Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 1/2 Core VPS allowing full physical core usage - i7 7700k to I9 or better, ryzen 9300x+
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 1/2 Core VPS allowing full physical core usage - i7 7700k to I9 or better, ryzen 9300x+

L00piNL00piN Member
edited February 2021 in Requests

Hi guys !

Been trying some vps's that fit my usage case but so far very unhappy with what I have found.

I need full core access not a vcpu that just allows me to use a tiny portion of a core and is advertised as 1 core (seems to be the norm ?).

I will not be doing more than 3 or 4 periodic quick cpu peaks (1sec max duration) per minute so I expect to have full access to 1 or 2 physical cores during that short period .

Need anything in the range of :

• I7 7700k to I9900k or Ryzen 9300X or better .

• Ram 3Gb to 6Gb.

Possibility to make full use of a physical core for very quick peaks is mandatory (seems hard to find ?) .

Need host passthrough enabled and AVX flag available .

Budget between $7 and $15 and looking to buy a few .

Anyone ?

Thanked by 2q3579338 greentea

Comments

• edited February 2021

I would suggest BuyVM from @Francisco
    $15/m, full dedicated Ryzen core (the $15 plan), 4GB ram
    The only downside being that you need to wait for new stock :-)
    P..s - I am guessing you meant Ryzen 3900x right? Cause you might have to wait a little for 9300x :-)

Thanked by 2Francisco greentea
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

vCPU is good unless your looking at pegging out the CPU 100% of the time.

@L00piN said:

What is this Ryzen 9300x ???!!!!
    L00piN is from the future people... lol :) \
    Both BuyVM and myself allow for bursting of cores on our non dedicated vCPU plans.
    ~Josh

• edited February 2021

Yup, if you don't wanna wait for BuyVM restock - grab one from @DataIdeas-Josh - you will be in good hands :-)
    @hotlineservers also has some sweet Ryzens and pretty good pricing too.
    And I'm about out of ideas if you don't like either one of these lol

• @t0ny0 said:
    P..s - I am guessing you meant Ryzen 3900x right? Cause you might have to wait a little for 9300x :-)

Thanks for the suggestion, I;ve used them in the past quite a few years ago and it was ok, these seem interesting but I need to buy within 1 week .

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@L00piN said:

@t0ny0 said:

Thanks for the suggestion, I;ve used them in the past quite a few years ago and it was ok, these seem interesting but I need to buy within 1 week .

We will have some this weekend :)

Francisco

@L00piN This coming Monday is the first..

• @DataIdeas-Josh heh just typo . I'm waiting your trial so let's see how it goes .

Well still waiting for your trial , lets see .

And no I don't need much cpu usage tbh, just ocasional 1sec maximum duration peaks 3 or 4 times per minute, its pretty low to be honest, just need 100% of the physical core available and all Vps's I've tried so far don't seem to offer this according to my benchmarks .

Tried a few I9 vps's and none of them performed half as good as a single core in my I9 9900k dedicated ... I was expecting same performance as a single core on my server :)

• L00piNL00piN Member
    edited February 2021

@Francisco said:

@L00piN said:

@t0ny0 said:

Francisco

Awsome ! Full physical core available is guaranteed right ? I read fair usage policy is 50% average cpu usage but i should use less than 10 so ...

Basically this is my only requirement besides host passthrough and AVX flags

@L00piN said:

@Francisco said:

@L00piN said:

@t0ny0 said:

Francisco

Awsome ! Full physical core available is guaranteed right ? I read fair usage policy is 50% average cpu usage but i should use less than 10 so ...

The Slice 4096 is 100% usage.

Francisco

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

@L00piN said:
    Hi guys !

Been trying some vps's that fit my usage case but so far very unhappy with what I have found.

I need full core access not a vcpu that just allows me to use a tiny portion of a core and is advertised as 1 core (seems to be the norm ?).

I will not be doing more than 3 or 4 periodic quick cpu peaks (1sec max duration) per minute so I expect to have full access to 1 or 2 physical cores during that short period .

Need anything in the range of :

• Ram 3Gb to 6Gb.

Possibility to make full use of a physical core for very quick peaks is mandatory (seems hard to find ?) .

Need host passthrough enabled and AVX flag available .

Budget between $7 and $15 and looking to buy a few .

Anyone ?

Hi,

We can enable host passthrough for you if you open a support ticket. If enabled, AVX flag is available.

We offer VPS on AMD Ryzen CPUs in Amsterdam area, Netherlands. Your CPU usage is allowed.

VPS X2 (€ 3.50 per month)

2 GB DDR4 RAM
    1 CPU core
    50 GB SSD
    5 TB bandwidth

VPS X4 (€ 6.50 per month)

4 GB DDR4 RAM
    2 CPU cores
    100 GB SSD
    10 TB bandwidth

You can check our packages here.

If you have any questions, feel fry to contact us.

@L00piN said:
    @DataIdeas-Josh heh just typo . I'm waiting your trial so let's see how it goes .

Have you logged into the control panel to finish setup your vps?

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@seriesn 's vdedis? https://nexusbytes.com/virtual-dedicated-server

Or, premium Ryzen VPSes https://nexusbytes.com/ryzen-vps-hosting

Really really good undersold servers, amazing service. Can't go wrong with him

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @lentro said:
    @seriesn 's vdedis? https://nexusbytes.com/virtual-dedicated-server

Or, premium Ryzen VPSes https://nexusbytes.com/ryzen-vps-hosting

Really really good undersold servers, amazing service. Can't go wrong with him

Danke! Sadly we don't have the particular cpu flag op is after :(

Thanked by 1lentro
  • BuyVM is like the luxury brand of LET

@miroc said:
    BuyVM is like the luxury brand of LET

We try! Lots of improvements on the way. More bandwidth everywhere for instance. More stock too!

I’m tinkering with the idea of an EFS like feature but not sure yet.

Francisco

Thanked by 1seriesn