothing in there, just idling. He had a baby coming in the past months, thus I was worried about him and his family.

Glad to hear all is fine on his end.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @lpn said:

@Amplificator said:

@djn said:

Well, it's now midnight in Portugal where @MikePT is from. So despite his promise of getting it sorted today, he lied.

My ticket has not been answered so far.

• drunkendogdrunkendog Member
    edited May 2021

To add fuel to the fire, MyW doesn't adhere to GDPR requirements:

This is what they say on their website:

But GDPR explicitly states here that you need to:

Allow users to access your service even if they refuse to allow the use of certain cookies

so the website is in violation of the GDPR. @MikePT, please fix this.

Edit: Fixed some grammar

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@caracal said:
    Fair response.

A man only has 24 hours: all the best mate.

Wish I had more!

@Amplificator said:

@lpn said:

@Amplificator said:

@djn said:

Well, it's now midnight in Portugal where @MikePT is from. So despite his promise of getting it sorted today, he lied.

My ticket has not been answered so far.

I have been clearing the queue. Most are expecting me to do stuff they can do themselves. I have 30 or so tickets left. Will sort.

@drunkendog said:
    To add fuel to the fire, MyW doesn't adhere to GDPR requirements:

This is what they say on their website:

But GDPR explicitly states here that you need to:

Allow users to access your service even if they refuse to allow the use of certain cookies

so the website is in violation of the GDPR. @MikePT, please fix this.

Edit: Fixed some grammar

Will look at that. We've been very fair and lenient. We offer an excellent service for the buck. If I tell you that out of 500 tickets we got, 5% were for stuff our clients couldn't do themselves. I never denied support there though, may be slow but that's changing, already improving it :)

• I have been clearing the queue. Most are expecting me to do stuff they can do themselves. I have 30 or so tickets left. Will sort.

@MikePT sent a pm.

edited May 2021

I think that someone may be confusing us, here's the chargeback we just got:

it was a scam. when i bought the service i wasnt aware of it, but i was informed by some member on lowendtalk.com(vps and webhosting forum) that it was a scam. the support is also not as claimed, 2 of my ticked that i opened on day 1 is still open and the "lifetime" is just as long as the owner likes, its based on the lifetime of the company. the scam is called summerhost, they delete account or stop company after 180 days to stop charge-backs after giving lifetime or 3 year deals. i would like to stop that from happening and refund the service before getting it canclelled, also i didnt use the service much so my presence didnt affect the servers or something

Our reply:

Howdy,

We've just received our second dispute in two years due to lack of support.

You sent the following to PayPal:

"it was a scam. when i bought the service i wasnt aware of it, but i was informed by some member on lowendtalk.com(vps and webhosting forum) that it was a scam. the support is also not as claimed, 2 of my ticked that i opened on day 1 is still open and the "lifetime" is just as long as the owner likes, its based on the lifetime of the company. the scam is called summerhost, they delete account or stop company after 180 days to stop charge-backs after giving lifetime or 3 year deals. i would like to stop that from happening and refund the service before getting it canclelled, also i didnt use the service much so my presence didnt affect the servers or something"

I'm not sure what lack of support you meant considering your service is running optimally:

1st ticket:

• Ticket open: Posted on Saturday 1st May at 11:24
    • Replied to: Saturday 1st May at 12:38
    • We received another reply from you: Saturday 1st May at 13:33
    • Which we replied to: Saturday 1st May at 15:35

2nd ticket:

• Ticket open: Saturday 1st May at 23:38
    • Asked if we had a free Blesta licenses on monthly paid plans. We didn't reply to this ticket yet since this was no way urgent, and we don't mention Blesta anywhere.

3rd ticket:

• Posted on Tuesday 11th May at 10:00
    • Replied to: Tuesday 11th May at 10:11

This chargeback is definitely not right, and this is what brings companies down. We're out of 80€ and this also affects our company PayPal account.
    Support may be slower than usual even though I'm sorting the tickets every day and queue is close to be sorted, but we're NOT scammers. Not sure who mentioned to you that we are, but this is a false claim.
    As so, we've reported your account to Fraudrecord as fraud, terminated your service and are going to reply to the dispute.

--

Back to sorting more tickets, but please guys, if there's any issue, speak to us, there's no need to chargeback.

• the "lifetime" is just as long as the owner likes, its based on the lifetime of the company.

I thought it's the "normal" definition of lifetime product.

@kuroneko23 said:

the "lifetime" is just as long as the owner likes, its based on the lifetime of the company.

Can't promise anything is lifetime, not even the universe, well, lifetime in the sense of the lifetime of the company.

Anyway, ended up solving it with the client, or, ex-client.

• AmplificatorAmplificator Member
    edited May 2021

Uhm, why are you making such info public, @MikePT?

So now people can't write stuff to you without the danger of you making it public when you feel like it?

Fair enough that you complain about a chargeback, but don't post what people wrote to you (and PayPal) public - why would you do that?

Anyway, I'm still interested in a good old fashioned refund and become an ex-client, in case you feel like honouring that - or just skirt around it again.

Thanked by 1drunkendog
  • jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited May 2021

@Amplificator said: Uhm, why are you making such info public

Because he wants to be transparent?

Feels like that on everything he does you are patiently waiting to write something negative about the way he runs his business. gtfo

edited May 2021

@jahrinc said:

Feels like that on everything he does you are patiently waiting to write something negative about the way he runs his business. gtfo

Thanks for sharing your feelings. He does seem to have a problem with privacy, like the GDPR thing above.

"Transparent" - lol, stop being a fanboi

Thanked by 1drunkendog
  • jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited May 2021

@Amplificator said:

@jahrinc said:

Thanks for sharing your feelings. He does seem to have a problem with privacy, like the GDPR thing above.

