Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email Marketing /Newsletter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email Marketing /Newsletter

Apologies if I am posting this in the wrong category I figured its the closest to my inquiry.
I am looking into the different newsletter/email campaigns providers and wanted to hear your opinions on an affordable option (I am bootstrapping a new project). Or maybe hacks to cut down costs on that front like maybe setting up a dedicated server with listmonk?

Comments

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

i would still recommend using mailchimp. In the long run you will end up saving more money and having less issues than trying to run your own mail server.

Just my 2 cents

Thanked by 1MagicApple
  • HotmarerHotmarer Member
    edited February 2021

AcyMailing (Joomla) or Sendy or Mailtrain ♥ + AWS SES

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • hostwebishostwebis Member, Host Rep

The most affordable option is to buy a VPS and install Webmin/Virtualmin and Mautic.
    You will only have to pay for the VPS. All other software is free.

• @hostwebis said:
    The most affordable option is to buy a VPS and install Webmin/Virtualmin and Mautic.
    You will only have to pay for the VPS. All other software is free.

Not many VPS providers will be happy about mass mailing (even if the mass mailing is legitimate).

• Hi,

Mailjet. Awesome pricing.

• @hostwebis said: The most affordable option is to buy a VPS and install Webmin/Virtualmin and Mautic.

We do something similar: mautic + sendgrid. Total costs are $10/mo for Sendgrid and Mautic is open source (free). Sendgrid as opposed to our own server for mailing just because it's easier than running our own mail server.

Mautic does have its quirks though, its UI can be glitchy. Mailchimp is definitely more user-friendly

• Personally use AWS SES + ListMonk. Works fine.

• Depending on the size of your list, Mailchimp gets really expensive. When I was going to be paying something like $150/month I switched to EmailOctopus for $30/month, then switched to Sendy (using Amazon SES and a VPS I already had) for around $1.50/month. Version upgrades are $29 and seem to happen every year or so. I've also had better delivery performance than I had with Mailchimp. 2 years in and I have no complaints.

Thanked by 1kalimov622
  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited February 2021

@Hotmarer said: Sendy or Mailtrain ♥ + AWS SES

MVP, ez win! (Mautic as Mailtrain alternatives)

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • best paid is convertkit or active campaign, best paid self hosted is sendy, best free is mautic.

Thanked by 1kalimov622