Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hetzner vps can't ping to he.net dns
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hetzner vps can't ping to he.net dns

Hello
I tried ping from hetzner to 74.82.42.42 but don't working.
What's issue ? I used centos 7
Thanks

Comments

• @smowtion said: What's issue ?

What do you expect us to say?

• @angstrom said:

@smowtion said: What's issue ?

What do you expect us to say?

Give me a sec, let me just bust out my trusty crystal ball and guess what exactly the problem is.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited February 2021

run a traceroute/mtr and see where it gets stuck... or use one of the tools available around the net that allow for testing from different locations.

or call HE and tell them to fix their routers after AMS.

• Hurricane Electric has a blanket ban for Hetzner ips. I don’t know why, but I noticed it earlier.

• Two helpful responses, two LowEndComments.

Thanked by 1imok
  • IPv6 works. 2001:470:20::2

• It just ping to 74.82.42.42 that don't get a reply, the ip still work fine for using HE DNS resolver.

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

@Razza said:
    It just ping to 74.82.42.42 that don't get a reply, the ip still work fine for using HE DNS resolver.

Yes, it looks like ICMP/ping is blocked on this IP address.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Razza said: It just ping to 74.82.42.42 that don't get a reply, the ip still work fine for using HE DNS resolver.

Yes, this has been the case for many months at least. They also block other networks, like Online.net in Amsterdam.