Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hybrid Ryzen VPS (Antwerp) + FREE 500 GB BRICK cloud storage $84/yr!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hybrid Ryzen VPS (Antwerp) + FREE 500 GB BRICK cloud storage $84/yr!

Hello all,

New month new deal!

First the VPS: Big CPU, NVMe OS Disk Space and SATA bulk storage. Best of both worlds! All storage is networked so don't expect local performance but for most workloads it's fast enough and you get the huge advantage of no downtime during host node patching! All storage is connected by a fully redundant 40 gbps infiniband network.

Basic specs:

• 1x AMD Ryzen 3900 XT vCPU shared ((AES + Host passthrough enabled).
  • 2048 MB RAM
  • 20GB networked NVMe OS Disk space (triple replicated!)
  • 1 TB networked SATA storage
  • 25 TB monthly transfer
  • 1Gbps uplink
  • 1x IPv4
  • 1x IPv6 (Please open ticket for full /64 assignment).
  • Proxmox/KVM virtualization.
  • Instant provisioning.

Extra perks:

• One free snapshot.
  • Free 50 GB backup space.
  • Free HA (best effort, depends on hardware availability/outage).

Only €7/mo or €70/yr! ($84) excl. VAT for EU customers. (Recurring).

*SATA storage is upgradable during order for only €6/mo for each additional TB or €5/mo with annual payment!

That's not all, order now and get a coupon for FREE 500 GB NOVOS BRICK cloud space (Managed Nextcloud storage) worth €2.50/mo (€25/yr)*! (Coupon is mailed after order verification, please allow some time).

DIRECT ORDER LINK

TOS: https://novos.be/terms-of-service/
FAQ: https://novos.be/faq/
Company info: https://novos.be/company-information/
Network: https://novos.be/network/

Not convinced yet? check out our reviews! https://trustpilot.com/review/novos.be

Thanked by 2ferri Ganonk

Comments

• How much extra would be additional 2GB RAM ?

• @amarc said:
    How much extra would be additional 2GB RAM ?

Click the order link and you can see the upgrades. In this case 2 a month or 20/yr.

• @marvel tnx. Is that /64 routed ? ie. can I use it to create IPv6 containers ?

• @amarc said:
    @marvel tnx. Is that /64 routed ? ie. can I use it to create IPv6 containers ?

Yes it is!

• You should clarify that those 25 TB monthly traffic will count for your networked SATA storage too. vmstat is showing me 60 GB transferred, but your dashboard is tripling that value.

• @gonzas144 said:
    You should clarify that those 25 TB monthly traffic will count for your networked SATA storage too. vmstat is showing me 60 GB transferred, but your dashboard is tripling that value.

There is currently a bug that counts cluster traffic as well which is about 40 GB a day but currently no action is taken on bandwidth overusage because of that, unless there is extreme abusive behavior but that will be dealt with manually.

Anyway there's nothing to worry about. Traffic is so low that I might just call it a day and switch to unmetered.

Thanked by 1zennne
  • Hi how does the brick storage coupon work? Does it stay as long as you have this plan?

• How would latency be mounting brick webdav to the instance? All priave network traffics ?

• @buzzyLET said:
    Hi how does the brick storage coupon work? Does it stay as long as you have this plan?

Yes. I'm sorry I should have clarified this.

So the brick plan is connected to this plan, but should you cancel the VPS plan after 1 month payment (so 1 month payment has to be completed) then your brick will downgrade to a lifetime free 200 GB plan.

• @Jio said:
    How would latency be mounting brick webdav to the instance? All priave network traffics ?

Personally I wouldn't recommend this. I would keep those separate. Webdav is a really slow and not very efficient protocol.

The BRICK is just there to store and share pictures and other stuff. You can def. use webdav to fill it but I wouldn't use it as a permanent mount point on your VPS or something, although some people do that I would not recommend it.

It's best to see these as two different products with two different use cases.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @marvel said:

@gonzas144 said:
    You should clarify that those 25 TB monthly traffic will count for your networked SATA storage too. vmstat is showing me 60 GB transferred, but your dashboard is tripling that value.

