Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel Backup Storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel Backup Storage

HostXNowHostXNow Member
edited February 2021 in General

Anyone know of any like this

https://www.interserver.net/storage/ which includes interactive SSH login, rsync and works fine with JetBackup.

If it uses Cloud storage instead of a single dedicated server (even if RAID10) and there is UK/EU location, that's a plus.

Also, the storage usage stats at InterServer don't update immediately due to the setup it uses. Be better if usage was updated quicker.

PS want at least 1GB/s network speed.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Pretty sure their plans are just shared hosting with a fat allocation...?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Pretty sure their plans are just shared hosting with a fat allocation...?

Francisco

Yes, I guess so as it's powered by DirectAdmin.

I already use Acronis, but good to have set of backup by JetBackup, too. There are not many UK/EU locations though... UK --> USA and vice-verser is slow.

There are some who offer it but hardly offer any storage, have very poor disk IO or slow network speeds.

I tried Hetzner storage boxes but no SSH access and the speeds are up and down. Wasabi was terrible. It's annoying when you upload and it's doing a million different things to the data with renaming filenames etc just to get the data there :dizzy:

• @Francisco

8 Cores @ 2.00+ GHz 16 GB Memory 4000 GB Storage Unlim. @ 1000 Mbps $120.00 / month

That's a lot! Slab is good but only Las Vegas location. Do you have any plans to offer EU location?

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@HostXNow said: That's a lot! Slab is good but only Las Vegas location. Do you have any plans to offer EU location?

The premium Slabs have already come to the beautiful town of Roost, though have all already been sold out.

Thanked by 1HostXNow
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@HostXNow said: @Francisco

8 Cores @ 2.00+ GHz 16 GB Memory 4000 GB Storage Unlim. @ 1000 Mbps $120.00 / month

That's a lot! Slab is good but only Las Vegas location. Do you have any plans to offer EU location?

There's another crate of servers heading to LUX in the morning :) 400TB of additional slab stock. It'll be a few weeks before it's available given how long things got delayed last time.

Francisco

Thanked by 1HostXNow
  • I don't mean to derail because Francisco is great and you should definitely choose lux slabs when they're back in stock but
    @HostXNow do you happen to know what region(s) those InterServer plans have?

• @Erisa said:
    I don't mean to derail because Francisco is great and you should definitely choose lux slabs when they're back in stock but
    @HostXNow do you happen to know what region(s) those InterServer plans have?

https://www.geodatatool.com/en/?ip=69.10.59.194

Looks to be New Jersey East Coast which is best for the UK, but still, I prefer UK/EU for best speeds possible.

Thanked by 1Erisa