Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible virmach Atlanta KVM node outage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Possible virmach Atlanta KVM node outage

I suspect, but cannot confirm that there may been a KVM parent host problem for some KVM nodes in Atlanta beginning about 8 or 9 hours before this post. This might be like an issue at the LAKVM3 node a few days ago I suspect. Through the client billing panel in managing a service the page takes awhile to render until only an error message appears: Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received.

There is also a pop-up that is now being displayed for Black Friday specials (which applies to the outage I'm seeing) containing:

Virtual server not found on the manage product page means that your service is not
properly linked to the VPS control panel. We are aware of this issue. Please do not
create a ticket, and if you did create one, please close it. This will ensure we can
correct this as quickly as possible and there is no need to contact us

I do not currently see any network status of this issue yet. The LA outage resulted in networking changes a few days later so I'm waiting for a similar outcome here unless there is something specific to my service which it could be, but I'm awfully reluctant to send any support tickets to virmach generally. If it unclear to me if they are aware of this specific problem, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The bot strikes again.

• levnodelevnode Member
    edited February 2021

Don't worry, they (he) will reply here very soon with wall of text, blame anything he can think of including WHMCS, SolusVM, even KVM or customers with wall of text. However, your issue will not be resolved after 2 -> 3 days, or in some worse case, weeks.

Thanked by 1miroc
  • u have been quite unlucky

• yes mine vps also down in atlanta.

Thanked by 1jtk
  • ATLKVM3 is fine.

Thanked by 1jtk
  • Can someone guess the number of paragraphs this time? ;)

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • @Sanjue007 said:
    Can someone guess the number of paragraphs this time? ;)

69 because it's valentine's day

Thanked by 1Sanjue007
  • mirocmiroc Member
    edited February 2021

@levnode said:
    Don't worry, they (he) will reply here very soon with wall of text, blame anything he can think of including WHMCS, SolusVM, even KVM or customers with wall of text. However, your issue will not be resolved after 2 -> 3 days, or in some worse case, weeks.

And this will be a strong enough sign that OP should move away from them lol

• Just checked, my Atlanta VMs are fine. Might just be one node.

Thanked by 1jtk
  • ATLKVM13 is fine too.

Thanked by 1jtk
  • @notarobo said:
    u have been quite unlucky

Not really. Just the law of big numbers. I have a a sizeable number of systems spread around various providers. Things go down from time to time.

• @miroc said:
    And this will be a strong enough sign that OP should move away from them lol

Probably not. I like virmach. Their BF deals are well worth any occasional migration or downtime I've seen.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • jtkjtk Member
    edited February 2021

Looks like it has recovered without any changes. My VM (on ATLKVM6) uptime suggests there was an outage that recovered about an hour ago as of this post. virmach has posted an update to their network status page. Looks like CHI10GKVM9 also saw a problem. Everything looks good now. No further posts from me on this thread.

• cgs3238cgs3238 Member
    edited February 2021

CHI10GKVM9 is not good now.
    They are updating in “Network status”

Thanked by 1jtk