Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iDRAC6 ssh virtual console setup.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iDRAC6 ssh virtual console setup.

jokotanjokotan Member
edited February 2021 in Help

Hello LET support,

Server come with IPMI from Dell "R210 II". It is support java application to access virtual console, but it doesn't work and fail with "Connection failed" error under linux (and I'm not alone with it).

I want to connect to virtual console through second possible way iDRAC6 ssh.
I'm stuck at system level configuration. Manuals give the different information and I'm worry not to break something. Currently, I found as the best this manual:
https://bgoglin.livejournal.com/20464.html

And I'm at "grub2 setup" part.
My current: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="rd.auto rd.auto=1 selinux=0 quiet " and I'm thinking to change it to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="rd.auto rd.auto=1 selinux=0 console=tty0 console=ttyS1,115200n8"
Should I also really uncomment GRUB_TERMINAL=console ? Or it will break some ways of possible access to console/ssh/rescue mode?

Manual also describe to edit /etc/inittab: but there is no inittab at Debian 10. :-)

Thanks