"Transparent" - lol, stop being a fanboi

Fanboy? Lmaoooo the funniest shit you have said thus far, again gtfo

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@Amplificator said:
    He does seem to have a problem with privacy, like the GDPR thing above.

Why are you throwing "GDPR" at it?
    Can you (as a provider), explain where GDPR applies to the text posted by MikePT?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Zerpy said:

@Amplificator said:

Can you (as a provider), explain where GDPR applies to the text posted by MikePT?

I referenced a post above; please go back and read.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2021

@Amplificator I recommend you stay with DuelHost | 20FOR30 - GET THE OFFER THAT CAN'T BE BEATEN.

The best-shared hosting you will ever experience. Forget about @MikePT

should you forget & stop commenting on others threads.

• @WebHorizon said:
    @Amplificator I recommend you stay with DuelHost | 20FOR30 - GET THE OFFER THAT CAN'T BE BEATEN.

Do you have anything related to the services in this thread or are you just spewing fud right now? Stop spamming, please.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@Amplificator said:
    Do you have anything related to the services in this thread or are you just spewing fud right now? Stop spamming, please.

Our Germany location is with @MikePT , everything works as expected.
    none of the issues you mentioned seem correct.
    Is it fair to spoil another providers thread?

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Amplificator said:

@Zerpy said:

@Amplificator said:

I referenced a post above; please go back and read.

You are clearly trying to make a fuss on it. This customer was refunded. You should know disputes that end on chargebacks do cost us money. It's taking food out of my son's food.

Right now there are 0 tickets. Only 5 required my intervention. I run a solid business, learnt a lot with past experiences and working for plenty of providers did help too.
    We grant no refunds, we can't afford providing test drives. Services are cheap, this market is cheap, but that doesn't mean we need to give everything out. Servers, staff, accountant and plenty more cost money.

@WebHorizon said:

@Amplificator said:

Our Germany location is with @MikePT , everything works as expected.
    none of the issues you mentioned seem correct.
    Is it fair to spoil another providers thread?

Thank you. I know support isn't the best, that will change, but services have been online working great indeed. I wouldn't accept it otherwise.

edited May 2021

@Amplificator said:

@WebHorizon said:

As a happy customer he is just defending. You are simply bashing us.

Just read the past posts. Oh well. It's a personal vendetta you have with me. No idea why, but guess what, once you end your business, I'll be here, as a legit provider, fully registered, handling VAT moss, with accountant and lawyer. I wish you the best but please, leave my threads.

Thanked by 1aaroh
  • @MikePT said:

@Amplificator said:

@WebHorizon said:

How is voicing concerns over poor support "bashing"? Others have chimed in on this too, so it's obviously not just me voicing concerns. You simply oversold your product, which is why I'm not satisfied.

@Amplificator said:

@MikePT said:

@Amplificator said:

@WebHorizon said:

How is voicing concerns over poor support "bashing"? Others have chimed in on this too, so it's obviously not just me voicing concerns. You simply oversold your product, which is why I'm not satisfied.

Oversold. Right. How many clients are you referring to?

• @MikePT said:

@Amplificator said:

@MikePT said:

@Amplificator said:

@WebHorizon said:

This has been on your site the entire time: https://cln.sh/IVFRpz - you are advertising something you havn't provided.

@Amplificator said:

@MikePT said:

@Amplificator said:

@MikePT said:

@Amplificator said:

@WebHorizon said:

This has been on your site the entire time: https://cln.sh/IVFRpz - you are advertising something you havn't provided.

Ah yeah. Let me know your ticket IDs so I can review.

edited May 2021

Let's just take the latest one, 578695.

In 689572 I even told you I had a client move away from you because of your slow response times. It was simply impossible to get anything out of you without it taking quite a while.
    Your server couldn't run their site (the new provider runs it without a problem, and fast) and it was impossible to get any support from you, so the client moved away.

edited May 2021

@Amplificator said:
    Let's just take the latest one, 578695.

In 689572 I even told you I had a client move away from you because of your slow response times. It was simply impossible to get anything out of you without it taking quite a while.
    Your server couldn't run their site (the new provider runs it without a problem, and fast) and it was impossible to get any support from you, so the client moved away.

Feel free to check the response times on all the other tickets I have. They are poor, despite being "dedicated to support".

I see. I have reviewed the first ticket. Definitely not good. I failed there. Took way too long to enable SSH access.

For the second one, I did more than we usually do for our clients. The website in question was large, it wasn't running properly in our servers. I tried to accommodate it but sorry I couldn't for a simple shared hosting service. That being said, I understand and am sorry we failed on you.
    We have recently moved to Ryzen, this improved the performance for everyone.
    In your case, I see that the support provided in the first ticket and second ticket (for the last response) wasn't correct. My sincere apologies. Hope you're running the websites in your infrastructure now, that'll make me happy.

I would like to add that the MyW division grew a lot in terms of NOC clients. It's 2 years old. That affected the performance for the Webhosting clients and I admit that. I am looking to expand my team with locally hired staff, but still, the service itself has been pretty awesome.

I have no concerns on admitting we could have done better here.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • dvaderdvader Member

I want to share my experience. Bought the lifetime plan some days back, raised a ticket to enable SSH, it was enabled the next morning. This might not be quick by some standards but I am happy and have no issues. Remember it's a lifetime plan.

@MikePT Thanks for the great offers.

@MikePT said:

@kuroneko23 said:

the "lifetime" is just as long as the owner likes, its based on the lifetime of the company.

Can't promise anything is lifetime, not even the universe, well, lifetime in the sense of the lifetime of the company.

Anyway, ended up solving it with the client, or, ex-client.

And I thought everyone understood this by now.

Thanked by 1MikePT