Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute is a joke - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute is a joke

Comments

• My point is now its all about your noble quest to save MXRoute from becoming Microsoft mail, not your quest to get your email

• @Unbelievable said:
    My point is now its all about your noble quest to save MXRoute from becoming Microsoft mail, not your quest to get your email

Can we atleast say, “Op delivered”😂

Thanked by 1jar
  • That wasn't a good joke... a good joke is...

Thanked by 3brueggus kalimov622 jar
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

It's okay to have PMS once in a while. Even males have some degree of Estrogen. Besides, it lets out stress.

Just don't go PMSing perpetually. Now, that's a mental condition and a possible reason for going under a gender alteration.

• @deank said:

Where PMS starts and where fanboy'izm finishes?

Thanked by 1Levi
  • @LTniger said:

status=bounced (host arrow.mxrouting.net[116.202.115.120] said: 550 High scoring spam message has been dropped, likely blacklist

I'm of the opinion that it shouldn't be dropped but sent to the spam folder.
    Spam is a real problem but false positives are also a real problem as well.
    Just send it to spam and delete the spam every 100 days how hard is that?

• @trycatchthis said: I'm of the opinion that it shouldn't be dropped but sent to the spam folder.

you do realize that the SPF record itself might tell the receiving mail server how to handle mails from not included servers and therefore the (hard) fail might be just because the mailserver is honoring what the (wrongly configured) SPF record asks for?

Thanked by 2jar skorous
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Google is not suitable for business :open_mouth:

I try to send message from my server to mailbox with Gsuite and receive nice greeting:

550-5.7.1 [xx.xx.xx.xx] Our system has detected that this message is likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail, this message has been blocked.

What the actual F?! How many emails was dropped like this?! I go to their castrated Settings page and try to tinker with it and add whitelist. Of course it does not do anything :)

Now I come here and create lowend support ticket. I hereby summon no one, because they don't talk to people.

edited February 2021

@vero said:

@seriesn said:
    Lol that is what I meant though. Email is complex and OP made an error and went PMSING.

Granted, Jar may or may not have handled errors a bit better. But tbh, a bounce is better than your email randomly getting blackholed.

I like @jar attitude regarding email handling (I learned earlier) both with yours - about service equality, not considering the company size (or even dominant role in the market), but I apply same requirements to all providers as the seriousness of undelivered email can not be downplayed.

I'd agree if I hadn't personally dealt with the other side of it at scale. HostGator machines falling over from the load of catchall email accounts using millions of inodes because they never rejected any inbound mail for any reason, not even invalid recipient. Due to them consistently being accepted, randomly generated names @ their domains were then sold on lists of valid addresses, causing their inbound spam to multiply exponentially until crisis, all for lack of ever rejecting anything.

There has to be balance, or you create new problems. You reject some email for reasons similar to why your DDOS protection system drops some connections. That's just the nature of the internet right now, not every connection is good and if you don't intelligently filter things then you can't exist once someone decides to be malicious against you.

The key is, with email, you have to reject it with a message so the sender knows it happened.

• So, any comments why do you drop soft-fail SPF? Any comments on generic bounce message? And how about that spam filter?

Anyways:

Whitelist goes off of the MAIL FROM declared before DATA in the SMTP transaction. You'll see this as envelope from, and it often isn't the same as the cosmetic From header added in the DATA stream.

Rejection happens at an rspamd score of 15 unless otherwise overridden by something here: https://github.com/mxroute/rspamd_rules

Always happy to review for any claims of false positive. It's designed to prefer receiving spam over false positives, but every day is a new day.

@LTniger said:
    So, any comments why do you drop soft-fail SPF? Any comments on generic bounce message? And how about that spam filter?

It would have to be more than that. Changing that may have simply tipped the scale enough.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited February 2021

@jar said:

@LTniger said:
    So, any comments why do you drop soft-fail SPF? Any comments on generic bounce message? And how about that spam filter?

It would have to be more than that. Changing that may have simply tipped the scale enough.

Are you in power to change bounce message to something like "yo mofo, check dat spf"? That would resolve few problems and would help mail server admins a lot.

Thanked by 1jar

Don't listen to @JarLard.

He's stupid! He himself said so! I've even laminated it in my sig!

Thanked by 1jar

@LTniger said:

@jar said:

@LTniger said:

Are you in power to change bounce message to something like "yo mofo, check dat spf"? That would resolve few problems and would help mail server admins a lot.

It would have to be a new iteration of the inbound system. It's not off the table.

• @jar said:

@LTniger said:

@jar said:

@LTniger said:

It would have to be a new iteration of the inbound system. It's not off the table.

Can you verify my claim that soft-fail SPF invoke message rejection? Just ~all

@LTniger said:

@jar said:

@LTniger said:

@jar said:

@LTniger said:

Can you verify my claim that soft-fail SPF invoke message rejection? Just ~all

It does not. However, every rspamd test against an email has an opportunity to add a score. Generally any one single rule causing rejection is something I've made and it's in the GitHub repo. The default rules don't really do that, only a collection of them building up to a score of 15 would do that.

And that's relevant, because the scores not defined in that GitHub repo are defaults, which means your email would face similar when being sent to any server running rspamd.

• Can I turn off spam filter per domain? I feel mazohystic.

@LTniger said:
    Can I turn off spam filter per domain? I feel mazohystic.

Mostly, in your settings, but there's still a layer above it that you can't. You can contribute to the global filter though, or ask me to give you a report on a specific event of it and determine whether or not it justifies an action on my part to change it.

• Completely turning off a spam filter arguably hurts other people on a shared platform when you start getting 600TB of malware filling up your inbox

Thanked by 2jar o_be_one
  • Thank you for answers.

Email is service which requires maximum amount of transparency and very clear policies. In this case I missed documentation.

Overall, ignoring this incident, service is suficient for casual use.

Mass of fanboyz shows that the service is popular :) congrats

Thanked by 1jar
  • definitely go with ElasticEmail, 100 times better than mxroute

I am not a fanboy of a jar.

I am just able to smell PMS. That's all.

• @deank said:

How is it? Reminds of vinegar?

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@Jio said:
    Completely turning off a spam filter arguably hurts other people on a shared platform when you start getting 600TB of malware filling up your inbox

Any 600TB email hosting plans around?

@LTniger said:

@deank said:

With a side of fish.

Thanked by 1sebkehl

@LTniger said:

First of all, I see whether there is logic in the user's writing.

If it is lacking, then its leading to either PMS or language barrier. In your case, there is no language barrier, so I leaned toward PMS.

Reading further into your first post, it's clear that you were just spewing out words in anger while providing virtually no other evidence than "rejected".

Thus, PMS.

edited February 2021

@deank said:

@LTniger said:

First of all, I see whether there is logic in the user's writing.

If it is lacking, then its leading to either PMS or language barrier. In your case, there is no language barrier, so I leaned toward PMS.

Reading further into your first post, it's clear that you were just spewing out words in anger while providing virtually no other evidence than "rejected".

Thus, PMS.

I submit that rather than anger or PMS, @LTniger knows the LET algorithm and, out of kindness, wanted to pay for my date with the wife Thursday night.

A negative thread increases sales better than a positive one.

@jar said:
    A negative thread increases sales better than a positive one.

Thus, the end is nigh.

Thanked by 2jar brueggus