Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosterlabs terminates server without warning if due date missed - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosterlabs terminates server without warning if due date missed

13»

Comments

• @IamJAX said:
    So, if you are on Hosterlabs, they don't care about your server or data. Always keep a proper backup.

This should be our responsibility to keep up with regular backups. We cannot blame a host to do it for us unless they are offering the service.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2021

@ankursharma8715 said:

@IamJAX said:
    So, if you are on Hosterlabs, they don't care about your server or data. Always keep a proper backup.

This should be our responsibility to keep up with regular backups. We cannot blame a host to do it for us unless they are offering the service.

Based on LET threads majority of LET users relying on providers RAIDs :smile: instead of paying extra or doing backups

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @armandorg said:
    I kinda catch the point of the OP asauming the providers must give some time for clients after the due date and not terminate directly after it.

But why? This baffles me, where is the logic in that?
    The provider sends out multiple reminders that clearly states that payment is due this exact date or the service will be terminated. The customer ignores it and does not pay, and you still think the provider should continue to deliver a service to the customer?

This attitude, the "I have so many demands but no responsibilities" kind of thinking, is why I left the hosting business.

• @rcy026 said:

@armandorg said:
    I kinda catch the point of the OP asauming the providers must give some time for clients after the due date and not terminate directly after it.

But why? This baffles me, where is the logic in that?
    The provider sends out multiple reminders that clearly states that payment is due this exact date or the service will be terminated. The customer ignores it and does not pay, and you still think the provider should continue to deliver a service to the customer?

This attitude, the "I have so many demands but no responsibilities" kind of thinking, is why I left the hosting business.

the provider to survive, can never PMS.

• Hello,

Thanks for letting us all know your feedback. We care about data loss, and we had a 2 week policy prior to safeguard the data but the truth was that 90% of people did not pay after 2 weeks, so we have full servers at times with people that do not pay. We changed this guidelines to 5 days minimum when servers are at capacity. This is what happened this time. Normally we look at recurrence of the customer (if he/she pays constantly), how long she/he has been our customer, etc.. to determine to give them extra time. Whenever there is spear capacity we give up to 14 days. Sadly, this time, servers were reaching capacity and we needed to manually terminate customers that did not pay on time.

We will 100% revise the situation and improve our termination guidelines for our e-mails to seem more urgent than they actually are. This is great feedback, I really thank you for bringing this out and explaining it as you did in a cordial and polite manner :) . We will also update ToS and improve guidelines and communication between customers. Just in some time, as we are very very busy right now with new servers and so on. We will make chances within 20 days to all the mentioned before.

You normally do not get a termination warning just an "overdue invoice" warning, maybe we can change the title of those e-mails and revise this all.

btw thanks @thedp for tagging me.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

LazyLabs, you've done nothing wrong here.

OP deliberately did not pay.

• @deank said:
    LazyLabs, you've done nothing wrong here.

OP deliberately did not pay.

I know, but there are always ways to improve. And we appreciate the feedback.

• @Hosterlabs said: there is spear capacity

Ouch!
    The word is spare. ;)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@Hosterlabs said: there is spear capacity

Ouch!
    The word is spare. ;)

Didn't you know? They're renting out weapons not VPSes.