Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Centralized support system
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Centralized support system

LeviLevi Member

I'am looking for a solution to gather emails from different projects. For example I have 5 projects and want to aggregate all support emails to single CRM(?). Explored options:

• OTRS - massive, complex system;
  • Redmine - to much unneeded functions;

Is there any other worth options to consider? Free if possible.

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Put the same email in all the projects, or setup email forwarding.
    All the emails will appear in the same inbox.

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

@yoursunny said: Put the same email in all the projects, or setup email forwarding. All the emails will appear in the same inbox.

This along with Thunderbird Unified Inbox FTW .

• Tr33nTr33n Member
    edited March 2021

Gitlab could work too. Depends which functions you need.

• Spiceworks Help Desk?

• HostStageHostStage Member, Host Rep

On my end for such purpose, I'm using it a todo list manager with Email piping. So basically I'm turning the desired emails into tasks from email filters. It isn't a direct answer to your question but it is another approach to the whole.

• LeviLevi Member

@HostStage said:
    On my end for such purpose, I'm using it a todo list manager with Email piping. So basically I'm turning the desired emails into tasks from email filters. It isn't a direct answer to your question but it is another approach to the whole.

Are you using any software for that? Or just mail client?

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@HostStage said: On my end for such purpose, I'm using it a todo list manager with Email piping. So basically I'm turning the desired emails into tasks from email filters. It isn't a direct answer to your question but it is another approach to the whole.

Interesting, just a filter on email software which puts them into folder or what?

Isn't Kayako a thing still? I recall that WHMCS atleast had integration for Kayako for that very purpose, to unify multiple sites into single support system. Kayako might for you too then.

• HostStageHostStage Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2021

Interesting, just a filter on email software which puts them into folder or what?

Well I hesitated to post my answer because it is so not hat the OP is after but ultimately could serve the same purpose.
    I have created hundreds of filters including some in bash to turn emails into tasks that are indeed classified in my to do list manager in folders (maintenance, escalated tickets, providers relationship..) You can easily do so for several brands. I have also a main view to see what's assigned for the day.

• ApeWebApeWeb Member, Host Rep

Osticket usually works pretty well.

• @LTniger said:
    I'am looking for a solution to gather emails from different projects. For example I have 5 projects and want to aggregate all support emails to single CRM(?). Explored options:

• OTRS - massive, complex system;
    • Redmine - to much unneeded functions;

Is there any other worth options to consider? Free if possible.

Hello,

I'd probably do it this way:

• Have the emails routed / forwarded to 1 email inbox
    • I am using Gmail, so I'd gave the emails nice labels with different colors do differentiate them easily
    • I'd also setup email addresses in Gmail, so if I'd reply, it would seem coming from different domains
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2021

Freescout has completely transformed my ability to offer support, simply by having perfect automation functionality that allows me to handle greater workloads with less effort. It supports multiple mailboxes.

It’s rules are much like sieve filters, if this then that.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

You can use freescout, it's working great. You can create multiple inboxes.

• LeviLevi Member

Freescout it is. Just looking way configure it with mxroute :D some nasty SSL stuff going on...

• TonyBTonyB Member

Another option if you find Freescout doesn't fit your needs would be ClickUp if you're looking to be more project management centric. It does a lot of things but you can keep it pretty basic as well.

edited March 2021

Wrong thread, don’t know how I ended up here.

edited March 2021

Wrong thread, don’t know how I ended up here. Stupid phone.