Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cpanel Or Plesk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cpanel Or Plesk

I had used Cpanel for so many years.... and with everything that happened with pricing I decided to give Plesk a try. I do have to say I am amazed, as I feel it is simpler to use and provides easier navigation for users.

Does anyone else have any opinions? Are you sticking with Cpanel and adjusting to the cost? Or has anyone else made the switch.

Just curious where everyone stands or if there are any pros/cons you have observed with either.

Plesk or Cpanel?
  1. Plesk or Cpanel?32 votes
    1. Plesk
      50.00%
    2. Cpanel
      50.00%

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Directadmin

• Plesk

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Plesk is cheaper and has good graphic user interference ,The support is the best , you can buy a cheap original plesk license from
    https://cplicense.net/buy-cheap-plesk-license/

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Plesk used to have a dreadful interface and was way too slow, so things must have improved over the years?

• Tr33nTr33n Member
    edited February 2021

@sandanista said: Plesk used to have a dreadful interface and was way too slow, so things must have improved over the years?

That was not the only problem with Plesk. The automatic updates used to be a pain, it often happened that services did not run correctly afterwards or other problems occurred. I listed a few points in an older post why I think Plesk sucks: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2958717#Comment_2958717

However, Plesk has improved a lot recently in my opinion. It no longer breaks down so often by itself and I like the direction of development.

@mustafamw3 said: The support is the best

Confirmed. Plesk support is indeed excellent, even on more complex problems.

@datasteady
    You must bear in mind that Plesk and cPanel belong together. If you only want to switch to Plesk because of the price, I wouldn't rely on the assumption that there won't be a hefty price increase for Plesk at some point.

DirectAdmin might be more suitable. The team at DirectAdmin is quite eager and sympathetic. Since the cPanel fiasco began, DirectAdmin has developed well.

If you are open to new things, take a look at ApisCP. It looks promising, but it may be too early to use it for commercial purposes. However, I have no experience with ApisCP, I just follow the development.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Neither.

Directadmin.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • +1 direct admin

Thanked by 1coolice
  • +1 vote for directadmin

Thanked by 1coolice
  • sandanistasandanista Member
    edited February 2021

Good to hear Plesk has improved, but definitely +1 for DA from me too.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

DirectAdmin is good alternative to cP/Plesk.

DA have extended module for WHMCS. :)

Thanked by 1coolice
  • +1 direct admin

• Ah Man, so many comments about DirectAdmin. I am going to have to get it going in my DEV environment to see what the fuss is about :smile:

• naranjatechnaranjatech Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2021

@datasteady said:
    Ah Man, so many comments about DirectAdmin. I am going to have to get it going in my DEV environment to see what the fuss is about :smile:

No fuss, they just haven't used Plesk recently...

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @naranjatech said:

@datasteady said:
    Ah Man, so many comments about DirectAdmin. I am going to have to get it going in my DEV environment to see what the fuss is about :smile:

Yea, I had tried Plesk back in the day and would agree with some of the comments. However after my recent experience, the Power User/Service provider views make it very comparable to WHM/CPANEL. I just think the interface is way better than CPANEL now. Cpanel feels very overwhelming and cluttered.

• Plesk or DirectAdmin, leaning towards DirectAdmin.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2021

cPanel is still good but, I did have reason to use Plesk a couple of months ago, it's really impressive, to be honest, and I have been using it since. They have nailed WordPress Management.

I would definitely say Plesk has come a long way since I last used it many years ago. Better support than cPanel.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • +1 DirectAdmin, you can get license for free unlimited domain from @seriesn or @Francisco

Thanked by 2seriesn coolice
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

+1 Plesk, very easy to use for end user and more advanced than DirectAdmin, as soon as everyone jump to DirectAdmin, they do increase price or introduce the features / tools which you will need and it will be as add-on module, example: DA Pro Pack and its understandable, as they need to increase the market share first with cheaper alternative option and development cost money. No one will guarantee the price for control panel.

if you wish free control panel - Virtualmin is fantastic for personal usage.

• Hello there,

The most logical alternative to cPanel is plesk. We also use plesk. We are quite satisfied.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

We still utilize cPanel - we find that our customers are far more familiar with it, and the transition is smooth. From a migration perspective, and sales conversions.

This is a great read: https://lowendbox.com/blog/cpanel-reseller-hosting-whats-new-the-before-and-after/

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@naranjatech said:

I still use it because some clients asked it but I definetely prefer DirectAdmin.

So I wouldn't pick cPanel or Plesk but DirectAdmin for sure.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • I would definitely vote for cPanel if we leave out their pricing.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • DA is also good alternative comparing to cPanel and Plesk.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • @ViridWeb said:
    Directadmin

Shutup didn't you read the topic of his Thread. Idiot! :D

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited March 2021

@naranjatech said:

@datasteady said:

How recently counts ? I canceled my last Plesk license on 2020.08.12

It creates me more issues than multiple DirectAdmin servers used for shared hosting and all I wonted from it was to auto update correctly and not to broke any configs....

What I mean ( I have client on managed vps ) Plesk WebAdmin edition , Pure Nginx Mode.... usual situation (over 10 times) Plesk brokes httpd.conf and put big red message on the screen that it is broken (httpd.conf is not used in this setup) sites are up but as this is webadmin edition customer see it and panics ...

I wonder if it was Apache setup or Nginx + Apache was used will similar situation crash serving the webpages ....

Will not talk about how updates but if I remember correctly that created issues too on some occasions ...

+1 DirectAdmin (Gang)

• Plesk is neat. The problem is, it is owned by the same folks that owns CPanel. Plesk was partially dead before CPanel raised the price. If Plesk picks up momentum, chances of it suffering the same fate is pretty high.

With that said, here’s where it gets interesting, DA didn’t increase their pricing for the base product. What we signed up for, just kept on getting better.

I read people not being happy about the pro pack. Now folks, would you rather just pay cloudlinux and bunch of other 3rd party providers for “addons and plugins” or get the same/similar value with the pro pack? You decide.

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

@mimawee said:

@ViridWeb said:
    Directadmin

Shutup didn't you read the topic of his Thread. Idiot! :D

Then I guess I should not do a +1 for DirectAdmin.

• We prefer to use cpanel for hosting needs as its having better results

• CristianDCristianD Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2021

The only problem with plesk is owned by cPanel, so, who knows if there will make the same with plesk like they made with cPanel, to increase the price.

I never used plesk cuz the customers dosent feel so family with it so we still use cPanel.

• HostStageHostStage Member, Host Rep

I've personally never been keen on Plesk.
    First, as mentioned it is the same VC company behind so I wouldn't trust them for the reason you mentioned.
    Second, while partnering with them, it felt cumbersome with a contract long as you wouldn't believe and tedious processes.

So far we are sticking with cPanel but extremely unhappy to as we have no view on the pricing increase in the future which becomes a liability for us.