Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Control Panels you would recommend?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Control Panels you would recommend?

Any Free CP that's good? I heard of ISPConfig 3 and Webmin. Not sure how secure is it. Any others?

Comments

• You can try HestiaCP/VestaCP & Cyberpanel.

• Try FastPanel or BrainyCP

• Froxlor if you are fine with its limitations.

• TinyCP

• ISPConfig 3 and Keyhelp are solid. Webmin probably is, too (have not used it yet though).

• I have used ISPconfig 3 for years and it is rock solid. I'd highly recommend it.
    I've heard about Cyberpanel but I have never used it.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

My vote to virtualmin.

Thanked by 2PandoGulf sucre13
  • webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited February 2021

Can recommend froxlor. Leaves you with configuring and updating the system as you like. Since it doesn't touch a lot it has less possible security risks but on the other hand doesn't enhance security too much either.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • coolicecoolice Member
    edited February 2021

I like advanced setups so

ISPconfig +1

Technologically it is rock solid and dev use it in production for their Nginx hosting...

Only think you can wish for is nicer looking UI

Thanked by 2pbx Ympker
  • KeyHelp is decent, so is Webmin/Virtualmin.

Thanked by 2PandoGulf webcraft
  • ISPconfig or Cyberpanel

• easyscp

• Looks like a lot of votes goes to ISPConfig?

• CWP, CyberPanel and aaPanel

• if you dont mind running debian and apache, then I found keyhelp is pretty solid and beyond what I expectation for a free control panel.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Really like Webmin/Virtualmin. Have tried others and nothing comes close IMO. But it depends on what you want to use your CP for. The main complaint I hear about Virtualmin is that there are too many options/settings and it's too complicated. A while ago someone here mentioned that's because it's geared toward the Admin rather than just hosting.

• Aapanel or keyhelp..

• KeyHelp (average user) or Virtualmin (advance adminstrator)

• Hestiacp/Ispconfig/keyhelp.

• @dnwk said:
    Any Free CP that's good? I heard of ISPConfig 3 and Webmin. Not sure how secure is it. Any others?

For which operating system?
    Or distribution in case of Linux??

• nyamenknyamenk Member
    edited February 2021

keyhelp for apache / aapanel for apache,nginx,ols / virtualmin for apache,nginx

Thanked by 2Ganonk notarobo
  • webmin is my favor :blush:

• for me, it is cyberpanel comes with OLS (apache compatible)

or if you don't need mail, dns etc then you can just install OLS which comes with its own panel and surprisingly it is very stable and adding new virtualhosts is easy with templates

• edited February 2021

Personal use? WordOps - command line control :)

Thanked by 2vyas11 dnwk
  • verovero Member, Host Rep

@seenu said:
    for me, it is cyberpanel comes with OLS (apache compatible)

True. Can absolutely recommend for personal use.

Thanked by 1seenu
  • @seenu said:
    for me, it is cyberpanel comes with OLS (apache compatible)

or if you don't need mail, dns etc then you can just install OLS which comes with its own panel and surprisingly it is very stable and adding new virtualhosts is easy with templates

I used to use CyberPanel until it crash after a update, then I back to the terminal style.

• Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited February 2021

For Debian and Ubuntu, KeyHelp® work out the box... easy to use and it has everything you need to manage a web server .. Developers are working on major update for Q1 2021. check it out! https://www.keyhelp.de/en/

Thanked by 1dnwk
  • ispconfig is stable but you need to have some knowledge for each software and update.

cyberpanel also a good alternative especially if your web doesn't need a complicated htaccess rules (if your website use WordPress then cyberpanel is more than enough, they also have WordPress installer built-in)

but if your VPS provider give you DirectAdmin for free/cheap then use DirectAdmin

• I have used aaPanel for 2 years. And I love its.

Thanked by 1coreflux