Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quadhost currently offline
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quadhost currently offline

Many have complained about @quadhost service downtime and support unresponsiveness over the past year, but up until a few hours ago their entire web presence (including i-83) as well as many services were at least functional. Now they provide appear to be completely unreachable. It may just be an extended outage, but with not a peep from them in about a year, this may finally be the end.

Comments

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2021

I think at some point, almost everyone saw this coming.

Shameless plug:

If anyone interested, https://my.nexusbytes.com/knowledgebase/31/Switcher-Special-and-Contract-Buy-Out-Guidelines.html

• Make sure to cancel paypal subscriptions before next billing date if the service doesnt come back up and you dont want to prolong your drama

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

dns not resolving..

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited February 2021

Of curiosity, how is someone supposed to follow those guidelines in this instance if the entire QuadHost infrastructure is (potentially permanently) offline?
    Essentially every web property that they own has gone byebye so it wouldn't be possible for someone to get the screenshots and cancellation confirmations required to take advantage of this offer.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited February 2021

I'm not surprised. I had a ticket open with them since December 2019 with no response, and some of their nodes have already been down for at least 6 months. A high pri "server down" ticket I created at the end of June 2020 never got a response.

Last I checked their status page, back when it still loaded, it looked like this:

(I don't have a full page screenshot handy, but most of it was red like this)

My guess is that more and more of their servers are coming up for renewal, and they're no longer paying any of the bills, so everything is slowly being disconnected.

• Only my french server is still alive, it's sad to see them go but it was bound to happen someday. Let's abuse it for as long as I can

• @JimmyBeans said:
    Let's abuse it for as long as I can

Doesn't make sense.

• And it appears much of what was running prior has returned. About a 15 hour outage according to my calculations. I won't bother reporting on future outages. I think the writing is on the wall for anyone who still has stuff at @quadhost at this point.

• Miracle they survived this long. Farewell, George (if you’re still there).

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • Looks like their status page is back: http://statuscake.quadhost.net/

seems legit.

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • cociucociu Member
    edited February 2021
  • Hey, sexy guy.

That is art.

Thanked by 1cociu
  • website is back online, so u can place your orders 🤣

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • Well, my server is back.

I know stupid me not checking LET for provider current status and thus renewing server yearly.

Nothing is stored here, it's just idle with web-server running just for fun.

Hopefully, I will not renew this year :D

• @Erisa said:

Of curiosity, how is someone supposed to follow those guidelines in this instance if the entire QuadHost infrastructure is (potentially permanently) offline?
    Essentially every web property that they own has gone byebye so it wouldn't be possible for someone to get the screenshots and cancellation confirmations required to take advantage of this offer.

With Deadpool, no need tor Cancelation. Copy of your recent paid invoice should be good enough (available within your email :) )

Thanked by 3cociu yoursunny Erisa
  • Thanked by 1cociu
  • Since 1 Feb outage I can't boot up my VPS even if my node (rbx1-fr) appears to be "green" on statuscake's page.
    Anyone knows how is it possible?

• They had a surprisingly cheap NZ node so I'm not surprised that it stayed down. It was a good run though, £2.5/y for something in NZ was and still is super cheap.

• Does anyone have a vps in rbx1 with them? I'm quite sure it's Quadhost's fault and not mine since even the graphs for previous months are fucked up (all null), but I would like to be sure about it. And more importantly I haven't modified that VPS in ~6 months, so I don't see why it would suddenly refuse to boot up.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@chorong said:
    They had a surprisingly cheap NZ node so I'm not surprised that it stayed down. It was a good run though, £2.5/y for something in NZ was and still is super cheap.

If I remember correctly, that node was sponsored by @Zappie.

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

@brueggus said:

@chorong said:
    They had a surprisingly cheap NZ node so I'm not surprised that it stayed down. It was a good run though, £2.5/y for something in NZ was and still is super cheap.

If I remember correctly, that node was sponsored by @Zappie.

Not fully “sponsored” but close to it

We don’t do any NAT services, but if you ever want a fully working small New Zealand vps with a dedicated IPv4 address, we’re doing this promo right now for $3.25/mo (monthly price... not yearly though haha)

• Even after the monthly maintenance (12th of every month) that lasted for 5 DAYS according to status cake, the VPS in rbx is still dead. I even tried to reinstall the OS to check if it could solve the issue.
    And ofc the graphs about CPU/disk usage/bandwidth are still null null null.
    For all that matters I think the rbx node is dead.
    It was nice while it lasted.

• edited February 2021

Wow.. it started around 2018, the red dot were on Singapore node, then it went to another node.. until today..

• The main web page for QuadHost has changed. This seems to suggest that someone at the helm is actively winding things down. If you still have services let here that were still running, they may have begun to fail again.

• @jtk said:
    The main web page for QuadHost has changed. This seems to suggest that someone at the helm is actively winding things down. If you still have services let here that were still running, they may have begun to fail again.

or they get ready for a new customer scam !

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

As of yesterday they've applied to be struck off the CH register:
    https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09661301/filing-history

Thanked by 1jtk
  • @jtk said:
    This seems to suggest that someone at the helm is actively winding things down.

Yes the end is certainly nigh with this one. Though I've had neither a refund nor any kind of personal notification, just this from their frontpage. Service is still up and, for me, has been remarkably good value over the years, will be sad to see it go.

FAQ's

What happened to your website?
    Our main website has been closed, the customer and management portal is still online for you to access your service(s).

What should I do now?
    Take a backup of your data now if you do not already have one.

My service is not available
    If your service is unreachable please contact us for assistance.

Why has my invoice been cancelled
    We are not currently accepting new orders or payments for service renewals.

Why have I received a refund?
    Refunds have been issued for any applicable recent renewal invoices for unused time on services.

I paid recently and have not yet received a refund?
    Please contact us for an update; include the invoice number you are referring to any any transaction details. We will reply as soon as possible.

Thanked by 1jtk
  • Goodbye, my VPS.

Goodbye, my Data.

Goodbye, QuadHost.

Good luck, my backups.

Thanked by 2webcraft Erisa
  • bullshit! I opened like 6 tickets, 3 box paid for 1 year are down for 2 3 months now... tickets get automatically closed...

• @cold said:
    bullshit! I opened like 6 tickets, 3 box paid for 1 year are down for 2 3 months now... tickets get automatically closed...

Ok, I take back what I said, just got a refund for everything after open new tickets with the sale department.
    now they can close the doors :))
    I just wonder why no one bought their business, but probably if they would, they wouldn't keeped the prices the Quadhost had

Thanked by 1jtk