There is currently a bug that counts cluster traffic as well which is about 40 GB a day but currently no action is taken on bandwidth overusage because of that, unless there is extreme abusive behavior but that will be dealt with manually.

Anyway there's nothing to worry about. Traffic is so low that I might just call it a day and switch to unmetered.

Are you kidding me. I just refunded my lxc container a few days ago because it 512mb ram was a bit low for me but also because the traffic usage showed tremendous value and I really needed high traffic about a few tb for my project and figured there is no way to prove that you system is wrong so I refunded.should I buy it back (is it in stock)??

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited February 2021

@codelock said:

@marvel said:

@gonzas144 said:

Are you kidding me. I just refunded my lxc container a few days ago because it 512mb ram was a bit low for me but also because the traffic usage showed tremendous value and I really needed high traffic about a few tb for my project and figured there is no way to prove that you system is wrong so I refunded.should I buy it back (is it in stock)??

There is still stock yes. Sorry for that, you could have opened a ticket I would have clarified it ;)

Btw do remember that I won't do another refund if you rebuy, because refunding costs me a lot of fees to Paypal.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • What does "triple replicated!" mean? Will the 20GB networked NVMe OS Disk space become
    60GB?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@oem003 said:

What does "triple replicated!" mean? Will the 20GB networked NVMe OS Disk space become
    60GB?

You pay for 60GB hardware but only get 20GB storage.
    System stores 3 copies of your data, so that provider wouldn't have to do push-ups for losing your data unless 3 drives fail at the same time.

• So the brick plan is connected to this plan, but should you cancel the VPS plan after 1 month payment (so 1 month payment has to be completed) then your brick will downgrade to a lifetime free 200 GB plan.

That's great!

• I notice that there is a admin account who have access to data stored in NOVOS BRICK.
    I have to wonder about the security of the data.

• @oem003 said:
    I notice that there is a admin account who have access to data stored in NOVOS BRICK.
    I have to wonder about the security of the data.

If you're sensitive to this kind of things, use the end to end encryption feature of Nextcloud or just encrypt the files yourself.

Thanked by 1marvel
  • Have you receive the 500Gb brick voucher?
    Ordered 3 days ago and still nothing

• @lebidule said:
    Have you receive the 500Gb brick voucher?
    Ordered 3 days ago and still nothing

Hi sorry it took so long. Did you receive it now? If not can you open a ticket? Thanks!

Thanked by 1lebidule
  • Received, thank you!

Thanked by 1marvel
  • Well @marvel that was clearly a lie. You suspended my service after 100% usage in your meter, and I'm well below 25 TB / mo (around 12 TB now couting UPLOAD + DOWNLOAD in VNSTAT). So yeah...

• @gonzas144 said:
    Well @marvel that was clearly a lie. You suspended my service after 100% usage in your meter, and I'm well below 25 TB / mo (around 12 TB now couting UPLOAD + DOWNLOAD in VNSTAT). So yeah...

That's clearly an error. Can you open a ticket? I'll fix it asap!

• @marvel said:

@gonzas144 said:
    Well @marvel that was clearly a lie. You suspended my service after 100% usage in your meter, and I'm well below 25 TB / mo (around 12 TB now counting UPLOAD + DOWNLOAD in VNSTAT). So yeah...

Did it just a moment ago.

• @gonzas144 said:

@marvel said:

@gonzas144 said:
    Well @marvel that was clearly a lie. You suspended my service after 100% usage in your meter, and I'm well below 25 TB / mo (around 12 TB now counting UPLOAD + DOWNLOAD in VNSTAT). So yeah...

Did it just a moment ago.

Yes, seems like there were email problems as well. I'm gone for one day and issues start popping up :) Anyway should be fixed now sorry for the troubles.

• gonzas144gonzas144 Member
    edited February 2021

To be fair with @marvel and NOVOS, they solved my issue in less than a day.

Thanked by 1marvel