Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What should i do with my 2 new idling VPS? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What should i do with my 2 new idling VPS?

13»

Comments

• henixhenix Member
    edited February 2021

@skorupion said:
    I have just won 2 VPS from Racknerd :
    1 GB KVM New years VPS for 1 year
    1 512 MB ryzen VPS for 1 year.
    They currently are just idling. Any ideas what should I do with them?

Lil message to @FAT32 : Can I create shared hosting on them and give it away to random people?

i'm actually wandering the same thing.
    i have
    2x 3.5gb / 3cpu
    2x 1gb / 2cpu
    1x 8gb / 4cpu
    1x 0.5gb / 1cpu
    and a dedicated server
    any ideas?

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@henix said: any ideas?

If you pay for them monthly and don't use them, then get rid of them, I got those 2 for free, and they are free till the end of the year

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2021

If you have nice server, but don't wish to idle some nice offer (or free offer), then donate it. You can donate the CPU towards a free project like FoldingAtHome, or you can donate the bandwidth to something like The Tor Project by hosting a relay node (there is a guide on LEB).

I believe there are other ways too for donating the server to a great non-profit cause.

Meanwhile, please note that the end is nigh, so do it (if you wish) for science and humanity's evolution; not out of fear for some foretold spiritual apocalypse.